PDA

View Full Version : upish do's for shoulder length hair

Torsornin
September 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
decided to wear my hair up most of the time - A do that isnt a ponytail, or a messy pony tail shoved into a messy "bun"

trying to grow my hair and it just keeps getting damaged!

I have lengthened my washes to every 2-4 days
I am no poo with baking soda and vinegar rinses which my hair loves (it is actually CURLY now)
Some days I dont comb/brush it
I use a satin pillowcase
I now take prenatal vitamins (in the hope of a bump and nice hair:) ) and recently started to take primrose oil for girly issues - but I heard it can help skin and hair

my hair used to be so pretty before the ceilac disease got it :/

perhaps wearing it up again will help it... so easy pretty hair do's? I can braid - but can not french braid unless it is 2 braids lol

FrozenBritannia
September 26th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Well, my hair isn't curly (at all, not even in my dreams unfortunately) but I have the same length hair, and today I did a deep side part (stupid cowlick) and then french braided from the part down to the nape of my neck (like half a crown braid, similar to my avatar (<--- there! :D ) and then without tying off the braid grabbed the rest of the hair and twisted it into a (minuscule) french twist. (just twisting the pony tail round and round till it tucks in on itself and the pinning the ends under) In my avatar I wrapped te braid around the bottom of my head and ended it near the opposite ear, but as usual, half of it fell out by dinner time, so this is the compromise.. LOL)

It looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself..

Yozhik
September 26th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Cute braid suggestion, FrozenBrittania!

Peacock twists (when you twist your hair up, then secure it in a spray) and Gibson tucks are really pretty at shoulder length, IMO.

Twin French braids are really cute, too, or twin regular braids, as well. :)

FrozenBritannia
September 26th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Cute braid suggestion, FrozenBrittania!

Peacock twists (when you twist your hair up, then secure it in a spray) and Gibson tucks are really pretty at shoulder length, IMO.

Twin French braids are really cute, too, or twin regular braids, as well. :)

Thanks :D I would like to try the peacock twist next, but is it hard on the ends? (or are you not meant to leave them sticking out?)