PDA

View Full Version : Husbands and your hair?

WaitingSoLong
September 23rd, 2011, 05:38 AM
Yesterday I let my husband braid my hair for the first time. He has never asked and the way it came about was sort of random.

NO ONE has ever braided my hair before, nor brushed my hair. I was scared at first. LOL.

To my surprise, when he was brushing my hair, I had to scoot to the back of the stool because my hair goes past the bottom (I thought it was barely brushing the seat!).

He braided it very oddly. We are talking just a regular 3 strand braid (my sleep braid) but he takes 3 sections and then takes the outer two and crosses them underneath the middle one, then proceeds to braid strand over strand as usual. This created a weird effect where the braid starts and, amazingly, somehow makes the braid pull evenly (ya know how sometimes one strand is tighter or all the braid weight hangs off one strand?).

Anyway, he braided it 3 times for practice, the last being the way I would do it. I thought that was sweet! He has only recently expressed interest in my hair, not too long ago telling me he didn't want me to ever cut it, maybe a couple inches a year to remove damaged ends. I think he has actually become protective of my hair like I have!

Also, he is always interested in hearing what TLHC has to say and even wanted me to post this! lol

So how involved is you S.O. with your hair?

Toiréasa
September 23rd, 2011, 05:52 AM
How neat is that it's great when they take a interest.
My DH loves to brush my hair,he also helps me apply my henna. Recently I have got him to let me do SMT's on his hair and I have him CO washing now too. He also ask me not to cut my hair again last time I got to BSL I chopped it all of,f I told him never again now I have LHC to support me and my hair has never looked better.

Kiwiwi
September 23rd, 2011, 05:56 AM
Just a quick question in between.
I've been wondering what DH stands for exactly. I know it's reffered to boyfriend/husband, but exactly? Thanks! ^_^

eshta
September 23rd, 2011, 06:01 AM
That is sweet : ) I think most people are very gentle and extra careful while braiding someone else's hair.

When I first started to grow my hair out my BF loved the idea and said he thought long hair is beautiful (I was between APL and BSL at the time) but now that is getting longer he moans about hair clogging the drain and the vacuum cleaner and has mentioned a few times that maybe a fresh new cut or colour would look nice and wouldn't I like to go to a salon? I think he misses the hair down because I mostly wear it up now and he hates buns on me :shrug:

ETA Kiwiwi DH stands for Dear Hubby/Husband, DBF for Dear BoyFriend and BF for BoyFriend

turquoisebud
September 23rd, 2011, 06:02 AM
Just a quick question in between.
I've been wondering what DH stands for exactly. I know it's reffered to boyfriend/husband, but exactly? Thanks! ^_^

DH means dear husband. :) I didn't understand it either until I looked it up.:p Also DD is dear daughter and MIL is mother in law. That's all I know of the "language."

KwaveT
September 23rd, 2011, 06:13 AM
DH means dear husband. :) I didn't understand it either until I looked it up.:p Also DD is dear daughter and MIL is mother in law. That's all I know of the "language."

Lastly, DW is for dear wife for the few men that you see on this forum.;)

Pixie0763
September 23rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
DH likes my hair long, but has tolerated it short over the last 3 years because I sweat profusely (exercise a lot & have hot flashes). Nevertheless, he has me lay my head in his lap to play with my hair & massage my scalp while we watch TV. :)

wooliswonderful
September 23rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
When my hair was at thigh DH would braid it if I asked him, but he never volunteered. :)
Wish he would let me braid his hair!

JuliaDancer
September 23rd, 2011, 07:14 AM
I don't think my boyfriend knows how to braid... =) He brushed my hair only once, and was super careful about it. It felt very strange! He would do lots of little strokes instead of long strokes. He's never had long hair, so he hasn't had practice. He thinks it's pretty when I brush and braid my own hair though.

Sundial
September 23rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
DH doesn't know anything about styling or brushing, but I roped him in for trimming and measuring and sometimes picture taking (though he's not good at the last one) :p he has been awfully patient about it!

He takes the initiative to look out for hair stuff sale for me, especially items which he knows I use regularly and will remind me to stock up on vinegar when we're grocery shopping. It is really embarrassing though when he shouts from one end of the aisle to the other "Do you need more vinegar for your hair?" :o I get weird stares from strangers and have to keep telling him to shush it.

He has started becoming protective over my length too. During trims, he'll always take off less than what I asked him to cut off and will refuse to cut more. He'll say we'll trim again the next round.

redmj
September 23rd, 2011, 07:47 AM
I don't have a honey of any sort but sometimes I let my Daddy (yes I'm a huge Daddy's girl) fish tail braid my hair. He is the only one in the family who can do it. I love it when he does it.

archel
September 23rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
My boyfriend is super sweet about my hair, he can't wait for it to get super long and he wants to learn how to do my castor oil scalp massages and to braid and brush it for me before bed. <3

swetiepeti
September 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
I work 12+ hour shifts normally Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Friday nights DH teaches at university, but many times when he is home he'll volunteer to run a comb through it and do a simple braid for work although he braids under and I braid over (we discovered this when he tried to follow on after I started a braid). If I'm exhausted and can't sleep he's been known to brush it for me as that makes me very drowsy

bratz81
September 23rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
my hair is only just past shoulder length with stupid layers (don't ask!) so it can't really be braided or anything yet, but my fiance gives me head massages and sometimes if I'm in the bath he'll wash and condition my hair for me.
He's never as good as if I do it myself, but I don't have the heart to tell him as it's so sweet he wants to do it I think

Kiwiwi
September 23rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks, everybody!
How sweet; Dear Hubby/Husband/Boyfriend/Wife/Etc ^_^
I like it.!

kimberlyjoy
September 23rd, 2011, 08:06 AM
I had really short hair when I first met my DH. He's always been a fan of longer hair, so he's part of the reason I let it grow back out. Of course, that doesn't stop him from complaining about my hair being EVERYWHERE. He's brushed DD's hair and he's really gentle (she actually prefers to let him do it - lol) but he's never shown any interest in doing mine.

I'm trying to convince him (and myself) that he can trim my hair, since I hate going to a salon and paying someone just to blunt cut the ends. *sigh* But I do have a good stylist who knows how to do long hair, so we'll see....

WaitingSoLong
September 23rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
I had to teach DH to brush it, from the bottom up, and I even let him detangle it. He has never done anything of the sort before so it was a learning process and I just found it really sweet that he wanted to! I had offered and he readily accepted, like he had been waiting months for me to ask :O)

Lielananna
September 23rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
My DH doesn't really ask to brush or braid my hair, but he's usually very obliging when I ask him to help. If I've left my hair too long down after a wash or in the same braid for too long, I generally ask for his help detangling since he's actually more patient with the tangles than I am and will take his time with them whereas I'd just try to run my tangle teaser through them when I start to get impatient. DH has only ever braided my hair once and he warned my a few times before starting and while he's doing it that it wasn't as tight as I usually do it, but I was in the hospital and still had an IV attached to my arm, so I couldn't really re-braid it and I really wanted it to be since the braid had been in for almost 48 hours and was looking and feeling really tangled at the nape.

