PDA

View Full Version : My little experience

ocea205
September 23rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
First of all i would thank all of u , i've learnt a lot .
now to my story :
I used to be on and off bc pills for hormonal problems /"PCOS" so as a result my hair thinned so much that i can c my scalp so bright and shiny , but I'm clean now and thank to God I'm regular for more than 6 months :cheese:.
My focus then turned to my hair trying many things to save it . here is wt I discovered and wt worked the best to minimize the shedding to normal :deal::

1.Hair type is 2b/2c-m-ii :D

2.Never sleep with any oil on scalp , hair is ok but never the scalp, my hair shed like crazy when i've done that .

3.Indian oil/powder remedies are great for regrowth and fast growth,use them at least for 1 hour b4 shower. like ' amla, shikakai, bhringraj, brahmi, henna, coconut oil, etc '.

4.cutting my hair according to lunar hair chart:scissors: .

5.my hair hates protien and i discovered it the hard way :( must steer a way from protien hair recipes and shampoos like Aubrey Organics Bga Protein / Avalon biotin , they make my hair brittle, easy to break and shed with just a simple touch so scary :shocked:.

6.supplements, prescriptive formulas works great for me ,just drink plenty of water :spitting: .

7.detangle with wide tooth comb or my tangle teaser in the shower with conditioner on,rinse with cold water and sometimes finish with lemon rinse/tea rinse .

8.when my hair is little oily then its time for BBB, mine is Mason Pearson nylon&bristle, " my wide tooth comb is the same brand"

9.I'm using Folligen lotion now every night and it seems it does work , i dilute a little amount with water in a spray bottle for easier application .

10.air dry my hair , no heat styling or mmmaybe once or twice a month for a change :D

11. with all of that my hair grows fast even when i cut 1-2 cm evey month . i cut to even out my ends and diminish the "fairy tale ends"due to thinning .

12. I'm testing Nisim F.A.S.T set today and so far so good , I only used a very little shampoo and for my surprise no Amla oil residue left on my hair ,way less hair loss and soft bouncy hair :bounce:,cant wait to the end of the bottle to c how much growth i get .

my hair is on the way to its b4 state, healthy shiny thick black hair .

feel free to tell ur story or ask me any Q's ;)

JuliaDancer
September 23rd, 2011, 07:06 AM
This is great! I have a friend with PCOS and thin hair, and this might be able to help her.

ocea205
September 23rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
JuliaDancer thanks 4 ur reply , and as for PCOS i managed to treat the symptoms like regulating the period ,mood swings, water retention, hirsute etc with marjoram tea , as a Middle Eastern we use it all the time for women problems even with fertility , this is why I'm off the pills now, I can't believe why i didn't listen to my mother sooner . It's really a great herb she should try it .

Chetanlaiho
September 25th, 2011, 02:01 PM
1.Hair type is 2b/2c-m-ii :D

2.Never sleep with any oil on scalp , hair is ok but never the scalp, my hair shed like crazy when i've done that .

My hairtype seems quite similar to yours, and my hair seems to shed when I oil my scalp too. Unfortunately I'm dying to try castor oil for a wihle, did the first application last night and shed a lot, as expected. Is it only when you sleep on it? (I did this time) or is it when you oil your scalp in general?

ocea205
September 26th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Chetanlaiho (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/member.php?u=33072) i was shedding even with just touching my hair so imagine the amount when oiling , as u know Castor oil is sticky & heavy so try to mix it with other oils ,don't sleep with it ,2 hours is enough, and before oiling you hair with it try this : damp a cotton ball in lemon juice then pat it on ur scalp ,it works as a tonic so you'll shed much less or nothing at all .
u can also benefit from Castor oil by mixing a little with ur conditioner for a mask/hot oil treatment if u don't have time for oiling ur hair.

I also spray rose water on scalp every day and notice that even when I'm pulling my hair or oiling it no hair comes out ,may be one or two but that's all because it dose work as a tonic too .

I hope it'll work for u .;)

Chetanlaiho
September 26th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Chetanlaiho (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/member.php?u=33072) i was shedding even with just touching my hair so imagine the amount when oiling , as u know Castor oil is sticky & heavy so try to mix it with other oils ,don't sleep with it ,2 hours is enough, and before oiling you hair with it try this : damp a cotton ball in lemon juice then pat it on ur scalp ,it works as a tonic so you'll shed much less or nothing at all .
u can also benefit from Castor oil by mixing a little with ur conditioner for a mask/hot oil treatment if u don't have time for oiling ur hair.

I also spray rose water on scalp every day and notice that even when I'm pulling my hair or oiling it no hair comes out ,may be one or two but that's all because it dose work as a tonic too .

I hope it'll work for u .;)

Yea my hair does a similar thing, whenever I touch my scalp several hairs seem to come out. It was getting better for a while but this oiling episode makes me feel like it's not over yet :(

I did dilute the castor oil with about four parts of coconut oil and some drops of EO. Def not gonna sleep on it again, only did it this time because I was lazy xD

The tonic sounds interesting but I have heard of lemon juice damaging hair so I'm a bit aprehensive. Mixing it with conditioner seems like a great idea! Would you put it in while wet? (my hair sheds like crazy if I touch it when it's wet >_<)

ocea205
September 27th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Chetanlaiho yes i condition with wet hair and now i even detangle with a comb, a thing I have never been able to do !
I struggled with hair loss for may be 2 years , thank god i am normal now .

Make sure u take all the vitamin and minerals ur body need so u don't have any deficiency , I don't eat very well that's why i take supplements , also check ur protien intake if it's low then eat/drink more protien sources or vice versa ,mine was high " i used to eat lots of eggs nom nom nom :D "+ protien shampoos etc, i though my hair needs it :rolleyes: .
exercise regularly it's good 4 the circulation to pump nutrition to hair follicles .
try to do most of the steps i wrote for a couple of months and I hope ur shedding become normal like mine :)

Chetanlaiho
September 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
That gives me hope for the future, but at the same time not xD I started shedding like crazy this summer so I hope I don't have two more years to go =(

I take prenatals, msm, biotin, sometimes horsetail and I'm trying to add b12 see if it makes any difference. I suspect my iron or other vitamin/mineral levels may be wonky and I would love to have them tested but I'd feel weird just asking for it at the doctors and I'd have to stop taking my supplements to get an accurate picture :/ Trying to up my protein intake sounds like a good idea though, anything besides eggs that are a good idea to include? (I try to eat some hair healthy food like coconut oil, peanut butter etc.)

Exercise, yea I really have to get that going again ^^; starting university college has not done my workout schedule any good >_<

I hope so too! Thanks so much for all the help, I would do just about anything to make the shedding stop ^^;