PDA

View Full Version : Curlies! Growth per month, unstretched?

Noreth
September 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Despite having a lovely hair type, we curlies tend to have shrinkage. A lot of shrinkage. Which makes our hair appear to be growing very slowly (:rant:).
Sooo, how much is your everyday, what-people-see growth?
I get little less than 1/2 an inch per month, stretched. 1/8 unstretched. :patrol:
I realize you 2s get quite a bit of shrinkage, too, but this is for 3s and 4s! :p

gthlvrmx
September 23rd, 2011, 05:59 PM
I am guessing with my hair growth, i believe it's 1/2 unstretched because it doesn't seem to be leaving BSL land, but i have certainly reached MBL again in terms of actual hair length.

AnnaJamila
September 24th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Ooooh, you meant curly/wavy. Lol, I thought you meant thickness! :D

to self*Stupid, stupid, stupid, ALWAYS choose cheese, that way you're never wrong!!! :doh:

Noreth
September 24th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Ooooh, you meant curly/wavy. Lol, I thought you meant thickness! :D

to self*Stupid, stupid, stupid, ALWAYS choose cheese, that way you're never wrong!!! :doh:
:laugh:

So jealous of those half an inch growers.:pins: lol!

Athena's Owl
September 24th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I honestly have no idea. my hair is never the same length from day to day. but it took five years to go from APL (curly) to a bit longer than waist (curly) as a 3b.

Hotrox
September 26th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I honestly have no idea. my hair is never the same length from day to day. but it took five years to go from APL (curly) to a bit longer than waist (curly) as a 3b.

I'm the same, some days I think, wow hair you've grown and then other days I am left pondering whether my hair is actaully shrinking :confused:

But overall it is slowing showing its growth so I'm putting it at 1/4 unstretched

CurlyMopTop
September 26th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I voted 3 with 1/4" growth, but actually I'm really not sure. I just took a guess. My hair has been growing 3/4" stretched a month for the last several months. Unstretched it may be a little more or a little less than 1/4". :)

PinkyCat
September 26th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I actually grow a little more than 1/2" a month - more like .75" - but my shrinkage varies from day to day. Depends on a zillion things, i.e., did I use protein condish, how much product is left in, did I scrunch enough, etc.

I think 3" or 4" of shrinkage is average for me - when stretched its waist length, curly its about an inch below BSL.

mommyof2boys
September 30th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I haven't a clue.

C.H.
October 1st, 2011, 12:49 AM
My hair has weighed itself down a lot at this point, so I'm not losing much length to shrinkage anymore. I get about 4-5 inches of shrinkage for 36 inches of hair. So at that proportion 85-90% of my length is visible. I always assumed my growth was average, you know 1/2 inch per month, but since I've joined LHC and am paying more attention, I'm slowly coming to the realization that it's probably growing faster than that. Maybe 3/4" per month? I have no idea if this is a summer growth spurt or if it's always grown that fast.

knockoutsstudio
October 1st, 2011, 01:16 AM
it's to confusing dear. I think mine is 1/2.

aubin
October 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mine is somewhere between 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch per month. The sad news is that I'm not retaining all of that growth because my hair breaks so easily. :mad: I usually retain a little less than 1/2 inch per month. I'm on a new hair reggie so I hope to gain and retain about 2 inches by the end of the year.

skraprchik
October 2nd, 2011, 05:34 AM
I'm a 4 and my hair only shows about 1/8 of an inch per month. Totally annoying. I'm trying my hardest to ignore it.

Badwolf
October 2nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
I really have no idea. My hair is just about APL when stretched, but depending oh what I do with my hair, when it's curly its anywhere from just grazing my shoulders to an inch or so below. I seem to average about 1/2" of growth per month, but when curly my hair doesn't look all that much different than it did a few months ago.

CurlyGirly
October 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I'm a 3b/3a on the bottom. The longer my hair gets the less curly and less shrinkage I get. My hair grows between 3/4 - 1 in. a month.