My DH is really supportive of my goal to grow my hair really long. I had classic length hair when we got married and it's now past knee and the only thing he teases me about is that he's always finding my hairs in his clothes (he was in the middle of a year-long deployment and found one of my hairs in his sock, that confounded both of us :) ). DH is also great at reminding me that I would truly regret cutting my hair when I get too frustrated or annoyed with it so I don't have to worry about rash decisions on that front.

racrane
September 23rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
My boyfriend doesn't know much about my hair yet, but he loves to comb and braid it. I think it's really sweet. That's awesome that your husband helps you. :)

MychelleC
September 23rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
That is so sweet! How romantic.

FrozenBritannia
September 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Wow, there is some really wonderful husbands/boyfriends!!

The comment about having dad braid it made me smile, because I remember how gentle my dad was when he used to do mine when I was little and mom didn't have time. Thanks for the memory!

DH has never offered to braid my hair (not sure he knows how) but he used to brush it for me once in a while, and sometimes washes it. :) He used to love to run his fingers through it when it was longer, but he's a bit afraid to touch it still at the moment (not yet recovered from running his fingers through and getting a handful of hair) but as it gets longer he does play with a bit when we are watching tv.

Calaelen
September 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
My guy sounds just like yours where my strands are concerned, and isn't it too sweet when they practice braiding on us? :)

Chetanlaiho
September 23rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
My boyfriend likes to watch me brush my hair etc. and loves that it's long. But he doesn't really appreciate the effort I put into it, asking me why I won't bleach it, why I don't wear it down more often, why I'm so bothered by the smoke (which, besides obvious reasons, has a lot to do with my hair).

His hair is pretty short and he always uses his as an argument because it's still shiny and soft and he treats it badly. (Which obviously does not compare but, you know, some guys :rolleyes:)

I have hopes for the future though ;) thanks for sharing!

BlazingHeart
September 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Don't forget DF (Dear Fiance)!

Mine is open to learning, but doesn't have a strong desire on his own to do this stuff. He does take pictures and measure for me without complaint. He's a little nervous about learning to braid my hair, but I plan on starting him this weekend. I taught him to braid a small section already, so he should be okay braiding all of it.

~Blaze

LaurelSpring
September 23rd, 2011, 09:43 AM
That is so sweet! I would love to have a partner that took an interest in my hair! Bf flicks it occasionally. Thats about it.

swearnsue
September 23rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
My DH has always been supportive of whatever length, color, etc. I've wanted. BUT now that I'm growing it long, he is MORE supportive. For example he called me from COSTCO to ask me if I wanted him to buy some vitamins he found for Nails and Hair! I thought that was sweet. I just started using henna and conditioner so my hair is soft. He has started stroking my hair at night when he thinks I'm asleep. How sweet is that?! We've been married for 12 years.

spidermom
September 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
My DH went through a phase when he wanted to play with my hair. I was so glad when it ended! I do like for him to comb it out, though; he's SO careful.

JuliaDancer
September 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
My DH has always been supportive of whatever length, color, etc. I've wanted. BUT now that I'm growing it long, he is MORE supportive. For example he called me from COSTCO to ask me if I wanted him to buy some vitamins he found for Nails and Hair! I thought that was sweet. I just started using henna and conditioner so my hair is soft. He has started stroking my hair at night when he thinks I'm asleep. How sweet is that?! We've been married for 12 years.

That is such a sweet story! You made me smile... =)

MaryRose
September 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
My DH is unsure about me growing out my hair. He liked it when it was a pixie and he liked it when it was BSL. He likes my hair the way it is right now at APL+. I figure that he is not a fan of change. I assured him that it will be a gradual change LOL. He is supportive for the most part and is coming around to the idea of waist length hair. He washes my hair , measures it for me and takes my monthly pics. He has become much more intersted in my hair the last few months. I can't wait for him to want to brush my hair!

Rhodugune
September 23rd, 2011, 10:51 AM
My BF loves my hair and he knows how much time and effort I put in caring for it, so he is to afraid to handle if he happen to so something wrong.

I can't imagine ever wanting to cut it off and my BF often tells me he hope I won't change my mind, but he does complain sometimes, when my hair shows up in the wrong places like in the butter and so on! :eyebrows:

I wish he could be a little more brave though, I would love if he could help me brush it sometimes, it would feel so nice and I know he would be careful.
Maybe someday! :cheese:

HairFaerie
September 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think it is very sweet & romantic and I would love to have my hair brush/braided/massaged! :)

You are lucky if you have someone that does that! The people I have had in my life (and currently) couldn't really care less about my hair and if I begged them, they would do it and then acted like it was a chore! No fun. :(

DakarNick
September 23rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
*I* am the DH. My DW is not a member. She's not really into forums. I joined to get tips on helping her and she couldn't care less. However, I do not, and don't plan to, have long hair personally.

Her hair is between BSL and waist, closer to BSL. I've always been a hair guy and she is cool with letting me brush, comb, detangle. I've also been trimming it for her.

She lets me braid and do weird styles but she won't wear them out in public, haha. Crown braids, mohawk braids, sock buns, etc. Since its getting longer she will sometimes do a simple braided and wrapped bun or a regular braid with a ribbon in it.

The other day I saw her in the bathroom doing a ponytail rope braid wrong so I kindly fixed itand showed her the proper way.

QMacrocarpa
September 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Mine tangle teezes my hair in front of the TV fairly often. He's also been quite helpful in taking "action shots" of some self-made hairtoys I wanted pictures of. I'd love to get him to try braiding it, and all the accounts of braiding spouses in this thread give me hope! :)

Mrspuddinhead
September 23rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
That is just overly sweet!! My fiance just usually strokes mine or smells it.

My fiance and I where actually having a discussion about my hair the other day. He was watching me wash my hair, because his mother is a hair dresser my Jess seems to think that makes him an expert on my hair and he proceeded to tell me my hair care routine was all wrong and that he would talk to his mother. I wet my hair and apply conditioner to the very ends, while the conditioner is still in my hair I apply the shampoo, massage, rinse. Repeat with conditioner, this time all over the scalp. Followed by an ASV rinse. Since I've started this routine my ends are much happier and hair is over all softer. While I lived in Al my hair loved the humidity and was seldomly dry. I never used conditioner then because with a combination of the humidity my hair would became oily quickly. Not the case with California,desert air is dry so my hair needs the extra conditioner. Jess wasn't buying this at all.... My fiancee told me I had dry hair and split ends because of my brushing and practicing braids, buns, and hairstyles. I told him if I am to have long hair I'm going to enjoy it, play with it, style it. That I want my braids neat and orderly and the only way I was going to learn was by practicing. He told me that wasn't the point of me having long hair, the point was because it was ultra feminine. I was quick to remind him that men can have long hair as well for enjoyment. I told him even those who baby and pamper their hair will have split ends from time to time. I bleached and dyed my hair right on top of each other about March, along with constant heat styling, brushing while wet and many other horrible things. I reminded him of this and told him my hair would take time to heal and wouldn't be healthy over night, that it takes time. WOW!! Sorry about the rant but I found it quite irritating that the man whom hasn't had hair for over 15 years is going to tell me how to care for my hair.

