PDA

View Full Version : Show-and-Tell!

Peggy E.
September 23rd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Today I am getting out of this house for the first time since Mother's Day in May!!!!!! (You probably can't hear me over the sounds of the trumpets blaring, timpanies rolling, cymbals crashing....)

My parents are taking me to lunch. This is a major undertaking - one in which I will not go into - why spoil a good thread, right? But we're going to a nice restaurant and I'm dressed like a human being for a change. I'm usually in the world's most comfortable, flow caftans, but there has to be some concession to being stuck.

Anyway, I have put my hair, which was not happy about going out, into a Topsy (hey, something different?!), did a twisty braid, changed my mind and didn't pull it all the way through and wrap. Instead, I anchored it on the inside of the bottom of the braid that's not wrapped, with the barrette that matches this gorgeous comb.

I have a hard time finding ways to wear these two together, and this one really looks quite decent, if I say so myself. If only I could have gotten my camera to cooperate - the pics don't do it much justice, but you get a bit of an idea of the style and the toys.

The comb and barrette came from a great fellow in Rotterdam who has fabulous finds.

So, here's what I'm going to look like running away! ;o)

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z235/plelliott254/020-3.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z235/plelliott254/025-1.jpg

gretchen_hair
September 23rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Hey hey hey! That looks great, what a lovely set, ahhhhhhhhhhh, I am in awe at the beauty.

I hope you have a lovely time out, you deserve it. Eat, drink, be merry and have a blast!

archel
September 23rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
Ok that looks totally awesome! I hope you have a great time :)

spidermom
September 23rd, 2011, 08:00 AM
Have a good time; your hair looks good. The comb is very pretty.

silverjen
September 23rd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Hooray Peggy! You look great. I hope you have a lovely time.

Tabitha
September 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Thank you for sharing your pretty hair-do! I hope you have a lovely day out, with fine weather, good food and pleasant conversation :flowers:

Calaelen
September 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
:) so lovely. have a wonderful time. I am full of joy for you.