PDA

View Full Version : Protein/Moisture Treatment

GabrielleRose
September 24th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hello all!

I just got home from Sally's Beauty Supply and picked up 2 sample packages from Ion. One is called "Repair Solutions" and the other "Moisture Solutions".

I'm thinking of trying out the repair one since it has proteins in it, but I'm wondering should I follow it up the moisture one right after?

Any advice would be great since I've never tried a protein treatment before. ;)

Also, should I use a clarifying shampoo before the treatment?

jojo
September 24th, 2011, 04:47 PM
id definitely do a moisturizing treatment after, protein treatments can dry hair out.

GabrielleRose
September 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
id definitely do a moisturizing treatment after, protein treatments can dry hair out.

Thank you so much! Should I wear the protein treatment longer than the moisture or vice verse?

Audrey Horne
September 24th, 2011, 05:20 PM
It depends on your hair and what it needs. I could do two protein bombs treatments atm and it wouldn't dry my hair out at this point. Too much moisture isn't good either.
There are some tests you can do to find out what is it that your hair (likely) craves. I think it is in Articles section. If I'm not mistaken then it goes like this: the individual hair is too stretchy = lack of proteins, hair snaps easily =lack of moisture.
If you end up going for proteins: oiling or conditioning your ends alone could help.

GabrielleRose
September 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM
It depends on your hair and what it needs. I could do two protein bombs treatments atm and it wouldn't dry my hair out at this point. Too much moisture isn't good either.
There are some tests you can do to find out what is it that your hair (likely) craves. I think it is in Articles section. If I'm not mistaken then it goes like this: the individual hair is too stretchy = lack of proteins, hair snaps easily =lack of moisture.
If you end up going for proteins: oiling or conditioning your ends alone could help.

Thank you so much! I ended up doing a protein treatment followed by a moisture treatment as well, because as soon as I rinsed the protein treatment I could feel my hair feeling dry and getting ready to tangle horribly. :( But all is well now, hooray! :D

Audrey Horne
September 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you so much! I ended up doing a protein treatment followed by a moisture treatment as well, because as soon as I rinsed the protein treatment I could feel my hair feeling dry and getting ready to tangle horribly. :( But all is well now, hooray! :D

I'm glad it worked just fine! :)

mom2fourgirls
September 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM
sallys pretty addictive :) love moisture treatments!!

GabrielleRose
September 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I'm glad it worked just fine! :)

Thank you!

sallys pretty addictive :) love moisture treatments!!

Sally's is pretty addictive! I really LOVE going there, but the one right by my house has some really RUDE employees there so I much rather go to another location.

cmg
September 26th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Arrrghh :eyebrows: You made me go rip lots of hairs for testing :D
(No problem, I may still have some 124,562 of them on my head)
*Going back to being nice to my hairs*

Audrey Horne
September 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Arrrghh :eyebrows: You made me go rip lots of hairs for testing :D
(No problem, I may still have some 124,562 of them on my head)
*Going back to being nice to my hairs*
Hahaha take a shed one :D and be nice to your head lol
I've read that stuff somewhere along with a porosity test. I bet I looked ridiculous doing this haha