FrozenBritannia
September 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
That is just overly sweet!! My fiance just usually strokes mine or smells it.

My fiance and I where actually having a discussion about my hair the other day. He was watching me wash my hair, because his mother is a hair dresser my Jess seems to think that makes him an expert on my hair and he proceeded to tell me my hair care routine was all wrong and that he would talk to his mother. I wet my hair and apply conditioner to the very ends, while the conditioner is still in my hair I apply the shampoo, massage, rinse. Repeat with conditioner, this time all over the scalp. Followed by an ASV rinse. Since I've started this routine my ends are much happier and hair is over all softer. While I lived in Al my hair loved the humidity and was seldomly dry. I never used conditioner then because with a combination of the humidity my hair would became oily quickly. Not the case with California,desert air is dry so my hair needs the extra conditioner. Jess wasn't buying this at all.... My fiancee told me I had dry hair and split ends because of my brushing and practicing braids, buns, and hairstyles. I told him if I am to have long hair I'm going to enjoy it, play with it, style it. That I want my braids neat and orderly and the only way I was going to learn was by practicing. He told me that wasn't the point of me having long hair, the point was because it was ultra feminine. I was quick to remind him that men can have long hair as well for enjoyment. I told him even those who baby and pamper their hair will have split ends from time to time. I bleached and dyed my hair right on top of each other about March, along with constant heat styling, brushing while wet and many other horrible things. I reminded him of this and told him my hair would take time to heal and wouldn't be healthy over night, that it takes time. WOW!! Sorry about the rant but I found it quite irritating that the man whom hasn't had hair for over 15 years is going to tell me how to care for my hair.

This makes me incredibly glad that my MIL knows nothing about hair.. My DH likes to do the same thing about everything from cooking pasta (I've only been cooking it since I was 15 you know), gardening, baking, driving, and redecorating (despite the fact the only redecorating he's ever done is repainting the hull of a boat *sigh*).
I try to take it with a grain of salt. He thinks he is being helpful. I tell him to get out of my way, and if he wants it done a certain way to do it himself. :D

Shelly
September 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
My DBF is almost as passionate about long hair as I am. His hair is 37" long after I trimmed it Wednesday. He doesn't quite know where he wants it to stop yet but he has told me that he won't let it get to the "ridiculous" lengths, as he puts it. That pretty much means no longer than the floor for him. :lol: He does fully support me since I do want my hair to grow to the dragging the floor lengths.

When I told him that I was going to start using the Monistat on my scalp, he looked at me like I was crazy but he told me if that's what I wanted to do, go for it. He is 1000% supportive of whatever I want to do. He may not agree with it but he does support me.

KajiKodomo
September 23rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
My DF plays with my hair, but hasn't braided it or brushed it yet. He's mentioned that he would braid it for me if I wanted, but I doubt he'll offer himself, haha.

He used to have almost waist-length hair that I would brush, detangle, run my fingers through, and style for him. I kind of miss it! :) He cut it for work, but plans on growing it back out again someday.

jojo
September 23rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
I let my husband brush my hair but hes way too rough and brushed me like i brush the dog and as for updo's goodness me id be on a murder charge! :D sounds like you have a more careful hubby than me!

dulce
September 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
My hubby is 66 and ex-military[short hair all his life] and couldn't braid to save his life.But he has encouraged me to grow it long again and to let it go gray, and am grateful for that support.

owlathena
September 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
My ex liked to brush my hair. Current DBF sometimes asks me to put it up, he says he thinks its pretty up, but I think he just gets sick of me screaming "OWW OWW you're pulling/sitting on/caught on my hair!" all the time.

Ishje
September 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
I ask my DBF to trim my hair, he is very precise and I know I can trust him to do a good job.
usually it is only about a cm that I want trimmed off :)
I also asked him to dye my length once, he was so nervous but he did it.
when the hair was dyed I went into the shower, and realized I forgot my towel, so I did a bit of swearing, he came in with big eyes scared that something went wrong with the dye, and thinking that it would be his fault.
it was really cute.

last week he made me promise to never cut it short ^^
I do not plan on doing that ever, but it is nice that he likes my hair long.

artemisjade
September 23rd, 2011, 12:40 PM
My DH is a little worried about me growing my hair back out. Mostly because when it's super long he tends to find strands of it...on his person. :undecided

see_turtle
September 23rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here I'm pretty surprised by the behavior of all of your SO's...

My future husband could not care less about my hair. He wants me to cut it back to the bob I had (see avatar) when we first got together. He has never even thought of brushing or braiding it...I'd be scared to have him try to be honest. He never touches it or comments on it and gets annoyed if I talk about it too much. He takes my pictures but I have to coerce him into it. None of this bothers me though. I've done my own hair since age 8 or so so I'm used to it.

My old college roommates are into petting and stroking each others hair and I quite enjoy it when they do it.

SusanSt
September 23rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
My husband trims my hair for me, occasionally brushes it, but mostly admires it!! :)

Lostsoule77
September 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
WaitingSoLong that is so sweet! My DH has never done anything of the sort and I very much doubt he ever will. While he loves the look of long hair, even had it himself back in the day, he has no desire to take care of it. I think I'd be a bit scared to let him even if he wanted to. He doesn't take the best care of things, unless it's his car, toys, or our pets, and I think he'd be way too rough. He says I can do whatever I want with my hair. He's supportive of what I want to do, but has no interest in taking part in it. :)

Sakuracha
September 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
My DBF sometimes will brush my hair. When we were in Japan he bought me a beautiful flower hair toy that I still treasure.

terpentyna
September 23rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
DBF's hair styling is hellish, but the scalp massages - !!!

Dorothy
September 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
My Dear Wife henna's my roots every month, with the neatness and efficiency of the production worker she is. She will also put Cassia in all of it upon request. I'd like her to braid it, and she braids her own hair, but she finds it as slippery and impossible to hang onto as I do.

