PDA

View Full Version : Fancy updo needed for layered hair - help!

racrane
September 25th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I hate posting a new thread when I posted a new thread last week, but I do need help here and it's simply easier to post a new thread.

I need a hairstyle for theater and it must be a fancy updo. I'm playing Cinderella in "Into the Woods" for my college. When I'm playing her as a peasant, I have a kerchief wrapped around my hair with fake hair attached to it so it looks like messy hair sticking out. I need the updo to fit neatly underneath the kerchief. So no fancy hairsticks or that sort. I switch between peasant and fancy ball gown/updo several times throughout the show.

I want to do it myself because if someone does it for me, I'm pretty sure they'll use heat and teasing. I don't want that! If I can do it myself, my hair will be much happier. I am okay using clear elastics and bobby pins and maybe a jewel or two. But nothing big or clunky.

My hair is slightly below APL and heavily layered. Shortest level is at chin (my bangs). I thought of a french twist, but can't do it well. I have clumsy fingers. If anyone can suggest a style, I can start practicing for the performances.

Again, I really want to do my own hair so for this show, I can control the amount of damage my hair goes through. As an actor, I expect more stress on my hair than the average person, but it's easier to do my own hair than someone put rollers in, and tease into place.

Thanks everyone so much!

julierockhead
September 25th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Maybe a Gibson? I really think a french twist would be more appropriate for Cinderella though. Practice practice practice!:p

racrane
September 25th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks. I am so clumsy with the french twist! I'll keep trying!

mora
September 25th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Even though I don't have a Ficcare, watching their French twist (http://www.ficcare.com/videos.aspx) video helped me make mine a little better although I still wouldn't say I'm good at it.