PDA

View Full Version : My first-ever hairstick style!

teal
September 22nd, 2011, 02:37 PM
...and it's all thanks to you lovely ladies and gents! :disco:

Without LHC I wouldn't have learned so much and in such a short period of time about my hair and how to treat it right. I would have kept on neglecting it and probably would have cut it short by now if it weren't for you. So... here's to you! Thank you for being awesome! :toast:

Now... the hairstyle! I was going to wait for the fix to album uploads to be completed but I ran out of patience. So here we are.

Thanks to Madora, I've discovered how easy it is to put my hair into a Chinese braided bun! Observe my very first attempt:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/transitbum/Hair/chinesebraidedbun_19sep2011.jpg

Not too shabby, eh? Here's the link to the video on how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJYzX4cbXU

This is parent-of-young-kids approved - that is to say, quick, easy and effective! (Well, almost... "Mommy, that's my chopstick! Can I have my chopstick?" D'oh! :p)

Kayla Nyx
September 22nd, 2011, 02:44 PM
Very nice! It looks really pretty.

Madora
September 22nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
...and it's all thanks to you lovely ladies and gents! :disco:

Without LHC I wouldn't have learned so much and in such a short period of time about my hair and how to treat it right. I would have kept on neglecting it and probably would have cut it short by now if it weren't for you. So... here's to you! Thank you for being awesome! :toast:

Now... the hairstyle! I was going to wait for the fix to album uploads to be completed but I ran out of patience. So here we are.

Thanks to Madora, I've discovered how easy it is to put my hair into a Chinese braided bun! Observe my very first attempt:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/transitbum/Hair/chinesebraidedbun_19sep2011.jpg

Not too shabby, eh? Here's the link to the video on how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJYzX4cbXU

This is parent-of-young-kids approved - that is to say, quick, easy and effective! (Well, almost... "Mommy, that's my chopstick! Can I have my chopstick?" D'oh! :p)

Wow, Teal, your Chinese braided bun looks smashing! So glossy and beautiful! Way to go!

Cania
September 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Oh, this is beautiful! Thank you for sharing, and your hair is gorgeous :)

Xi
September 22nd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Lovely, teal! A most elegant bun.:blossom:

Heartwillfollow
September 22nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for shareing :) looks beautiful on you !

greentealeaf
September 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
Looks great! If that's your first try, I can only imagine what's to come! :p

LalahRose
September 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Beautiful! What a gloriously rich, shiny color - really looks smashing in a braid!

Slinks
September 22nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
:-) looks really good .. it was one of the first I learned to do too, I love the look and use it often in half ups too .. congrats !!

annieangel149
September 22nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
:thud:awww that looks so good! I love the braided chinese bun and thats the first one im going to try on my hair when it gets long enough! your hair is so shiny :D

dRummie
September 22nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
What a coincidence, I just tried this bun from the same video this morning! I don't have enough length for it yet, but yours looks really great! :)

teal
September 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Thank you all for the lovely compliments! :flower:

The hair colour is natural. I have to say I've really come to like it. Not that I ever hated it but I used to think it was rather bland. It's certainly quite dark for my skin tone. Or maybe it's my skin that's rather pale. I don't know.

The shine has become super-shine since I started using oils on my hair. (Details on that in my profile if you're interested.) The BBB may also be playing a role, though I only brush with it about once a week. More wonderful benefits gleaned from the omnipresent knowedge of the LHC collective!! :cheese: I tells ya, you guys are the bestest! The search function on this forum is like Father Christmas... bringing me presents whenever I ask! :D

Cassie 123
September 22nd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Very pretty! Let me know if you figure out how to avoid poking the little ones with the stick.

embee
September 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Very nice updo! Looks good, looks complex and difficult. How nice that appearances can be deceiving, right? :D

Kindredraeven
September 22nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
I love this bun, I used to do it all the time for my mom. It's easy and looks awesome!!!

Airmide
September 22nd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Wow, that's your first try? It looks awesome! It makes your hair look super long too.

wooliswonderful
September 22nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Very Pretty! I love braids in updos. :)

Toiréasa
September 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Ooh I love it you did a great job, I though it looked complicated but after watching the video I think I might be able to do this hopeful I have enough length thanks for sharing.

archel
September 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
AHHH this is GORGEOUS! So jealous that you have the length to do it! :-D