She puts Kiss My Face patchouli body lotion in her hair, and likes me to do it for her. She participates a little in oiling when we're watching movies, too. And privately she lets me do fancy buns on her very curly red mid back length hair that are too feminine for her to consider wearing in public. I enjoy this, I have wanted her hair since I was a child.

doodlebug66
September 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Mine doesn't know how to do any braids or anything,but he does give good scalp massages. He also doesn't care how i wear my hair as long as I am happy.

SarahKayfa
September 23rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
My partner has a distinct preference for my hair longer and he notices changes. He doesn't braid it or brush it for me, and I really don't think he knows how!

AlabasterAlice
September 23rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
DH heard that one of my meds could cause hair loss, and had to immediately call me (while on break at work) to tell me I needed to go off of it asap. :laugh:

I love that man.

Vanilla
September 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
My DH occasionally asks to brush my hair and helped me braid my hair when it was a bit longer.

LuciousLox
September 23rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
I love when people play with my hair :) When my hair gets long again, like yours, I hope he tries to braid it. I would love it.

teal
September 23rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
The comment about having dad braid it made me smile, because I remember how gentle my dad was when he used to do mine when I was little and mom didn't have time. Thanks for the memory!

Yeah, I remember my dad putting my hair up for things like swimming and dance. Old and fond memories. :)

I was going to say DH hadn't offered to do anything but I just realized that's not true. A couple of days ago he offered to wash it and I said yes even though in my head I was screaming "it's too SOON for wash day!". In the end other things got in the way and it didn't happen, but it's the thought that counts so I'll still let him. He's interested in my hair in general - he thinks the long hair is sexy and has commented that since I've been here it's been looking really good. He's supportive of me seeing how long it will grow. He already knows that if I get incapacitated medical staff are not to cut my hair unless absolutely necessary! :p

Masara
September 24th, 2011, 12:17 AM
My husband doesn't know how to braid. And he's not interested in learning. I tried to show him with three coloured wool (like you do with kids) so he could braid our daughters' hair. But I could see that it wasn't going in. If I'm not there and the youngest girl needs her hair doing, he'll get her sister to do it. And when the eldest was younger, he would take her to dance class with a brush, elastic and pins and get another parent or the teacher toput it in a ponytail/bun.

For him, my hair is my hair and nothing to do with him. He may make a (mildy sacastic) comment if he comes accross me half way through an updo or he'll move it if it's in his way, but that's all.

I don't much like people playing with my hair, mainly because it feels odd for someone else to be touching it. But having someone else brushing it for me sounds really nice and relaxing. Sometimes I fantasize about going to the hairdresser's just to have the head message and comb through :p

Alun
September 24th, 2011, 01:05 AM
I sometimes braid DW's hair, but not so much vicea versa. She has some problems with her right arm, but usually manages to bun or braid her hair herself (or braid it and then bun it) and seldom wears it loose. If I want to wear mine in a braid I normally do it myself. My hair is usually loose, but I am about equally likely to put it in a braid as a ponytail.

DD went through a phase of wanting to braid my hair, but not since she became a teenager, and she wears her own hair mostly loose and if not then usually in a messy bun.

One of my female cousins also went through a phase of wanting to braid my hair.

DS has long hair too, but nearly always wears his in a simple ponytail, and only sometimes wears it loose. I'm not sure if anyone has ever braided his hair, although it's certainly long enough.

WaitingSoLong
September 24th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I let my husband brush my hair but hes way too rough and brushed me like i brush the dog and as for updo's goodness me id be on a murder charge! :D sounds like you have a more careful hubby than me!

He knows how protective I am of my hair and what a huge thing it was for me to have someone else touch it!

but I think he just gets sick of me screaming "OWW OWW you're pulling/sitting on/caught on my hair!" all the time.

Dh only pulled a couple strands when attempting his braids. I didn't utter a word, except when he asked me if he was pulling and I said just a couple strands, no big deal. It was worth it to me :)

My DH is a little worried about me growing my hair back out. Mostly because when it's super long he tends to find strands of it...on his person. :undecided

I am super careful about where my hair strands fall. I am very anal about it, actually (neurotic, etc.). It is amazing I even have hair this long because I am such a freak about it. Nonetheless, it has occasionally happened that a hair is found in an unwanted place. I HATE THAT and sometimes it makes me want to cut my hair.

My husband doesn't know how to braid. And he's not interested in learning.

<snip>

I don't much like people playing with my hair, mainly because it feels odd for someone else to be touching it.

Same here, and I never knew he was interested in learning. He actually told me that he braids at work and I was like...huh? Well, he is an electrician and the job entails having lots of loose wires and he braids them to keep them out of the way and it was THAT "special" braid he attempted on my hair. LOL. He told me that hair is much more flimsy than wire and didn't know how i managed to work with something that wouldn't stay where you put it LOL.

I was surprised he wanted to, if you knew his personality, it is so funny because he is bald as can be (we shave his head). I think he likes the contrast we make when we go out in public. However he has always been the guy who was unashamed to buy any of my "girl" stuff, even alone. He doesn't see what the big deal is, it is a fact of life that men and women are different.

It has taken him 2.5 years of hearing about hair and TLHC and all my crazy attempts to make my hair grow faster or try a new do or search for hair toys (and I am pretty tame compared to some on here!) for him to get to the point he wanted to do this. But his interest in my hair has majorly increased over the past year or so, and after reading all the posts here I am remembering all the different things.

BTW, we have been married 10 years and are still on our honeymoon.

Navydoc_76
September 24th, 2011, 07:00 AM
my dh has told me a few times he loves the henna color instead of the orangish haircolor i used to use. his involvement in my haircare regimen only includes snaking it out of shower and sink drain every few months, i cant do it because its too gross! haha..

he does prefer it long though..

Venefica
September 24th, 2011, 07:54 AM
My hubby do brush my hair at times, it is sometimes helpful to get someone else to help so I can have long brushstrokes from the top of my scalp to the ends of the hair, and he do take an interest, he take my action pictures and do like me having long hair, though he hate the little nappy hairs at the back of my neck and want me to cut them, but no, I think they only look natural.

PianoPlaye
September 24th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Awww! WaitingSoLong, you have a real honey there! :D

My husband regards my hair as being the reason he has to unclog drains. (Not like the boys leave anything icky in the sinks, oh no.)
Son #2 not only helps with length photos, but will also comb the length (very carefully) to get the best shot he can. (Son #1 approached a horse wrong & got kicked, whereas I walked up said hi & got on with the grooming - well, son #2 understands "careful", "gently!" & the potential price of getting it wrong...) :applause
Unfortunately he blabbed about the honey in the bathroom & what I had planned for a hair treatment became a very sticky teatime. Ah well.

I'm hoping to train son #3 to be as good with the comb. :thumbsup:

Chetanlaiho
September 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
My ex liked to brush my hair. Current DBF sometimes asks me to put it up, he says he thinks its pretty up, but I think he just gets sick of me screaming "OWW OWW you're pulling/sitting on/caught on my hair!" all the time.

