PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous updo with no pins or toys

buttercupmcgee
September 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I just stumbled upon this video....great to keep in mind if a person is ever stuck somewhere without pins or toys of any kind (the horror!)

:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08Ikn5lcyA&feature=related

isabelx
September 27th, 2011, 07:50 AM
It's pretty :) I can just imagine a massive gust of wind coming and blowing it all out if I did it though! :p

buttercupmcgee
September 27th, 2011, 07:58 AM
It's pretty :) I can just imagine a massive gust of wind coming and blowing it all out if I did it though! :p

Haha, yeah. It's more of an indoor style I think.

Madora
September 27th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I just stumbled upon this video....great to keep in mind if a person is ever stuck somewhere without pins or toys of any kind (the horror!)

:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08Ikn5lcyA&feature=related

Thanks for the link. Interesting concept but I think it would work best with thinner hair.

Jing
September 27th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Heh! Neat. I wonder how long your hair needs to be to pull that off.

spidermom
September 27th, 2011, 08:36 AM
O.k., just tried that 2 minutes ago. It's already sagging to my shoulders and pulling like crazy.

Sakuracha
September 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Love the idea, going to try this out :). I'm always looking for hairdo's like this when I have nothing on hand.

Merewen
September 27th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I've tried it before and had trouble getting it to work. A knot bun, though, does the trick! But maybe I should try again.

buttercupmcgee
September 27th, 2011, 08:49 AM
O.k., just tried that 2 minutes ago. It's already sagging to my shoulders and pulling like crazy.

Rats! Oh well, maybe it holds better in BSL-ish hair? Mine is at collar-bone.

MaryRose
September 27th, 2011, 09:08 AM
My hair needs to be longer because my hair just fell out less than a second and using the pencil didn't work either.

Jezerellica
September 27th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Ok, I love this video for shorter hair! I used it for about a year for quickies(no, not those kind) while cleaning or whatever. But I would say there is a length limit. I have fine hair and still it, will not stay anymore. Sad. But enjoy everyone with a little less length! ;)

MinderMutsig
September 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Argh, I like it but I can't get it to stay!

Albiryo
September 27th, 2011, 11:17 AM
IŽll definetely give it a shot. Looks like fun. :D

BlazingHeart
September 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I remember seeing that video a few months ago. I watched what she did and went "ahaha, oh no, not with my hair. No way." The combination of thick&heavy with slick means that style wouldn't stand a chance in my hair. I'd just end up with a mess.

wooliswonderful
September 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I've tried this several times on my waist length hair and can never get it to stay up more than a few minutes. It looks great on the girl in the video though. :)

tinti
September 27th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I've tried that many times, never got it to work. But it's convenient and neat for the lucky ones who can do it :)

pepperminttea
September 27th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I've tried that many times, never got it to work. But it's convenient and neat for the lucky ones who can do it :)

Ditto. I've tried it a lot, because it'd be awesome if I could get it to work, but it always just falls out immediately into a mass of tangles. Much envy to those who can manage it!

JDzWife
September 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
This is such a simple and elegant "updo". I've been putting my hair up like this for many years. It is especially convenient when dining out. It looks nice and keeps your hair out of your food. If you're hair is really long, it could stay in place for several hours with no pins, clips, sticks, etc.

Eternal.Fiend
September 28th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I've tried this a couple of times, but I think that my hair is just too silky for it to work, most updos fall out of my hair :P

But I'm going to try it again, I think on my day 6 hair, it might stick :P

excentricat
September 28th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Thank you. I remember seeing this awhile ago but then I lost it. Mine doesn't look as nice as hers, and wouldn't stay as an all day hairstyle, but it works for those moments of "the hair must go up now."

Nicci4
September 28th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Haha! I have a pencil just like that one in my hair right now!

Sagi1982
September 30th, 2011, 12:12 PM
It works for long, thick hair, but I dislike the unusual traction. But its worth a try!