PDA

View Full Version : One goal achived - Braided Bun.

Hypnotica
September 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
About a year ago, I tried once again to do a braided bun (both the pinned version and the one with a stick) and only managed to do a sad little knob in the back. I can both braid and bun so I just lacked sufficient amount of hair for doing a braided bun *I* was pleased with.

Since then, very bad things has passed and now I'm mostly forgetting all about my hair because I'm out living my life to the fullest.

Anyway, because of me being busy all the time I have been in a style rut and when I had some moments over about two weeks ago I tried braiding and bunning my hair once again. I discovered two things:

1. Start the braid in the middle of the head to get as much use of the lenght.
2. I can do a passable braided bun I don't feel "knobby" in!

A small step, but it sigificant to me :) Now I only have two styles left to conquer before I'm satisfied.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6176/6189753240_de48de1683_z.jpg

VikingVampChick
September 27th, 2011, 12:44 PM
About a year ago, I tried once again to do a braided bun (both the pinned version and the one with a stick) and only managed to do a sad little knob in the back. I can both braid and bun so I just lacked sufficient amount of hair for doing a braided bun *I* was pleased with.

Since then, very bad things has passed and now I'm mostly forgetting all about my hair because I'm out living my life to the fullest.

Anyway, because of me being busy all the time I have been in a style rut and when I had some moments over about two weeks ago I tried braiding and bunning my hair once again. I discovered two things:

1. Start the braid in the middle of the head to get as much use of the lenght.
2. I can do a passable braided bun I don't feel "knobby" in!

A small step, but it sigificant to me :) Now I only have two styles left to conquer before I'm satisfied.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6176/6189753240_de48de1683_z.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait 'til my hair is long enough for this :)

Shelly
September 27th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Congratulations. It looks great. What are the other 2 styles?

Melanie Marie
September 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Your braided bun is truly beautiful! I'm also just managing to make a braided bun that fits my standards, so I can definitely relate. :p

I would also like to know the other two styles you want to master!

Madora
September 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hypnotica, your braided bun is picture perfect! Congratulations!

Nicci4
September 27th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Gorgeous!!!

Hypnotica
September 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
The other styles is a Celtic Knot and a Crown Braid.

Lapin
September 27th, 2011, 01:33 PM
oh, that looks beautiful!
definitely a nice, full bun braid!

SusanSt
September 27th, 2011, 01:37 PM
That looks really beautiful, Hypnotica! So nice and even.

Xi
September 27th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Beautiful braided bun! :blossom: Congratulations.

Mrspuddinhead
September 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Simply beautiful!! I can't wait until my braided buns are this full and beautiful.

Shelly
September 27th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Both are very beautiful styles. I'm sure you would look beautiful with both.

cheetahfast
September 27th, 2011, 02:02 PM

I can't wait to be able to do a crown braid! It's a goal of mine too.

Your braided bun looks lovely.

wooliswonderful
September 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I cannot wait until I have a bun that beautiful!!

ebba
September 27th, 2011, 02:31 PM
looks great! congrats

Alaia
September 27th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hypnotica, that braided bun is absolutely perfect!

I know how you felt about the knobbly thing, I didn't feel I could do a proper braided bun even when I was at TB.

It was worth the wait though, that picture is gorgeous!

I hope you're doing well.

Amoretti
September 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM
You're making me feel nostalgic for my old length :)

It's a perfect braided bun. :crush:

MrsGuther
September 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Your braided bun is absolutely gorgeous! Wish mine looked like that! :)

Hypnotica
September 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM
You're making me feel nostalgic for my old length :)

It's a perfect braided bun. :crush:

I find it interesting that *no one* seems to get that I have long hair when it's up in a braided bun :D

I took my hair down briefly and some of my coworkers that have not seen my hair down ever went "Your hair is loooooong!".

Haha.

swetiepeti
September 27th, 2011, 03:30 PM
very nice, in fact picture perfect

embee
September 27th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Lovely! Must be nice to have thick enough hair to make something with some body to it! ;)

QMacrocarpa
September 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM
My braided bun falls at your beautiful braided bun's feet! (do buns have feet?) :D

Teazel
September 27th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Oh Hypnotica, your braided bun is beautiful! :thud:

Yozhik
September 27th, 2011, 06:01 PM
That's a gorgeous braided bun. I really like it. :thumbsup:

At first I was confused about what you meant by a knobby braided bun, but once I saw it, it was clear. Those last two coils just make it look so full and beautiful!

Hypnotica
September 27th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Lovely! Must be nice to have thick enough hair to make something with some body to it! ;)

The secret is to puff the braid before pinning it up :)

Hypnotica
September 28th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Oh Hypnotica, your braided bun is beautiful! :thud:

Your buns are an inspiration to me.

Theobroma
September 28th, 2011, 03:49 AM
That's just... wow. Gorgeous. :thudpile:

racrane
September 28th, 2011, 07:24 AM
That's beautiful. I'm waiting for my bun to look like yours! :)

Airmide
September 28th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Wow, that may be the most picture-perfect bun I've ever seen! Gorgeous colors and it looks like the exact perfect size on your head.

One tip for getting larger looking buns and making the most of the length I've learned: The way I used to wear my hair every single day for years - Pull the top part, maybe 1/3 or so of all your hair, into a half-up with a hair clip or something. Braid that, take the hair clip out, move that braid out of the way and then braid the rest of the hair directly under the top braid. Wind the top braid into a mini-bun, then wind the bigger bottom braid around the whole thing. It will take up more of your head, but stick out less far.

Hypnotica
September 29th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Wow, that may be the most picture-perfect bun I've ever seen! Gorgeous colors and it looks like the exact perfect size on your head.

One tip for getting larger looking buns and making the most of the length I've learned: The way I used to wear my hair every single day for years - Pull the top part, maybe 1/3 or so of all your hair, into a half-up with a hair clip or something. Braid that, take the hair clip out, move that braid out of the way and then braid the rest of the hair directly under the top braid. Wind the top braid into a mini-bun, then wind the bigger bottom braid around the whole thing. It will take up more of your head, but stick out less far.

Thanks for the tip. My hair like to tangle when I try to separate it for half-ups for some strange reason.

If I have the time tonight I'm going to try this.

MissAlida
September 29th, 2011, 03:55 AM
That is one of the most beautiful buns I've ever seen...:disbelief I just hope I'll be able to do it when I reach waist...

kamikaze hair
September 29th, 2011, 04:40 AM
:thudpile:

(wow!)

Lize
September 29th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Looks fantastic! :)

Jezerellica
September 29th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Wow! It is beautiful!! Not just "Passable"! Wish I had the texture for something like this!! I will just enjoy yours! Thanks for sharing! :flower:

Hypnotica
September 29th, 2011, 05:40 AM
That is one of the most beautiful buns I've ever seen...:disbelief I just hope I'll be able to do it when I reach waist...

I could not do this at waist - too little hair! I apparently had to grow to classic.

jojo
September 29th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Looks really neat and professional.

whats your next bun goal? mine is the pretzel bun, im working on it!

jojo
September 29th, 2011, 06:07 AM

Hypnotica is at classic length or top of thighs, though I could manage one at waist but more a wrapped up version, not as nice as this one.

Hypnotica
September 29th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Looks really neat and professional.

whats your next bun goal? mine is the pretzel bun, im working on it!

Next bun goal would be a big and nice Celtic Knot.

Albiryo
September 29th, 2011, 06:39 AM
This looks so awesome!

I wish my hair was long enough to do this....

CarpeDM
September 29th, 2011, 07:03 AM
That looks beautiful!