PDA

View Full Version : Hairdress for a wedding

Nago
September 25th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Hello longhairs!
I need your help.
My cousin is going to get married in 3 weeks and I have no idea about what to do with my hair. I don't want to go to the hairdresser because I always get angry with her, and I want to be perfect that day. :eyebrows:

My hair is BS, medium brown with lighter ends, and straight usually (sometimes it's wavy). I have asimetric bangs.

I want to do a side ponytail but with a braid, or something to looks like a more complicated hairdo. I have a black flower to put in it. I normally wear the hair down, so I want to do something different.

Could you give me advices and how to make them easily, please?

Thanks!

Nastasia
September 25th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Do a side braid and coil it up into a bun? If you know how to french braid, you could do a diagonal one across your head, say from right temple to behind your left ear, and then make a bun.

Nago
September 25th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Thank you, Nastasia. I have tried doing a diagonal braid but it is a dissaster... Do you know an easy way of making it?

Madora
September 25th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Here is a video on how to create a lace French braid around your head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Nago
September 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks, Madora, I will try... I have 3 weeks for practice!!!

Fortresca
September 25th, 2011, 02:45 PM
How avout a Half Up Rosebun with accent braids? You can show off the length of your hair and have a pretty bun to protect most of it - and the accent braids just for the fun and to make it look more complicated ;)

trillian
September 25th, 2011, 02:53 PM
What about a side herringbone braid?

theflummox
September 25th, 2011, 03:05 PM
How about a heidi crown with ribbons to match your dress braided in and the flower at the side? Depending on how fancy the flower is, this could be really pretty!

Or you could do a gibson tuck and decorate it with the flower.

Nago
September 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Oh! thank you so much!
You have goven me a lot of good ideas. I will try them and lets see which one suits me more ;)

uptosomeone
September 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I don't have any suggestions, but I'd love to see the results after... :eyebrows:

Nago
September 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I have decided to do a side braid, but I don't know which one, german or french. I think french looks more elegant (I have made them quickly).

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7113/csc1551.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8505/csc1552.jpg

Nago
September 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
your opinion, please??
U, up, up! :)

Vallena
September 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I would say french side braid, but I have to admit, french is one of my favorite type of braids in general.

Nago
September 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your opinion. I also like french more, but german is more "consistent" and it should stay there the whole day. I think I will use hairspray that day!!

Melanie Marie
September 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I generally prefer Dutch, but I really like the way the French braid looks on you. :)

Nicci4
September 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I like the second one because I think the flower does not overpower the braid.

Fortresca
September 27th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I think the french one is more... even. Maybe it's just kind of practive needed, but that's why I yould prefer it only chosing from those pictures.

AnqeIicDemise
September 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Both are absolutely beautiful. I have a tendency to Dutch braid myself because it is easier to keep the tension and not end up with loosey gooseys around.

Lets see..

The French looks softer, and a tiny bit more grown up. The Dutch adds a bit of whimsy and youthfulness. The French looks suitable for the ceremony... the Dutch for the party.

Oh geeze.. choices!

Allow me to distract you with my indecisiveness by admiring the thickness, shine and health of your hair! -runs off-

Nago
September 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
"The French looks softer, and a tiny bit more grown up. The Dutch adds a bit of whimsy and youthfulness. The French looks suitable for the ceremony... the Dutch for the party."

Totally agree with this. I will make the french, and if during the day it needs to be redone, I will choose the dutch for the party, as you said. But maybe the best it to keep the updo as in the morning, because after drinking a bit... hehe.