Haha I do that all the time too! He's always asking me to leave it down but he does get pretty sick of this part of it ;)

nobeltonya
September 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Before I finally was able to french braid mine myself, I kept telling my husband that I was either going to get him to do it, or teach our older son to do it... :) But, now I can so it's ok.. He thinks I'm always playing with my hair.. which I'm really not, it's just that he's home and awake at certain parts of my routine, which coincide with brushing, oiling, or putting up my hair.. :P The rest of the day it's either in a ponytail or up, and I'm generally leaving it alone. Otherwise, he seems pretty unbiased either way.

Audrey Horne
September 24th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mine buys me oils and some other stuff when I ask him, that's how he's involved lol He tried to braid my hair once when it was way shorter and of course, it was the weirdest braid ever :) But really sweet!
DH used to dye my hair when I used chemical dyes, he hated it, I think. He is happy he doesn't have to do it anymore. Now he trims my hair. I convinced him to do it (it took a long time). His debut was a triumph, so he's very glad to do it now and be important ;) And I'm a happy camper! :o :D
So even though he makes fun of my crazy practices he actually supports me a lot by what he does for me.

WaitingSoLong
September 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I am curious about the drain clogging issue. I would never subject my husband to cleaning my hairs from a drain! lol I clean the grate thing that keeps the hair from going down the trap after every hair wash and throw them away. Our drain never gets clogged this way. Most of my shed hair from the shower stays in my shower comb anyway and I just de-hair the comb after every shower.

I would never want to clean someone else's hair from a drain, it would embarass me to have him clean my hairs. I just see it as part of my responsibility because it is MY hair. Afterall, he is BALD. hee hee.

Starr
September 24th, 2011, 04:15 PM
My DH has never attempted to try to braid/brush/style my hair, but on occasion he'll make me a couple of hair sticks or forks.:crush:

jojo
September 24th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Wow, there is some really wonderful husbands/boyfriends!!

DH has never offered to braid my hair (not sure he knows how) but he used to brush it for me once in a while, and sometimes washes it. :) He used to love to run his fingers through it when it was longer, but he's a bit afraid to touch it still at the moment (not yet recovered from running his fingers through and getting a handful of hair) but as it gets longer he does play with a bit when we are watching tv.

now my dad oh my different story, he used to love my long hair, he'd cut, curl it and brush it for me regular. god bless his soul, i miss that about him as well as much more.

RocketDog
September 24th, 2011, 06:33 PM
My husband has taken photos and even helped me apply henna a few times, but that's about it. Oh, and head massages. MMMMMMMMM.

wtchmel
September 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
You're very lucky to have that support. My husband supports me in everyway and is amazing, yet, when it comes to the hair, he doesn't really care, and he and my son btchs about the hair being all over the place constantly. It stresses me out, because I feel like they're whistling up a wind, and what if something happened and I didn't have any!
:rolleyes:

FrozenBritannia
September 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
You're very lucky to have that support. My husband supports me in everyway and is amazing, yet, when it comes to the hair, he doesn't really care, and he and my son btchs about the hair being all over the place constantly. It stresses me out, because I feel like they're whistling up a wind, and what if something happened and I didn't have any!
:rolleyes:

They stop whining about hair related topics pretty quickly. My hair has been growing back since March and I have not heard ONE peep about sheds, wheras before....:rolleyes:

growingpains
September 24th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Awww so happy to read this:) I too think it is romantic and caring. Grooming one another is a way of expressing love. Sounds like with a little practice your DH might even be able to help you with some fancier updos that are hard to do on one's own.

Charlemaigne
September 24th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Last week I used Henna for the first time - really have not had to color my hair previously - knew I would need help and my DH jumped right in. He is an engineer and new things always interest him - it was as if he reverted back to his childhood and had a blast playing with the henna "mud" applying it to my hair.

tiny_teesha
September 24th, 2011, 11:29 PM
My BF wants me to grow my hair long after a chopped it, he doesn't really play with it but he does try to encourage me about it since he knows how self conscious i am about it.
He wants me to grow it because he likes long dark hair, which i had...and chopped off the second we started dating because i was ashamed of my thin ends.
He can't wait till my hair is long again, i can...because it is never as thick as I want it.

CountessDeJager
September 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I'm still wearing the braid Bill put in my hair tonight for our dinner out. :sushi::cloud9: As a longhair himself he knows how to brush gently and get the tension right for a neat braid. It was a great way to spend time together before our date making each other smile while chatting. We are going to do this more often because it is time very well spent. It makes me grateful to know I have such a tender partner and with such even braiding fingers too!

Bill D.
September 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'm still wearing the braid Bill put in my hair tonight for our dinner out. :sushi::cloud9: As a longhair himself he knows how to brush gently and get the tension right for a neat braid. It was a great way to spend time together before our date making each other smile while chatting. We are going to do this more often because it is time very well spent. It makes me grateful to know I have such a tender partner and with such even braiding fingers too!

My pleasure, Elizabeth! I enjoyed the braiding itself as well as the time together. It had been a long time since I'd braided your hair and I had forgotten how much fun that it [is]. We will do this more often!

Love,
Bill D.

hs_atreides
September 25th, 2011, 11:28 AM
My DH has mostly tolerated my hair moods over the years, only occasionally remarking that he prefers longer hair on me. The last time he mentioned his preference it was the push I needed to get serious about growing it out. He has been sweet during the awkward phases and lately been commenting a lot about the growth. :)

Vallena
September 25th, 2011, 07:10 PM
My pleasure, Elizabeth! I enjoyed the braiding itself as well as the time together. It had been a long time since I'd braided your hair and I had forgotten how much fun that it. We will do this more often!

Love,
Bill D.

D'aaaawwww! :heartbeat

I told DH my plans to grow my hair longer and his response was "Okay." Haha! While he likes my hair, he says I should whatever makes me happier, even though he prefers shorter hair. He loves the smell of it though, and will steal my pillow when I get out of bed so he can keep smelling it. :crush:

Elia
September 25th, 2011, 11:26 PM
My boyfriend's supportive of me taking care of my hair....He has naturally gorgeous shoulder length hair. Smooth, full, shiny, he literally gets compliments everywhere he goes. After a while I sort of felt a little embarrassed (....ok fine, and jealous) about his hair being nicer than mine! So here I am, trying to grow it out healthy so it can at least compare to his! He also would probably help me henna if I wanted to....he said he actually really liked the earthy smell, saying I smelled like an "old book store" hehehe..:P (he loves reading books, hence why he likes it I guess? :D)

bbvt
September 26th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I have always had long hair and when I met my boyfriend I hadn't been really taking good care of it yet. But when I started to, he was really sweet by helping me comb/brush it (my hair is probably down to my tail bone and gets hard for me to comb when wet). Sometimes he likes to just stroke it or pat my head cause he's weird. Sometimes he even shampoos it for me if I'm too tired to lol..

macherie
September 26th, 2011, 11:39 PM
DH truly loves my long hair, and wants me to let it grow even longer, to knee length or even to the floor. I know my hair can easily do that but he doesn't know the burden that is to me. I really couldn't handle that.
I really don't 'allow' him to take part in the care of my hair, other than occasionally brushing - but I don't enjoy that as he's either too eager or nervous, like a teenager with his first girlfriend! He always asks me to put my hair up and buys pins and sticks (that I really don't like or use much)..........But I do like him to run his fingers through my hair, and his favorite kiss on the back of my neck.....................:)

MrsGuther
September 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I wish my husband would braid my hair for me! I've asked him to before, and he won't do it. I think he is afraid of hurting my scalp since I am tenderheaded and my hair gets tangled easily if not handled with lots of care.

