PDA

View Full Version : In Praise of Supercuts ^_^

Cassie 123
September 23rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
It was time for a trim today, and a big one at that - I had about 4" of chemically straightened ends on my wavy-wurly hair and I wanted it off. So off I went to Supercuts! My hairdresser had beautiful mid-back length hair and a gentle Eastern European accent. I explained what I wanted, and she prepped my hair by spraying with water and combing gently. She snipped about 3 1/2 inches off of a little bit of hair in back and then showed me the trimmed hair in her palm. I agreed to the length, and then she did exactly what we agreed on, no more and no less, a perfect blunt cut. $16.50 at the register and a $5 tip for her, and off I went, a satisfied customer. Isn't it great when you get just what you asked for? ^_^

Cirafly24
September 23rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Yay! It's great to hear a positive salon story :D. I'm glad you're happy with it! We'd love to see pictures of your trim :)

celebriangel
September 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Yay!

I'm nervous about supercuts, because I got a cut I didn't want once. However, I should definitely have been firmer, so I would try them again, except my lovely mum shares my frustration with some hairdressers not doing what you want, so she has agreed to trim my ends :)

I definitely feel that choosing a hairdresser with long hair is the way forward!

SarahKayfa
September 23rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
When I just don't feel like doing it myself, I go to Supercuts. I have never had a bad experience. They always do exactly what I ask, and never try to push extra services on me. I've never had a negative remark about the condition of my hair or the styles I wear it in. I always leave feeling positive and never pay too much.

jojo
September 23rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
its great when you get what you asked for, not all hairdressers are scissor demons!

archel
September 23rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Dang, my $45 Aveda cut sounds crazy after hearing this! Well, at least the bang trims are free...

Anyway, YAY for a good hair cut story and YAY for the price! That's awesome!

UltraBella
September 23rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
That's great ! I stay FAR FAR FAR away from Supercuts because last time my husband got his hair cut there it was a disaster. And right before our family pictures ! I figure if they can't handle his hair, they shouldn't be cutting anyone's. I know I can't judge all Supercuts on one huge disaster though, that's not fair. I am glad you had a good experience.

Jenn of Pence
September 23rd, 2011, 11:39 PM
At a place like Supercuts, I'm sure it's easy to get a wide varieties of talents and personalities when you just walk in. I've had mixed experiences at places like this. Of course, in most cases, being absolutely clear in communicating your desires will go a long way to a better cut. Doesn't always work that way, though; I'm glad it did for you, Cassie!

xoxophelia
September 23rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
I usually only go to places like that and also NEVER had any issues. That being said, I either got straight across or slightly angled up in the front. So it was always simple.

Cassie 123
September 23rd, 2011, 11:54 PM
At a place like Supercuts, I'm sure it's easy to get a wide varieties of talents and personalities when you just walk in. I've had mixed experiences at places like this. Of course, in most cases, being absolutely clear in communicating your desires will go a long way to a better cut. Doesn't always work that way, though; I'm glad it did for you, Cassie!

This about sums it up; there is a certain amount of luck involved. I honestly would not go there for a complicated cut. But for a simple trim (the kind that less-klutzy LHCers like to do on themselves), it does the trick!

Although I did take a (rather wretched) "before" photo, I'm not going to post pics.. My hair is honestly not LHC-worthy yet. :o Maybe next year.

xoxophelia
September 23rd, 2011, 11:57 PM
Any hair is LHC worthy! My hair is still 75% damaged mess (although not nearly as bad as what I had when I joined) and people have never said anything bad about it. I'm nobody's hair idol sure but I've had mostly positive feedback :)

annieangel149
September 24th, 2011, 04:22 AM
when ever i have needed a trim i have always gone to supercuts! they are great in my town! The last time i went i asked for a tiny trim on the ends! The hairdresser explained to me that there were some tiny splits on my layers also and she asked me if i would like her to trim them also! i was sitting there undecided so she said 'I can just cut the ends if you want! Take a few minutes to think about it ' and she went off to clean a sink or somthing! I was so impressed! she did not pressure me atall and gave me time to make my decision! When she came back i told her to trim the extra splits she had found and it turned out to be a great trim! The supercuts in my town is ace! :D

infinity_girl
September 24th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Wow, that's a nice tip! I'd like to be your hairdresser ;).

Madora
September 24th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I've used Supercuts in the past also and had good experiences. I always brought my mini ruler with me, however, and showed exactly how much I wanted trimmed.

And yes, your experience can vary at different Supercuts franchises!

Lostsoule77
September 24th, 2011, 08:55 AM
That is great! I think your experience can happen anywhere with some hairstylists being better than others. It's great that you could get that at such a good price though. :)