PDA

View Full Version : Joico K-Pac and Cold water rinse

Gwen
September 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Lately I've been rinsing out my conditioner with cool\cold water, and I think it is making a difference in my hair. It feels much softer after it dries. Anyone else find this? Also, I just started using Joico K-Pac for damaged hair. Have you used this product? What were your results?
Thanks!
Gwen

Kiwiwi
September 23rd, 2011, 08:00 AM
Interesting.
Do you find the conditioner to be rinsed out easier with the cool/cold water? Or does it take a lot more time?
Thanks!

YepLilly
September 23rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
I don't rinse my conditioner with cold water. But I do a cold/cool water rinse at the end of my shower (after an ACV rinse) and that seems to help. It's supposed to close down the cuticles preventing all the moisture from escaping.

I haven't used Joico k-pac but I have used other protein treatments and they have helped me a lot. My hair is craving protein these days.

Gwen
September 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
I don't rinse my conditioner with cold water. But I do a cold/cool water rinse at the end of my shower (after an ACV rinse) and that seems to help. It's supposed to close down the cuticles preventing all the moisture from escaping.

I haven't used Joico k-pac but I have used other protein treatments and they have helped me a lot. My hair is craving protein these days.

See, I think that's one of the reasons for my damage: Too much protien. I'm working on getting some moisture into the damage right now, until my hair is long enough to cut it out. My hair definetly feels softer and more managable with the cold water rinse. I'm about 1.5 inches from BSL! But the damaged pieces on my crown are only at the nape of my neck.

YepLilly
September 23rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
See, I think that's one of the reasons for my damage: Too much protien. I'm working on getting some moisture into the damage right now, until my hair is long enough to cut it out.

If you feel your hair has too much protein, then Joico K-pak won't do it any good. It has protein (keratin if I remember ok). You're better off doing deep moisturizing treatments, like SMT and using deep conditioners, like Aussie 3MM for example. Oiling your hair pre-wash also helps no matter what. HTH :)

ETA: Kirin's article is good for determining whether your hair needs protein or moisture: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=44

Gwen
September 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
I read the ingredients... I was mainly looking for no alcohol. But it makes my hair feel really nice, so I'm going to keep using it for the time being (I paid a lot for it as well, so I'd rather not have it go to waste).

I've also read that article. I'll have to do a test strand tonight. My main goal right now is to protect the damaged hair as it grows out. Once it gets long enough, then I'll start triming an inch or half an inch at a time off of it. If I trimmed them NOW, and evened out my hair, I'd end up with a pixie cut. Short hair looks awful on me.

YepLilly
September 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
I read the ingredients... I was mainly looking for no alcohol. But it makes my hair feel really nice, so I'm going to keep using it for the time being (I paid a lot for it as well, so I'd rather not have it go to waste).

I've also read that article. I'll have to do a test strand tonight. My main goal right now is to protect the damaged hair as it grows out. Once it gets long enough, then I'll start triming an inch or half an inch at a time off of it. If I trimmed them NOW, and evened out my hair, I'd end up with a pixie cut. Short hair looks awful on me.

Sounds good. Joico k-pak is a light protein treatment, so I think you'll be fine :)

Gwen
September 23rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Sounds good. Joico k-pak is a light protein treatment, so I think you'll be fine :)

I also have a Moroccan Oil deep conditioning mask, but I'm going to give that a rest for a while... Only use it a couple times per month (since I'm using this Joico stuff). I know my hair needs a good trim, but I'm not ready for a major chop right now. My hair grows so slowly, it would take me forever to get back to where I am right now. BSL is only a couple months away!!

Syrena
September 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
I am using Joico K- Pac and my hair loves it. I use Shampoo, Conditioner, Reconstructing penetrator and Intense hydrator. I rinse it out with cold water. My hair never felt so soft and silky!:eyebrows:

longhairedlady
September 23rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
I have been rinsing my conditioner with cold water and noticed a big difference right away! :)