Jing
September 27th, 2011, 08:24 AM
My fiancé just tries to eat it on a regular basis. It's not long enough to be braided yet, and I don't think he'd be much of a braider.

JuliaDancer
September 27th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I asked my boyfriend to braid my hair for the first time last night, and he did it very neatly and gently! I just had to explain the idea of folding the strands, and off he went. He'd never braided hair before, and he thought it was easy. Guess I know who will be braiding my hair before I go to bed from now on! =)

Alaia
September 27th, 2011, 09:24 AM
My DH does nothing with my hair.

He has brushed it in the past if I have asked him to, but he doesn't really think it achieves anything. I asked him once if he would braid it and he was all "Why?". He knows how to. Apparently he used to braid his mother's hair (which was not long).

He does seem to like flicking my braids around, though, from shoulder to shoulder (my shoulders). He flicked me in the eye the other day with my braid tassel :rolleyes:

Sunshineliz
September 27th, 2011, 10:15 AM
DH is afraid to touch my hair. When we first started dating my hair was about hip length and he brushed it. I don't know what possessed him to do so, but he rolled and wound my hair all up in the brush and it was stuck! It took me over an hour to get the brush out of my hair!:steam Needless to say I was NOT happy with him.

He still wants me to have long hair but he won't run his fingers through it, give me a scalp massage, brush it or anything fun. I rather wish he would-- I think he's learned his lesson by now.;) But the kids like to brush it and DD10 is learning to braid with it so I get SOMEONE to play with my hair.

Fairlight63
September 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM
My DH does nothing also with my hair. At least he doesn't make unwanted comments of cutting my hair any more.

vatikagirl
September 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
my DH once tried to massage my head and got lost.... lol... i know how can one get lost... but what happned is that he started massaging my scalp in circular motion and my hair covered his hand till wrists.... so he said "honey i think if i remove my hands now ... whole bunch will come off your head" the look on his face was hilarious... he was concerned that he shall be pull off my hair somehow... made me laugh... :)
that was the only time when he tried to help me in my hair care.... it is not that he is not willing... he is plain afraid. :))

queenofnight
September 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
What a cute topic.

My bf pretty much loves long hair, He has long blond hair himself.
I'm more of the "DGF". I fix his hair before work, When he gets
home and I brush and braid it before we go to bed.. He doesn't
do any of this for me though XD He just likes to complain about
my black hair being all over the place. It's his fault though.
He hates "messy curly up-dos" -That I happen to LOVE- so
he will wine and wine and wine until I put my hair down.
-I often keep it braided all day.-

He has brushed my hair a couple of times though,
I prefer to do all of this myself though. He brushes from
the root to the end.. I have delicate curly hair, Its a NO NO!

I'd never tell him no though, Haha its just sweet when he
actually does it, Even if he is doing it wrong XD

wooliswonderful
September 27th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Lately DH has been styling 15 yo DD's hair. She knows I don't like straightening her hair so I only do a halfway job. DH is a perfectionist and has more patience with her and gets it much straighter.

Amoretti
September 27th, 2011, 02:39 PM
DH isn't really interested in my hair. LOL. I'm fine with that because I'm not interested in his football either. :lol: He says I'd look hot with it at any length ;)

MagicAndMayhem
September 27th, 2011, 03:35 PM
My boyfriend will brush and work out all the knots in my hair for me since he knows I won't do it tehe.

Avital88
September 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
well i dont have a dh yet, but my dbf is really cute with my hair and i love it.. He plays with it all the time and brushed it once which he asked .. I really appreciate it that he is like thisr,calls me pocahontas and says that he loves my hair and never want me to cut it.
Its so touching,i almost get emotional of him playing with my hair, i guess because noone ever done it before besides myself :))

Nicci4
September 28th, 2011, 06:13 AM
My DH is an attention loving guy. He is always asking me to help with his grooming (wash back, trim goatee, cut hair etc) so when I asked him to brush my hair last night, he was very happy to be involved in my grooming! It was cute. I mentioned how I am interested in coloring my hair with henna and indigo. At first he thought I was nuts. I showed him some of the reading I have been looking at with instructional photos and he was all excited about the science of it all. And he wants to glop it on my hair for me because it looks like fun!
I am definitely looking forward to his involvement in my hair care routine!

CathyEarnshaw
September 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
My husband has no interest in my hair. In fact, he doesn't like it long. I had it short all of my life and this is the longest it's ever been. He's told me that he liked it better short.

LittleOrca
September 28th, 2011, 07:42 PM
My fiancé loves to put argan oil in my hair for me and brush it through with my TT. He loves how it smells and will feel after it's done. He has never braided my hair before, since he doesn't know how to, but he does do other little things for me with hair care, especially when I am sick.

Crysta
September 28th, 2011, 09:24 PM
DBF is always running his fingers through my hair, gently pulls out any tangles he comes across, I think it's really sweet and I love the way it feels when people mess with my hair - like using a BBB, but nicer.

naturegirl321
October 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Although my husband loved when I had long hair, he just told me the other night that I shoudl cut it short (because that was the way it was when we met) and dye it blonde. I guess his mom said that I could get away with blonde hair. Supposedly I'm light, well, compared to her, BUt with dark hair, eyes and olive skin, I think I'd end up being labeled.

Vanille_
October 7th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I've been with my DH for nine and a half years. When we met my hair was long and he was very protective of it's lengths.

I surprised him one day and cut it short. He liked it. But now that I am growing it back out, he insists that I leave it down and not cut it.

Hehe, it's nice that he cares so much. I'm sure he would do anything to my hair except cut it.

