PDA

View Full Version : Ok. Dabur Vatika/castor oil?

WillowHair87
September 25th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I went to the indian market and bought the dabur vatika coconut oil(the one without mineral oil) and on a whim, bought castor oil.

Now I plan to use the coconut oil as a prewash treatement.

but how does one use the castor oil? lol. I'm guessing they can't be used together unless I fancy being a greasy burger. haha.

Hairitic
September 25th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Some of us are using castor oil mixed with a carrier oil to do scalp massages. Castor Oil is rumored to produce faster hair growth. This is often done several hours/night before a wash. Can't see why you couldn't use the Vatika to mix with the Castor Oil as long as it will give a good consistency for scalp massage. Some are also using Castor Oil mixed with a Carrier Oil such as Sunflower Oil as an Oil Cleansing Method for the face which is then steamed with a very hot/wet wash cloth. I for one, have definately seen some thickening and lengthening of eyebrow and eyelash hair using straight Castor Oil. Have fun and good luck ;-)

vatikagirl
September 27th, 2011, 03:23 PM
hi, my mom used to apply warm castor oil all over my scalp when i was a kid.... i used to have TB length hair then.... now its more 30 inch... she never used to mix it with any other oil other than coconut oil... being indian she had this knowledge pouring down generations... she still aways reminds me to apply castor oil + coconut oil (1:1 ratio) all thru my scalp and hair length.... she herself applies it on my head whenever i visit her...
so dont be afraid play up with ur castor oil... u can mix it with dabur vatika oil too... castor has cooling effect on ur scalp....
by the way she too has 32 inch long thick salt pepper hair.... which she colors...

Kiwiwi
September 27th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I use castor oil pure on my scalp, without something else.
Very sticky but I like just sitting there applying it, massaging my scalp (It takes about an hour. Sectioning my hair, etc). It's relaxing.
I prefer to apply it in the morning, put my hair up and leave it the whole day and then wash it out before I go to bed (atLEAST a couple of hours if I can't do it the whole day). I don't like to sleep with stuff in my hair.
I do this for faster hair growth and it works for me :)