PDA

View Full Version : Favorite avocado mix?

Aimskylove
September 26th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hey everyone! A really nice customer of mine came by my job and gave me a bag of avocados. What popped up in my mind? Yay my hair! Lol what is the best avocado mix? :)

Anje
September 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Guacamole (I'm told you can freeze it, by the way). Or maybe slices on toast with a bit of salt and lime.

Or was this only for hair? :D

Aimskylove
September 26th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hahah that sounds yummy but yes I meant avocado hair recipes :)

CurlyMopTop
September 26th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Chocholate advocado milkshake! They're too expensive here for me to put in my hair. :(

xovictoryxo
September 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Hey check out this thread
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65307
here is what i posted there

I mixed one mashed avocado, a tsb honey, tsb coconut oil, and prob 1/4 cup olive oil in the blender,

put my hair in a high pony tail. Saturated the length then applied thin covering the rest of the hair. I left on for 2 hours. Was so soft and creamy putting it on.

As I am washing it out I discovered tangles. So I shampooed roots area and conditioned length area (garnier fructis) . When I got out I braided my hair in pigtails and slept on it about 5 hours.

This morning my hair I undid the braids and my hair is super soft and smells yummy, however, it still looks damp so I will report back once dry... if it doesnt dry then I will think this mask is too oily for my hair type.

Forgot to add: I also put this on my face for a mask and left for an hour, suprisingly all my small blemishes have VANISHED! For a face mask it is amazing

Turned out very greasy afterwards- Need to ensure you really wash it out afterwards, after the shampoo it was REALLY soft and shiny. :)

Mrspuddinhead
September 26th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Hey check out this thread
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65307
here is what i posted there

Turned out very greasy afterwards- Need to ensure you really wash it out afterwards, after the shampoo it was REALLY soft and shiny. :)

Sounds like my mayonnaise treatments. It was so greasy I had to wash twice but my hair was so soft and shiny. The website I got the information from suggested I comb the mayonnaise through. That wasn't at all possible. I want to try avocados but they are quite expensive so I shall have to still with my mayonnaise and egg treatments.

teal
September 26th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I've heard avocado and coconut milk works great, but I haven't tried it myself.... yet! :D

Aimskylove
September 30th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Thank you! :) Im currently sitting with the avocado and evoo in my hair. I will be back to update on my results :)

PixxieStix
September 30th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I do one ripe avocado, coconut milk, and a good long squirt of honey, blend it all up (blending is better than mashing by hand, less chunks!), let sit for a few hours and after you shampoo.... oh the soft shininess is nearly unbearable! My hair love love loves it!