PDA

View Full Version : V05 conditioner discoloring things?

Anywhere
September 26th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Has anyone else experienced, I guess you could call it chemical reactions, between conditioner and their clothing?

I had a dark blue shirt that I used for plopping once. When I took it off and let it dry the collar and spots where it hit the conditioner soaked hair were bleached to a magenta/pink color. I figured it was because I never washed the shirt originally.

I have a light green bathrobe that I just recently got. On the collar and everywhere I can imagine my conditioner covered hands or hair touched it is bleached to a yellowy color. That had been washed before use as it was thrifted.

I have a turbie twist that I had used when I had my Triple Nutrition conditioner. I use it now with my V05 conditioner and it's splotched with light pink spots now. It was originally the light purple color.

Unless it's the water or these things aren't really colorfast, I don't see what else it could be.

I'm concerned it may be lightening my hair too, but I think that might just be from all the summer sun. Still though, if the V05 is responsible for changing the color of my fabrics then I'm scared to know what it's doing to my hair.:eek:

Crazycatlady
September 26th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I'll be watching this thread! I haven't noticed that because I only use my Vo5 in the shower, but like you said, what's it doing to our hair if it can lighten clothing.

julierockhead
September 26th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Jeez! The more I hang around TLHC the more I'm getting into natural/organic low-ingredient stuff. That's scary.

PolythenePam
September 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I use VO5 conditioner all the time and haven't noticed anything (but then again my bath towels are either white or a light golden color)--which particular conditioner are you using? VO5 has like 8 different kinds...

amantha
September 26th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Do you use any acne creams with benzoyl peroxide in them? Mine bleaches everything. Also blues are pretty unstable dyes and I've noticed they bleach really easily for some inexplicable reason (like I sweat in a light blue shirt and it slightly bleached wherever I sweat). Dunno why your green robe is bleached too though. :(

Anywhere
September 27th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I've been using the pomegranate splash one and the passion fruit smoothie one. I've been using products with BP on my face for a few years now but this is the first time I've noticed any sort of discoloration on my things. I take the robe off long before BP touches my hands, but it would explain my turbie twist.

The conditioner is really the only thing that I can think of that's changed. :shrug:

ETA: I'll try and take pictures of my discolored stuff this weekend. I kind of like the yellow color for the robe though, maybe i'll test it on there and see if it's the conditioner or not.

Kristin
September 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I doubt that it's the conditioner. I routinely soak my hair in the sink and coat it with VO5 kiwi lime; it drips all over. I've never noticed any discoloration on my clothing.

Vallena
September 27th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I think the turbie twists don't hold color particularly well. My mother and sister have a couple that are discolored and they haven't done anything out of the ordinary to them. I can't comment on the VO5 end, because it made my hair turn into a nest of tangles almost the instant it touched it. :shrug: