PDA

View Full Version : One year at LHC

Kosmos
September 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM
So it's been a year since I've decided to start growing my hair and stop torturing it with dye and flat irons.

Here's my starting point in September 2010. The mohawk.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1880/hairsept2010.jpg

And here I am September 2011.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8720/hairsept.jpg

I trimmed about 3 inches this year just to keep up on split and dry ends and once I get a bit longer I'm going to cut off the bleached ends for good and even up some of the terrible layers that the mohawk gave me. ANYWAY, I've learned so much since I've been here and I enjoy perusing the forums every day. Thank you all! :cheese:

jaine
September 25th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Very nice!! That's really fast growth especially considering you trimmed 3 inches. And your hair looks very healthy. Are you on the Shoulder to APL thread too?

eshta
September 25th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Wow that's a lot of growth! Looks great, nice texture and I like how it flips up at the bottom.

vanity_acefake
September 25th, 2011, 12:21 PM
That is some wonderful growth. Your hair looks so healthy too.

Kosmos
September 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Very nice!! That's really fast growth especially considering you trimmed 3 inches. And your hair looks very healthy. Are you on the Shoulder to APL thread too?
No I'm not on the thread because I wasn't quite sure I qualified for shoulder. Because of the mohawk the topmost layer of my hair is around chin length. (Is that a silly reason?)

That is some wonderful growth. Your hair looks so healthy too.
Thank you! It was in terrible shape before I joined LHC. I dyed it every 4 weeks (bleached the front) and flat ironed daily. When I decided to be nice to it I cut it all into a mohawk for a 'clean start.'

Wow that's a lot of growth! Looks great, nice texture and I like how it flips up at the bottom.

Thank you so much! I am always driven a bit nuts by the way it decides to chance its texture daily. I used to think I was curly, too but now that I'm being nice to it I think it was just damage making wavy hair curly.

Columbia River
September 25th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I so needed this thread! Im growing out a Pixie and I'm stuck in mini mullet hell now. It was encouraging to see what a year can do.

Mairéad
September 25th, 2011, 01:40 PM
It's also very nice to see this thread. My hair has a high growth rate and I'll feel very comfy in my hair once it gets to about this length. If I can get there in a year, fantisimo!

I don't feel bad about my hair, per say, but I feel once it gets to this length it will be a bit more easy sailing. I thought I had my crazy pixie mullet cut off but it seems like it has already come back!

Great growth. Keep it up!

julierockhead
September 25th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Gorgeous, healthy hair! Yay for you!

NightOwl26
September 25th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Wow great growth! Love before and after pics! It looks like we have the same hair type. My avatar pic is unbrushed morning hair though!

Airmide
September 25th, 2011, 01:59 PM
That's some incredible growth! It's looking great! I think long is a nice style on you.

Red Rapunzel
September 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM
You looked pretty good in a mohawk! That means you'll look great with your hair up! Lucky you! I'm envious!

oktobergoud
September 25th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Woah your hair grows fast! Total hair envy here :D

doodlebug66
September 25th, 2011, 02:22 PM
WOW your hair grew really fast. I hope mine is that long in a years time. It looks so healthy. Keep up the good work on healthy hair and letting it grow to your desired length.

Rocket22
September 25th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Fantastic growth! Amazing what one year can do! Happy anniversary.

McFearless
September 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Thats a lot of freaking growth, congrats! How long are the shaved bits now?

greentealeaf
September 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Awesome, all that growth in one year! :D

archel
September 25th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Wow wow wow does your hair grow fast! You look great either way but with hair so healthy and such a great color, I don't blame you for growing it out. :)

Lisa R
September 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM
That is fantastic growth. I love how your hair lays with the layers. It's looking nice and thick. You definitely qualify for the shoulder to armpit thread!

Lostsoule77
September 25th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Your hair looks so pretty and healthy! Plus I can't believe how much it's grown in one year! Congratulations! I think you qualify for the shoulder to armpit thread since your longest hair is past shoulder. :)

Kosmos
September 25th, 2011, 07:57 PM
OKAY. *takes a deep breath*

I so needed this thread! Im growing out a Pixie and I'm stuck in mini mullet hell now. It was encouraging to see what a year can do.

