PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Roll Help!

longhairedlady
September 23rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
I really really really really want to learn how to do a gibson roll to my hair. I found one video on youtube but it was a "messy" gibson roll and I am wanting a sleek gibson roll that wraps from ear to ear, not a small one. Can someone pretty please help me??? I have wanted to do this to my hair for so long now! :flowers:

longhairedlady
September 23rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
I guess I am not the only one who doesnt know how to make this! :bigtongue:

AnqeIicDemise
September 23rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
I'm having a hard time picturing what you want... but I think I may be able to help.

Instead of doing the pony tail & flip out method, I've twisted the sides first, sort of like a tight victory roll and pinned in place. It often starts the thickness behind my ears or just above it. I then join the ends and roll it upward and slowly form an U shape along the back of my neck. It takes a lot of pins though. I've managed it with five 3 inch bobby pins but that was once and I had to take it out because it was wash day.

I'll see if I can find a video and if I can't I may have to do one myself. O.o;;

PS: And I am having a bit of a hard time doing the big pin curl at the back and my hair is at waist so I don't know how easy it will be for you. You may need to adapt a bit.

AnqeIicDemise
September 23rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
AHA! My go to lady has a similar and adapted version to what I do but for longer hair!

She rolls up the sides too, then ties them with an elastic, then flips the pony in twice. She does leave the ends out but she curls them, then pins the curls around the fold and it looks really pretty.

http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/gibson-roll/

longhairedlady
September 23rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
Oh now that is very close to what I am talking about!! I am super curious about how you do yours to! I would love to see a video on how you do yours! Please let me know if you make one! :) Thank you so much for your help :D