The only thing that bothers me is he wants me to go blond at least once just so he can say he's dated a blond. Not going to happen lolz

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM
The BF likes to run his fingers through my hair or massage my scalp randomly, or when were laying in bed and he thinks im sleeping. Its quite cute. Haha. Hes very supportive of me growing my hair out, since I wore extensions when we met, and he hated them because he couldnt run his fingers through, which he LOVES to do. But now, hes very fond of the idea of me having NATURALLY longer hair. He just hates how I have it up so often. But i promised him when I got to goal I would wear it down for him :)

PixxieStix
October 8th, 2011, 06:06 PM
My FH is actually the entire reason I am growing out my hair. He loves it, and for the first three years or so of our relationship, I was bald on and off. I'd get fed up with my hair pulling disorder, and decide to shave my head, try to grow out, have a relapse, shave again. He has been nothing if not incredibly supportive, and he really, really wanted me to grow my hair out "for real" this time, not just a few inches and then whack it off or shave it, etc. because 1) he finds long hair beautiful, 2) he knows I used to have long hair and that I truly miss it but had given up hope, 3) to him, me having my hair is a sign that I am healthy again. It means A LOT to him, and Lord knows I can't say no to that man, because he never asks for anything. So, the agreement was and still stands at this: every night when we go to bed I will get a scalp massage if I haven't pulled out any hair that day. He loves to brush my hair, run his fingers through it, admire it, and even agreed to learn how to help me braid it and put it in updos when it's long enough to do so again. He is going to help me henna my hair tomorrow, with no complaints. He is super supportive of my hair goals, and he is growing out his hair long again as well ( it was nearly TBL when we first started dating). So, yeah, he is a total sweetie when it comes to my hair, and is even happy to pick up oils for me or buy me things I may want to try.

LadyArwen
May 20th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Me too! I am growing out my hair for my future husband (who I hope I am dating)! He is a funny one. He shared with me that he is not really attracted to women who are more tomboys (nothing wrong if you are!) and how he goes crazy over things like lace and feminine women. He doesn't comment a lot on my hair, but he did offer to braid it sometime! Maybe on our next date lol.

He said something funny though "Be careful wearing your hair long and curly around single men...it has a powerful effect on us...please be sensitive!" So I am starting to wear it up in a flexi while in public more, and maybe down just for him...

Aredhel
May 20th, 2018, 03:32 PM
I noticed this thread is from 2011, but since the OP is still active... :)

Yesterday I let my husband braid my hair for the first time. He has never asked and the way it came about was sort of random.

NO ONE has ever braided my hair before, nor brushed my hair. I was scared at first. LOL.

To my surprise, when he was brushing my hair, I had to scoot to the back of the stool because my hair goes past the bottom (I thought it was barely brushing the seat!).

He braided it very oddly. We are talking just a regular 3 strand braid (my sleep braid) but he takes 3 sections and then takes the outer two and crosses them underneath the middle one, then proceeds to braid strand over strand as usual. This created a weird effect where the braid starts and, amazingly, somehow makes the braid pull evenly (ya know how sometimes one strand is tighter or all the braid weight hangs off one strand?).

Anyway, he braided it 3 times for practice, the last being the way I would do it. I thought that was sweet! He has only recently expressed interest in my hair, not too long ago telling me he didn't want me to ever cut it, maybe a couple inches a year to remove damaged ends. I think he has actually become protective of my hair like I have!

Also, he is always interested in hearing what TLHC has to say and even wanted me to post this! lol

So how involved is you S.O. with your hair?

My fiance enjoys my long hair (not much more than if I had it short though, he thinks any length would suit me). I'd never let him braid or comb it though... I had to teach him how to comb and handle his own hair to minimize damage. :lol:

Groovy Granny
May 20th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Mine 'likes' my hair and I get more compliments now that it is at goal, but he is not into hair...just supportive that I style it and grow it as I like :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2018, 03:25 AM
Mine is not "into" hair. He is just happy for me to have it any way I want it, whether it is a shaved head or floor length.

My inner 5 year old wishes he would compliment it though :p

nycelle
May 21st, 2018, 05:55 AM
Mine is not a fan of very long hair (waist and longer), he thinks it's old fashioned. That's fine though, we all have our preferences.

Julescarm
May 21st, 2018, 07:05 AM
I've been wanting my DH to brush my hair but Havnt gotten the nerve to ask him. When I go I to labor he will braid or put my hair up. He loves seeing my hair and loves seeing it up. I find that sweet.

pili
May 21st, 2018, 08:24 AM
DH loves my hair long. He actually hates short hair. Though when I cut it into a pixie he did not say anything. I did get less compliments though. Once I grew it out and declared I was going super long he was relieved and encouraging. I don't like others styling or doing things to my hair, but he loved running his hand over it.

AutobotsAttack
May 21st, 2018, 11:55 AM
It’s been a cool adventure with my husband and myself.

Concerning our hair, it’s a whole new learning experience everyday. Since we have differing hair and come from different ethnicities and cultures (He’s of Irish/European descent e.g white, and I’m of African/Caribbean descent e.g black).

We spend a fair amount of time touching and getting a feel for each other’s hair. We both have fine hair, but it’s pretty rad to see how fine hair can showcase itself in different textures. Right now my husband has taken a liking to cornrows and I’m learning new techniques for his hair type in order for them to stay and look nice, while not being too tight. I re-do them once a week. And his hair is very sleek and soft and doesn’t put up a fight like my hair can when I trying to twist/braid it.

Concerning his attitude towards my hair, when we first met It was the last year I was natural before going relaxed and he’d always ask me questions about my hair, and touch my coils, and ask what I did to it, etc. It’s the same thing now that I’m relaxed. I don’t really like combs and brushes in my hair, and I’ve gone comb/brush free since the beginning of this year, but on the occasion that I let my husband play in my hair, I let him spray moisturizer on my hair and gently massage it in, and apply a bit of Shea Butter to my ends. He’s very fascinated with the feel of my hair, since it’s not his own hair.

As it’s gotten longer He’s still just as fascinated. And as his hair has gotten longer I’ve become all the more fascinated with his hair as well.

On our relaxation days sometimes we just take turns learning about each others hair.

Beckstar
May 21st, 2018, 12:21 PM
My husband braided my hair once... Or rather knotted it. Lol. It was an awful mess to undo. I have no idea how he managed it. Never again.

LadyArwen
May 21st, 2018, 01:22 PM
My boyfriend and I talked about learning to brush and braid it. He was so happy :)

enting
May 21st, 2018, 03:24 PM
It’s been a cool adventure with my husband and myself.

Concerning our hair, it’s a whole new learning experience everyday. Since we have differing hair and come from different ethnicities and cultures (He’s of Irish/European descent e.g white, and I’m of African/Caribbean descent e.g black).

We spend a fair amount of time touching and getting a feel for each other’s hair. We both have fine hair, but it’s pretty rad to see how fine hair can showcase itself in different textures. Right now my husband has taken a liking to cornrows and I’m learning new techniques for his hair type in order for them to stay and look nice, while not being too tight. I re-do them once a week. And his hair is very sleek and soft and doesn’t put up a fight like my hair can when I trying to twist/braid it.

