PDA

View Full Version : Henna washing out big time!

indigonight
September 23rd, 2011, 12:39 PM
I got some new jamila henna and it really seems to lack staying power. Everytime I wash my hair the water turns really red and I notice the henna is having a hard time staying on my roots. Any suggestions/solutions apart from trying a new batch of henna?

Gracias

Anje
September 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Weird.... I don't have any suggestions, unfortunately.

I'm assuming you're the sort who can't get too much henna, right? It seems the folks who want as many layers as possible get henna washout, and the folks who accidentally go too red and want to get it to release find it the most permanent.

brok3nwings
September 24th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I dont have any advice for you.. cause i dont henna i just gloss sometimes for change but as Anje said.. henna is so unpredictable i believe that is one of the reasons we see so many different colours, of course the natural hair does influence but not only.
There was a henna hair that said something like.. " I just now accept the colour that henna decides to give me, cause i never know" ;) (something like that)

CopperHead
September 25th, 2011, 12:22 PM
How long do you leave the henna on your hair? I do six hours twice a month on the top of my head only and it doesn't budge. I do notice sometimes my roots take better than other times. I think it is just henna doing its thing. ;) I am still using my stash of Celebration henna.

I have noticed that if I do an ACV rinse right after washing out the henna mud, I don't bleed as much. I do a good shampooing and then the ACV, followed by conditoner. We all have different textures to our hair and that could cause differences too.