PDA

View Full Version : Indian women caring for their long hair

Sossity
September 26th, 2011, 03:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-fFedyI3A&feature=related

I just looked at some of these women from India with their long beautiful hair, showing how they wash & oil their hair. Their hair is amazing, check out some of these videos.

infinity_girl
September 26th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Indian women and Oriental women always have the best quality hair. I wonder if it is possible for Causcasian women to achieve such hair or whether Indian/Oriental hair is genetically so soft and smoothe? Do Indian women use ingredients which make their hair so perfect and if so, what are they? I am always so jealous of my Indian friend's hair. Whatever she does with it, it has amazing texture and looks so shiny. Not fair :taz:!

isabelx
September 26th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I don't think I've ever seen or met an Indian girl with hair that isn't beautifully long, soft and shiny! I too am jealous!

ericthegreat
September 26th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Indian women and Oriental women always have the best quality hair.

I understand that you only meant to compliment women who are of Asian decent, but especially on this particular forum please do not make statements such as "this particular ethnicity has the "best quality hair". Everyone of all different races and heritages all around the world have beautiful hair. All the different hair types are beautiful, no one group of people or even no one person has "the best kind" of hair that is superior to any else's hair.

Diamondbell
September 26th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I understand that you only meant to compliment women who are of Asian decent, but especially on this particular forum please do not make statements such as "this particular ethnicity has the "best quality hair". Everyone of all different races and heritages all around the world have beautiful hair. All the different hair types are beautiful, no one group of people or even no one person has "the best kind" of hair that is superior to any else's hair.

Agree with you ericthegreat! :) I too believe people of every race have beautiful hair. :thumbsup: No one has better hair than the other! :D

SheeJee
September 26th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Funny you mention this, I am an Indian girl and I tihnk I have terrible hair - very thinning, fine and breaks often :( Yes I have been heat styling etc for a while so it's probably damaged but I still was not genetically blessed in the hair department at all!

Having said that, 90% of my Indian friends have lovely hair - I think it more comes down to genetics in general than race to be honest, I know people of all races with beautiful hair, albeit I always find other people's hair more beautiful than my own :P

Othala
September 26th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I am "Indian" and I think the most beautiful hair type is the kind my Ethiopian and Somalian friends have.

I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder and every hair type will have its fans.

No hair type is the best or the worst and, for the record, I have seen plenty of Indians with bad hair that is damaged, coloured, permed and split.

Madora
September 26th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the link, Sossity. Her hair is long but I don't like the way she yanks that comb through it!

MaryRose
September 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I enjoyed the video. I have to agree that they do have the most beautiful hair. Just my oppinion.

swearnsue
September 26th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I'm part Native American and we'll see if those genes help me in my quest!

Sossity
September 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Indian women and Oriental women always have the best quality hair. I wonder if it is possible for Causcasian women to achieve such hair or whether Indian/Oriental hair is genetically so soft and smoothe? Do Indian women use ingredients which make their hair so perfect and if so, what are they? I am always so jealous of my Indian friend's hair. Whatever she does with it, it has amazing texture and looks so shiny. Not fair :taz:!

It says in one of the videos that they use coconut oil, among those videos it shows a woman, oiling her hair, it looks to be time consuming, they do put time & effort into their hair. You can tell the time they do it, by length of the video clips, & add up all that time. They repeatedly run their hands through when oiling. And after they oil it, another video shows them shampooing, which looks like a major operation, with buckets of soapy water in a bathroom, and the women helping one another with it.

Orangerthanred
September 26th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Indian women and Oriental women always have the best quality hair. I wonder if it is possible for Causcasian women to achieve such hair or whether Indian/Oriental hair is genetically so soft and smoothe?

I beg to differ. I think all hair is beautiful. :)

And by the way, according to definition, Indians are Caucasian. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

longhairedlady
September 26th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Maybe I am the only one but I just cringed watching this. She was way too rough with her hair in my opinion!

AnnaJamila
September 26th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Soooo lovely! I wish I could get that kind of shine! Though I want waves . . .

Huh? Oh, sorry, I was imagining myself as a 2 . . . :crush:

rowie
September 26th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Please refrain from using the term "oriental." This is an outdated term that has a rich negative racial implication( a good book is Edward Said's Orientalism), unless you mean an oriental rug.

Madora
September 26th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Maybe I am the only one but I just cringed watching this. She was way too rough with her hair in my opinion!

You said it! The way she was combing was harsh and not gentle at all.