Concerning his attitude towards my hair, when we first met It was the last year I was natural before going relaxed and he’d always ask me questions about my hair, and touch my coils, and ask what I did to it, etc. It’s the same thing now that I’m relaxed. I don’t really like combs and brushes in my hair, and I’ve gone comb/brush free since the beginning of this year, but on the occasion that I let my husband play in my hair, I let him spray moisturizer on my hair and gently massage it in, and apply a bit of Shea Butter to my ends. He’s very fascinated with the feel of my hair, since it’s not his own hair.

As it’s gotten longer He’s still just as fascinated. And as his hair has gotten longer I’ve become all the more fascinated with his hair as well.

On our relaxation days sometimes we just take turns learning about each others hair.

You two sound just so sweet!

Vallena
May 21st, 2018, 03:30 PM
My husband seems to be vaguely aware that I have hair... ;)

Ligeia Noire
May 21st, 2018, 08:40 PM
Vallena that made my day.

Katsura
May 22nd, 2018, 03:43 AM
I don't get spontaneus compliments from my hubby, but he does have an opinion on anything I'm about to do to my hair. :D

LadyArwen
May 22nd, 2018, 08:46 AM
Could anyone share what their husbands do like about your hair?

nycelle
May 22nd, 2018, 08:58 AM

Mine loves my actual hair, the texture.

neko_kawaii
May 22nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
He likes that my favorite thing about my hair hobby is the engineering involved. He likes to tease me about where he finds my hair. He likes that I make my own decisions about my appearance.

Katsura
May 22nd, 2018, 10:05 AM

He likes the current color.

Queerantine
May 22nd, 2018, 10:19 AM
It has never even occurred to me to ask my wife to do anything with my hair. She had long hair (by lesbian standards, not by LHC standards). She's always been a ponytail under a hat kind of girl at work (horse trainer) or down and straight, but she is good at braiding (again, horse trainer) so I don't know why I never asked. She says she'll like whatever I do with my hair but I sense she has a preference for it long.

MidnightMoon
May 22nd, 2018, 12:51 PM
Mine doesn't care about my hair. He sometimes comments on why I don't cut it, style it or dye it. He also likes a picture of me with BSL blow dried copper (dyed) hair. My hair is naturally very dark brown, slightly wavy and currently past tailbone. I bet he thinks it's annoying how I always try to get it out of the way or thinks it's silly I care so much for it.

Cybercat
May 22nd, 2018, 07:41 PM
My husband loves my hair and the colors I do it in. He met me as my natural burnett. But I now dye to hide grey so play some with dark red browns and burgandy. When I mentioned this time cutting hair back to shoulder he asked why. So I decided to let it grow just to see how long I can get. I am at top of waist hoping for hip so I can bun it.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 22nd, 2018, 07:52 PM
DH thinks my hair is pretty. His general opinion on hair is that it's just something that grows on your head which is annoying because it needs to be cut all the time. Hair for him is just something that's "there".

AutobotsAttack
May 22nd, 2018, 10:21 PM
You two sound just so sweet!

Thank you Enting!

Katsura
May 22nd, 2018, 10:36 PM
DH thinks my hair is pretty. His general opinion on hair is that it's just something that grows on your head which is annoying because it needs to be cut all the time. Hair for him is just something that's "there".

My husband feels somewhat the same way about hair. His hair is incredibly dense (I always say he could be a hair donor), and he can't stand it when it grows longer, he says it's like sitting indoors with a fur hat on your head. I shave his head whenever he wants it, 1 mm hair suits him well too.

LadyArwen
May 22nd, 2018, 10:58 PM
Does anyone have a husband or bf who likes to touch or style your hair. Does hair bring you closer?

neko_kawaii
May 23rd, 2018, 07:29 AM
Does getting stuck because he is sleeping on my braid count?

LadyArwen
May 23rd, 2018, 08:11 AM
Does getting stuck because he is sleeping on my braid count?

uh oh!:agape:

Starchild494
May 23rd, 2018, 07:32 PM
My DH has made fun of me, I just don't think he understands. He knows my hair is important to me. He touches it all the time... has yet to give me a compliment lol I'm patiently waiting. My kids on the other hand loves my hair, especially my son, who loves to brush it! he's 2. Gets me to tickle him with it! My DH has massaged my scalp, brushed my hair, but only upon request...

LadyArwen
May 23rd, 2018, 08:36 PM
BTW, we have been married 10 years and are still on our honeymoon.

that is so sweet! I hope for that too someday

Julescarm
May 23rd, 2018, 10:49 PM
After almost three years of marriage, finally got up the courage to ask my husband, who is really sweet, to brush my hair. He was so gentle and finally remembered a way that his mom would brush her doll's hair. It worked good and he was surprised I waited so long to ask for something so simple. I carved a few hair sticks and am working on a hair fork and he loves seeing what I can do by hand.

LadyArwen
May 24th, 2018, 05:24 AM
After almost three years of marriage, finally got up the courage to ask my husband, who is really sweet, to brush my hair. He was so gentle and finally remembered a way that his mom would brush her doll's hair. It worked good and he was surprised I waited so long to ask for something so simple. I carved a few hair sticks and am working on a hair fork and he loves seeing what I can do by hand.

what a loving thing to do <3

copperlites
May 24th, 2018, 06:01 AM
Yes, my husband likes to touch my hair and stroke and play with it gently whilst watching TV or as I go to sleep at night. I know a lot of people here cringe at the thought of the mechanical damage but I find it relaxing and personally I would not enjoy having long hair if it’s always “off limits” and in a bun. My hair might not be in as good a shape as a result, but we are both getting pleasure out of something we find quite intimate so I’m not prepared to sacrifice that in order to have nicer, but untouchable, hair. He’s pretty good at blow drying, especially as he prefers it straight as it’s more touchable. He also is happy to trim it. He doesn’t enjoy washing , oiling or helping with Henna, though he will do oil scalp massages or henna if requested.

WyntreBlossom
May 24th, 2018, 07:36 AM
DH supports me wanting it long that's for sure. Occasionally ill ask him questions on if he agrees with some of the lifestyle decisions/changes i'm making and just kinda touch based with him. But other than that, he isn't really involved with my hair/personal care. He does like playing with my hair gently at night though, like running his fingers through it. But. that's as far as that goes XD.

Luna Starsetta
February 3rd, 2019, 07:47 PM
My DH has gotten very into my hair recently he will braid it for me He may also learn to French braid for summer time....just today offered to learn how to S/D my hair which would be so helpful! I brought up this forum and how sweet it was and how involved the SO where with their long hair and he saw how I reacted. Him being the sweet guy he is offered to do a few things for me. He measures my hair he gives me scalp massages when we watch TV. He really is so amazing and gentle.