PDA

View Full Version : Research Into Lifestyle Elements that contribute to Hairloss

Aerin
September 27th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Just thought you guys would appreciate this link:

http://healthland.time.com/2011/09/27/the-stress-of-divorce-writ-on-womens-heads/

Red Rapunzel
September 27th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks! I can sure relate to stress causing hair loss!

swearnsue
September 27th, 2011, 10:57 AM
That was interesting. I read it while drinking coffee and talking to hubby. Still though it's hard to handle stress in a positive way sometimes. Last week hubby fell and hurt his knee and couldn't walk so I was busy cleaning, fetching, calling Drs., giving bed baths, etc and I did shed a lot more.:rolleyes:

Purdy Bear
September 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Interesting reading.

From an Alopecia point of view, they did link it with Diabetes but the DNA research (if I remember rightly) linked it directly to a form of Arthritus and thus they may (in the future) use some meds for that for the Alopecia.

It would be interesting to see a study of a group of women who did meditation against those who didnt and compare their hair loss. Aromatherphy has been shown to have a success with it, and that is part of a massage based thing and so relaxation.

Cassie 123
September 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Hooray for coffee! :coffee:

And "having a lot of money" increases chances of hair loss! :laugh: Maybe there is justice in this world!

Now off I go to buy some hats..