PDA

View Full Version : Going out tonight, humidity, please help!

pes3108
September 23rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
It has been raining alllll day and it has finally cleared up! However, it is soooo humid outside and we are going to see a band play - outdoors. I have a halo of frizz all around the top of my head. I was going to put my hair in a braid, but the top of my head is soooo fuzzy. All I have on hand in some coconut oil, aragon oil, and garnier leave in conditioner. What can I do??

Kiwiwi
September 23rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
I would wet the top of the head a bit (not too little, not too much), put your best frizz fighting oil in it a bit, brush it 'tight' and braid it right away, moist (if you brush at all).
That works for me usually.

pes3108
September 23rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Awesome Kiwiwi!!! I'm going to try that, thank you!!

InTheCity
September 23rd, 2011, 07:16 PM
I keep waking up with a fro because of the intense humidity. I mean my hair is shrinking up to eye length!

I agree with tightening it. That's about all you can do. I even add a cloth headband in a dark color to keep it at bay.

pes3108
September 25th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I keep waking up with a fro because of the intense humidity. I mean my hair is shrinking up to eye length!

I agree with tightening it. That's about all you can do. I even add a cloth headband in a dark color to keep it at bay.

Its terrible isn't it?? It has been raining on and off for the past week and I think its one of the worst hair weeks I've had in a while - including the 95 degree + heat and humidity we had this summer!