PDA

View Full Version : LHC hair = the hair I had pre LHC after hours of torturing it

buttercupmcgee
September 24th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Before I found TLHC I was an avid dyer/fryer, and I used to wear ponytails all the time. My pony always fell a little flat and looked drab, much to my dismay. It didn't have the cute, bouncy shape I like. So of course I'd try to get there via the blowfryer and a curling iron.

Since joining LHC I've stopped the dying and frying, and wear protective up-dos most days.

Last night I wore a ponytail for the first time in probably 6 months and wow....I really saw just how much happier my hair is now. So bouncy, shiny and soft.

I simply flipped my head upside-down, pulled my hair back and tied it, and was rewarded with something like this:

http://www.realbeauty.com/cm/realbeauty/images/4s/rby-hair-goldenglobes-olivia-de.jpg

It looked like I'd spent ages creating waves and fullness and shine with tools and products. It was the exact look I'd been trying to replicate artificially, pre-LHC.

This website is a godsend, I can't believe my hair just "behaves" without styling now.

Has anyone else had a realization like this?

racrane
September 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
My hair is like this too. It looks much prettier in styles now. It makes me happy. :)

Olivia23
September 24th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I know what you mean. Hair companies try to convince us that we need shine serum sprays for shiny hair and hair mask deep conditioner for soft healthy hair(coconut oil, jojoba oil, etc. are better for your hair), and all these products are full of cones and chemicals and end up making it worse.

I know because I used all of them and while it helped for a little while, my hair ended up crunchy, dry, and dull. Until now that is. Now my hair is shiny and has bounce to it. Of course the longer it gets the less bouncy it is, but I love my hair now finally.

hototogisu
September 24th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I think it's like skin care. The more time you spend on hair care, rather than styling, the less time you'll *need* to spend styling. I've had many similar experiences. A hairpin is my curling iron now!

Foxy_Booker
September 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Thats awesome! I totally know what you mean too. Before I would never dream of wearing my hair down if I hadn't blow dried it into a style but now my hair behaves so much better. Especially my bangs needed styling because they were crazy before and now they style themselves! I think a lot can be attributed to henna use though, I find it gives my hair a completely different and better texture.

buttercupmcgee
September 25th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one! It's wonderful, isn't it? Hototogisu, it's so true....the more I pay attention to my skin care routine (including sleep, food and water, which I find impacts my hair as well) the less makeup I need.

"A pin is my curling iron" indeed!

hs_atreides
September 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I think it's like skin care. The more time you spend on hair care, rather than styling, the less time you'll *need* to spend styling. I've had many similar experiences. A hairpin is my curling iron now!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! It's wonderful, isn't it? Hototogisu, it's so true....the more I pay attention to my skin care routine (including sleep, food and water, which I find impacts my hair as well) the less makeup I need.

"A pin is my curling iron" indeed!

I completely agree! I bought Paula Begoun's book about cosmetics and read her haircare book as well. Of course, joining LHC has provided SO much insight for haircare too! My routine for both hair and skincare is simpler, healthier and I have less beauty product clutter. Cost-wise I am prolly about the same as I spend more on some items but don't spend on stuff that just doesn't do anything for you.