PDA

View Full Version : Found an Updo that I Like--But How to Hold it?

UrbanEast
July 2nd, 2008, 12:14 AM
I'd like to hold the following updo. It starts with the first 3 steps of the inside out bun: Put hair back, loop it over your hand, and then wrap the rest of the length around the base of the loop. (MaidMarian has instructions with photos:

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1227935&postcount=216

Except: In my version, the initial loop is made at ear level instead of at nape. Also, I don't twist. )

Now, after step 3 (wrapping the hair around the base of the loop), hold the circle of wrapped hair with both hands and let the loop drop. What you have is a small folded over ponytail with a bunch of hair wrapped around it. It looks a bit like a Gibson tuck and is very cute on me.

I really want to hold this with a Flexi 8, but even the extra large is too small to hold all that wrapped hair at ear level. So I'm hoping to find some "invisible" way of holding it (like bobby pins or Magic Grip hairpins) so that I can put a Flexi 8 or barrette over it for decorative purposes.

Sorry for the long post. If you have any ideas on how to make this work, please tell!

Hypnotica
July 2nd, 2008, 01:52 AM
Before every one else bugs you about it: PICS! PICS! :D

I think pins probably are a good way to hold it.

paradoxx
July 2nd, 2008, 02:30 AM
I agree with Hypnotica: pins are the answer! I always loved looking at Maid Marian's photo journal. Now, I am so sad, because I've never seen her on the new LHC! :wail:

FrannyG
July 2nd, 2008, 04:35 AM
I agree with the others. Pins, maybe the Good Hair Days or Scunci Magic Grip pins, and of course, pics. Pins and pics. In that order. :)

frizzinator
July 2nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
I got this style to hold with a BiNe fork once, but I could never get it to work again. I resorted to making something similar, by using a ponytail elastic and pulling the length through the first time, then looping the length in the second twist of the elastic. Wrap the tail around the loop and secure it with a bobby pin or a mini claw. It's a chignon made higher up on the head.

UrbanEast
July 2nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
When I figure out how to position my cell phone camera correctly, I'll post pics.

I've never figured out how to use those Magic Grip pins. Do you slide them into the "circle" or hair and then down through the bottom, like a hair stick? I've never gotten them to work.