PDA

View Full Version : 4 year Anniversary! Feels just like starting over...

andrea1982
September 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hello All! I thought I should acknowledge the fact that I've been around here for four years! I can't believe it's been that long. I tend to read more than I post, but I really value and appreciate this community and everyone here, so thanks! I had reached waist length as you can see in my album, but I recently got a layered chin length bob last june.

I had my second child in January, and I felt like I needed a change. Although I liked the color of my henna initially, it doesn't really go as well with my skin tone as my natural color. It really is PERMANENT! I knew this before I hennaed my hair, and I only did glosses about every 4-6 months. Still, when I decided to go back to my natural color, I found out the hard way that even straight bleach would not touch the orange/red hue in my hair. (strand tests of course!) For anyone thinking of henna.. please consider carefully! It's not permanent in the way that chemical colors are (can be bleached out or dyed over, etc.) It's permanent in the never come out until you chop your hair permanent. Also, the post partum shedding, hair pulling, and puking in my hair by my baby was really starting to get to me.

I don't regret my cut, but I do feel a little sad that I'm sort of starting my long hair journey over again after four years. Oh well.. here's to wishing for fast growth, and starting with healthy virgin hair!

Off to post some current pics in my album:)..

ETA: link to my flikr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68074183@N08/sets/

Stephanie
September 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Yes, I made the mistake of trying to bleach henna (mixed with something else...not sure what) out of my hair when I was about 13 years old. That was fun to deal with. LOL I ended up with just about every color under the rainbow. Predominantly copper with some streaks of green and blue.

Here's wishing for some super fast growth of healthy hair for you!

racrane
September 27th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Aw, happy, healthy growing to you! :)

mom2fourgirls
September 27th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I was here long time ago too and had but lenght hair!!! I cut it after I had a baby too for the same reason!!! puked on, pulled on!! just wanted a change too :) cuz I had long hair most of my life.. My hair is shoulder lenght now too :) let's see how long it takes us to grow our hair out :) good luck :) can't wait to have long hair again :)

archel
September 27th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Well, I chopped my hair for a different reason, but when I first was on LHC I was waist length, now I'm barely APL - it's making me crazy!!

Here's to us encouraging each other to have patience :)

Lapin
September 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Well, I chopped my hair for a different reason, but when I first was on LHC I was waist length, now I'm barely APL - it's making me crazy!!

Here's to us encouraging each other to have patience :)

*tips a glass*
One year and one trim after my big chop, and my hair is finally sweeping my shoulders!

Fresh starts are a great thing, mentally and, eventually, for your long, healthy hair too :)

wooliswonderful
September 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Here's to your fresh start with virgin hair! :toast:

MrsGuther
September 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Happy Four Year LHC-niversary!!!

einna
September 27th, 2011, 03:05 PM
4 years, wow. Congratulations and good luck growing long hair again =)

MsBubbles
September 27th, 2011, 05:00 PM
The uploads are still not working on this site...maybe you can upload to Flickr or something, and link them for us? I'd really like to see your anniversary/LHC history pics!

jojo
September 27th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hair grows, dont fret it will be back to longer lengths before long. Happy anniversary!

andrea1982
September 27th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's nice to know I'm not the only one trying to re-grow. MsBubbles, so that's why I couldn't upload my pics! When I have some more spare time I'll try to upload from flikr.

Aqua Gal
September 27th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I'm growing back too! Happy growing & congrats on 4 yrs.

andrea1982
September 27th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Okay, so I put some pics up on flikr including current ones, hope this works :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/68074183@N08/sets/

Lisa R
September 27th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Congratulations on 4years! I know what it's like to start over again. At least you'll have lots of support here as you continue to grow:)

Happy hair growing!