PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to rinse too well with CO?

dRummie
September 24th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I searched, but couldn't find a similar thread. Is it possible to rinse out too much conditioner with the CO method? Phrased differently: is it ever advisable to rinse less?

CO has been working great for me, it gets my hair very clean, but somehow it feels less "alive" than the few times I used low-poo. It feels a bit drier and tanglier.. It also feels softer and shinier, though. So it's not a simple decision to just switch back to low-poo.

Needless to say, after all those warnings to rinse well, and having fine hair, I rinse extremely thoroughly after CO. Much more thoroughly than I did after CWC with the low-poo. Could this be the problem? It feels like it is, like my hair is just too clean, not like it's reacting badly to the conditioner or anything. But this goes against intuition, how can clean be bad :p

Any ideas? I use leave-in conditioner with both methods. I'm going to try rinsing less, just to see what will happen, but I figured I'd post and ask if anyone's experienced anything similar.

McFearless
September 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM
You know, honestly sometimes I think the conditioner strips too many oils from my hair. Its much softer than when I used shampoo but it is also tanglier with more fly aways. I'm trying to apply less oils to my scalp so that I can WO some days of the week. I wonder if that will correct my problem. Maybe you could massage the conditioner for a shorter time or use less product?

dRummie
September 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks! I'm glad to hear I'm not crazy :P I've been leaving it on no more than about 10 minutes, but I will try massaging and rinsing right away.

I should say, that this is the same conditioner I use for the first C in CWC (TreSemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture), and as part of CWC I've left it on for as long as 20 minutes. Only it wasn't on my scalp, and then the low-poo helped rinse it off quickly.