PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Hair falling out after black dye!

Jammy
September 24th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I hendigo'd my hair a while ago but it didn't stick to my roots and forgetting what I knew about PPD i bought some cheap black dye to finish the job and applied it directly to my scalp.

Ever since then my hair has been falling out in CLUMPS. I have always had thick hair and now i have a visibly larger part/bald spot. My pony circumference is way down.

How long will this go on and is there anything I can do? I eat well and excersize and the black dye is the only thing that has changed.

LuciousLox
September 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Was the black hair dye permanent?

Jammy
September 24th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Nope, it lasted 28 washes or something. It was really poor quality and cheap though, nothing gentle about it, it burned my scalp

UltraBella
September 24th, 2011, 10:01 PM
When did you apply it and when did the shedding start ?
What exactly did you use ?

Kaelee
September 24th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I think you need to see a doctor ASAP.

LuciousLox
September 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I was just wondering, because my hair is very damaged after using a permanent black hair dye. But after comparing our situations... My damage is on the hair shaft itself, (not the scalp.) Also, my damage is causing breakage and not bald spots.

Here is an article I found that sounds similar to what you are describing...

"Toxic Hair Loss from Hair Dye."
http://sacreeta.searchwarp.com/swa302946.htm

It sounds to me like you possibly had a chemical burn on your scalp from the hair dye :( If that is the case, you might want to see a doctor. If it is a chemical burn, the Dr might have some cream he can give you to help it heal faster.

tiny_teesha
September 24th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I'm going to say, yeah see a doc!
It sounds like either PPD reaction or allergic reaction or a chemical burn!
After the doctor you may want to use Neelibringadi oil to help maintain the hair you have left, but oil on a burn isn't good i think, see a doc!