I'm glad I could provide some inspiration. I decided to just not cut through the mullet phase and put up with four months of looking ridiculous. It paid off in the end. :)

It's also very nice to see this thread. My hair has a high growth rate and I'll feel very comfy in my hair once it gets to about this length. If I can get there in a year, fantisimo!

I don't feel bad about my hair, per say, but I feel once it gets to this length it will be a bit more easy sailing. I thought I had my crazy pixie mullet cut off but it seems like it has already come back!

Great growth. Keep it up!

Thank you so much! Yeah the mullet phase is terrible but I knuckled down through it. I figured it wouldn't be bad since I had intentionally had a Ziggy Stardust mullet for years---but it looked strange. I'm glad I didn't cut though because now I have some length to work with.

Gorgeous, healthy hair! Yay for you!

Thank you!

Wow great growth! Love before and after pics! It looks like we have the same hair type. My avatar pic is unbrushed morning hair though!

Yeah! I thought I was curlier but I think that was mostly dye damage. I'm not exactly sure what my type is but I'll probably ask the forum once I get more length going on. Maybe next year. :)

That's some incredible growth! It's looking great! I think long is a nice style on you.

Thank you so much! I've been short for so long I forgot how much fun long hair was. (I also forgot about how HOT it is, especially in the 100 degree weather. I can't wait to be able to put it up properly.)

You looked pretty good in a mohawk! That means you'll look great with your hair up! Lucky you! I'm envious!

Thank you! You're going to make me blush!

Woah your hair grows fast! Total hair envy here :D

It grows fast /everywhere/. I get 5 o'clock shadow on my legs by 2 pm it seems. Hahhaa!

WOW your hair grew really fast. I hope mine is that long in a years time. It looks so healthy. Keep up the good work on healthy hair and letting it grow to your desired length.

Still trying to figure it out but I'm thinking I might try to go to hip. I haven't been there since I was in grammar school!

Fantastic growth! Amazing what one year can do! Happy anniversary.

Thank you!

Thats a lot of freaking growth, congrats! How long are the shaved bits now?

The shaved bits are only about an inch or two shorter than the rest of the hair (thanks to the trims), but the sideburn pieces are even shorter. I got to a point where I looked REALLY SILLY with long sideburns and short top pieces so I just clipped them back an extra inch.

Awesome, all that growth in one year! :D

I know! I must be a werewolf!

Wow wow wow does your hair grow fast! You look great either way but with hair so healthy and such a great color, I don't blame you for growing it out. :)

Oh thanks! I really have a love-hate relationship with my colour, but I'm also partially colourblind so that might explain that.

That is fantastic growth. I love how your hair lays with the layers. It's looking nice and thick. You definitely qualify for the shoulder to armpit thread!

I will definitely have to look into it then! I'm still terrible at trying to follow threads (even after a year of semi-lurkage).

Your hair looks so pretty and healthy! Plus I can't believe how much it's grown in one year! Congratulations! I think you qualify for the shoulder to armpit thread since your longest hair is past shoulder. :)

Excellent! And thank you so much for the comment!

cindy58
September 25th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Great progress and growth!

MrsGuther
September 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM
WOW!!! Very nice amount of growth!

owlathena
September 25th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Amazing growth! Congrats!!

freckles
September 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM
congratulations on your anniversary, you have beautiful hair :)

Kosmos
September 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Thank you all! I grow fast in the summer, apparently. :)

AJoifulNoise
September 26th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Nice growin'! You have lovely hair. :flower:

SusanSt
September 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM
What a nice amount of growth in a year!

Aqua Gal
September 26th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Wow! You are a fast grower. I'm pouting now.

Seriously, it looks great. :)

mom2fourgirls
September 26th, 2011, 07:24 PM
good growth :) looks great :)

HereIGrowAgain
September 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Congrats! It looks so pretty! :D