PDA

View Full Version : Neck to BSL in one year???

cheetahfast
September 26th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Let me start by saying that I'm a curlie. My starting length is from when my hair was straight since I had done a Brazilian keratin treatment. My longest layer was hitting around the middle of my neck while straight. I noticed last night after brushing my hair (which I rarely do) that it now hits about 2 inches from the top of my bra strap. It was a bit wavy since yesterday morning I had lightly oiled the length before bunning it (which loosens my curls).

My one-year anniversary will be the end of January. If my hair grows 2 inches by then it will be bra strap line while straight.:cheese:
Unfortunately my curls eat up a lot of my length so I wouldn't truly be at bsl. I can't wait to see how they change as my length increases.

Is my growth faster than average? How long did it take you to get from neck to bsl?

HairFaerie
September 26th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I went from super short (about two inches all over) to just below BSL in three years with trims/small cuts in between. (The pic is in my album.)

So, for me, neck to BSL is quite realistic in one year if I don't get any major cuts and stick to tiny trims.

That is pretty fast growth though, a lot of people aren't that lucky. Enjoy! :)

celebriangel
September 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
hmmm...I think that's what I did, actually. I arrived at uni with flip length hair, then when I started the next year it was...I think between APL and BSL, closer to BSL. But my curls eat length, and I was blowfrying and straightening all the time! Eeeek.

I seem to have hit the dreaded BSL stall. Here's hoping it'll be over soon...

racrane
September 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM
That's my growth pattern, too. Kind of fast, but very nice. :) I'm guessing I'll reach near BSL on my one year anniversary. I joined here with flip level hair.

MaryRose
September 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM
My hair was above shoulder length in August 2010. With all the trims to even out my hair, I managed to make it 2 inches above BSL. Without the trims, I would be past BSL by 1 inch before Aug 2011. I look back and wish that I didn't trim my hair as often as I did. Oh well, hindsight 20/20.

pixiedust
September 26th, 2011, 11:55 PM
That sounds about right - with careful handling and plenty of tlc, of course. ;) mines ALMOST shoulder length (sooo close!) And I'm hoping I can be in the APL-BSL category by the time I reach my 2 year anniversary at LHC (late february, 2013)

gthlvrmx
September 27th, 2011, 12:32 AM
thats good! :) Actually, that seems around right for me too (with proper care).
You'll be at your goal in no time!

cheetahfast
September 27th, 2011, 06:04 AM
It sounds like you guys have some pretty quick growth too :)

I read through some old threads before posting this and in one of them it seemed that the average was 7 months to a year to go from APL to BSL. Though, now that I think about it most people are probably trimming. Right now I'm babying my hair and keep it up daily, so unless I get splits or dead ends I won't be trimming for a while. My curls make having a blunt hemline nearly impossible anyways :rolleyes:.

Right now, I'm ecstatic that my growth is faster than I expected :happydance:

CarpeDM
September 27th, 2011, 06:08 AM
That seems like crazy fast hair growth to me. I started out with below shoulder this January and I don't think I will make it to BSL by the end of this year, but I have normal 1/2 inch growth every month...

MaryRose
September 27th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I guess it also depends on your height. I am 5' 0" tall. My SL is 16 1/4 inches, APL is 19 inches, BSL is 22 inches, and waist is 27 inches. Average growth of hair is 1/2 inch per month for most people. I could calculate that a person with these measurements could reach their given goal in a certain amount of time. My average is 3/4 inch per month. I went from 16 1/4 inches to 21 inches in 12 months with four 1 inch trims. That would be a 9 inch growth in 12 months. I will reach my goal length of waist April 2012, if I can refrain from trims. I love math so this was fun to figure out:P

CarpeDM
September 27th, 2011, 07:38 AM
OMG I feel like I am at a disadvantage now! I am 5' 7" and APL was about 22 inches on me, ugh, I have so much more growing to do and it feels like it takes FOREVER!!

annieangel149
September 27th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I guess it also depends on your height. I am 5'1" tall. My SL is 15 inches, APL is 18.5 inches, BSL is 22 inches, and waist is 27 inches. Average growth of hair is 1/2 inch per month for most people. I could calculate that a person with these measurements could reach their given goal in a certain amount of time. My average is 3/4 inch per month. I went from 15 inches to 21 inches is 12 months with three 1 inch trims. That would be a 9 inch growth in 12 months. I will reach my goal length of waist July 2012 and be around 30+ inches in Nov 2012, if I can refrain from trims. I love math so this was fun to figure out:P

yes! your height makes a big difference in how quick you reach your hair goals! My hair is growing really well at the moment but Im 5 ft 7.5 inches with a longish upper body :(
oh boy! Its going to take forever for me :o

MaryRose
September 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
So you will always have longer hair then me at our same points :P. No fair! LOL

cheetahfast
September 27th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I guess it also depends on your height. I am 5' 0" tall. My SL is 16 1/4 inches, APL is 19 inches, BSL is 22 inches, and waist is 27 inches. Average growth of hair is 1/2 inch per month for most people. I could calculate that a person with these measurements could reach their given goal in a certain amount of time. My average is 3/4 inch per month. I went from 16 1/4 inches to 21 inches in 12 months with four 1 inch trims. That would be a 9 inch growth in 12 months. I will reach my goal length of waist April 2012, if I can refrain from trims. I love math so this was fun to figure out:P

Ah, that explains it! I'm just under 5'2" and my legs are very long for someone of my height. I guess having a shorter torso and body is working to my advantage for once.

sarahramen
September 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure, thats what I did plus i cut off 3ish inches of layers. It seems pretty average to me...but some people dont get that much so I am going to go with slightly faster than average. Congrats on your growth:)

jojo
September 29th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I have a long neck I grew from cropped at the back to nearly shoulder in a year and it took me 5 years from cropped to nearly hip