PDA

View Full Version : Hair update (pics) and what I want :)

UltraBella
September 21st, 2011, 11:26 PM
Some of you may remember when I cut my hair to BSL in the middle of June. I am now at waist again. Not quite sure when that happened, I haven't been paying much attention honestly. I really don't want any more length and I am considering invoking the two week rule and cutting again.
This time, I want crazy amounts of layers ! I took a pic out of one of our hair magazines to share with you all, so you can see the look I want.
(Also, I realized my hair always grows back into it's U shaped hem all on it's own and I just love that.)

Here is my hair mid-June :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_1054.jpg

Here is my hair tonight. Excuse the greasy look, I just got home from Zumba and I was a sweaty wreck :)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/8a10a738.jpg

Here is what I am longing for :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/aaf96688.jpg

So, any support or do you all think I am nuts ? ;)

uptosomeone
September 21st, 2011, 11:30 PM
In my opinion you have the ideal hair type for that type of cut...it would look really nice on you!

fluffybunny
September 21st, 2011, 11:42 PM
Go for it! I remember how happy you were with the last change.

Lisa R
September 21st, 2011, 11:42 PM
I always love it when you post a thread!! I love seeing what you are doing with you hair or what changes you might want to make:)

I love the style you are looking at possibly doing. I love the look of all those flicked out layers. It looks as though it might take a bit of work to get it looking like the pic. Well, for my hair it would take blow drying and a round brush to get the layers flicked out. Not sure how much time you want to spend on your hair or what tools you're happy to use. With your hair's strength and versatility it probably wouldn't matter much what you do to it to get that look!!:) Lucky ducky:)

Well, I look forward to finding out what you decide. Either way you'll have drop dead gorgeous hair with or without that style!

ericthegreat
September 22nd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Honestly UltraBella, I really love your hair just as it is right now. I wouldn't cut it if I were you, especially this close to your friend's wedding. Didn't your friend say that she specifically wanted you to keep your hair long for her wedding? ;) Its your duty as a good bridesmaid to honor her wishes!!!

That, and since you are so genetically blessed to have such beautiful, thick, lush locks, which so many other members here would kill to have, it would be a damn shame for you to cut it. So many of them dream of living vicariously thro your gorgeous hair!!

pennyroyal
September 22nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
Wow! Your hair grows so fast & it's so beautiful!

I love that cut & I think it would look amazing on you if that's what you want but it looks wonderful now too.

clarinette
September 22nd, 2011, 12:12 AM
I'm with ericthegreat on this, but that might just be because i'm in a "cutting?? who would cut HAIR??" phase, so , technically, a lack of empathy on my part. The haircut is beautiful and you would rock it, though. Your hair looks gorgeous at BSL, it looks gorgeous at waist too....but you've cut your hair at BSL recently and were delighted with it, so I say, you know what BSL layers look like on you (awesome) and won't be surprized with the result unless the hairdresser screws the cut up. So why not, go for it it that's what you want.

Cowgirl16
September 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Honestly UltraBella, I really love your hair just as it is right now. I wouldn't cut it if I were you, especially this close to your friend's wedding. Didn't your friend say that she specifically wanted you to keep your hair long for her wedding? ;) Its your duty as a good bridesmaid to honor her wishes!!!

That, and since you are so genetically blessed to have such beautiful, thick, lush locks, which so many other members here would kill to have, it would be a damn shame for you to cut it. So many of them dream of living vicariously thro your gorgeous hair!!

I think you should wait until after your friends wedding if that is what you agreed upon.

I have to admit that I am one of the people who wish their hair had half the body that yours does. As a once thick haired girl, I know how heavy all that hair gets...I think the new hairstyle would look great on you :D

ebba
September 22nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
i would look great either way

longhairedlady
September 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Nooooo dont cut it!! Its sooooooo perfect!! :D I am sure you would look pretty with that cut too! I say do what makes you happy. :)

Lostsoule77
September 22nd, 2011, 12:38 AM
As much as I love your hair longer it is on your head not mine. I think that cut would look amazing on you. I do have to agree with the others that you should wait until after your friends wedding. It's not that far off and you'd have more options for styles with the longer hair.

Either way your hair will be back to bsl about, what, 3 months after you cut it to this length? :)

Eolan
September 22nd, 2011, 12:41 AM
Woman, WHAT are you eating!? You grew all that hair in three months? Can I have some of your genes, pretty please? :p;):)

I think you should do whatever you want with your hair. I mean, your hair can't look bad. And since it seems to grow like that Barbie dolls hair that you sort of screwed out of her head, it will grow out in no time if you should not like the cut. I love that picture of the cut you are longing for, with the flips and all. It's hot. :D

Sundial
September 22nd, 2011, 12:53 AM
I love your hair as it is, but I'd also like to think that you can have fun with your hair so I'd vote for you to go crazy with it especially since your hair seems to grow really fast :p it's nice to experiment once in a while so that you will know what works for you.

But as previous posters pointed out, it may be best to wait till after your friend's wedding before you take the plunge! You wouldn't want permanent records of any haircut disaster on photographs would you? :p

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 12:54 AM
I think you should wait until after your friends wedding if that is what you agreed upon.

I have to admit that I am one of the people who wish their hair had half the body that yours does. As a once thick haired girl, I know how heavy all that hair gets...I think the new hairstyle would look great on you :D

She wanted me to keep it TBL, but I just couldn't do it. Frankly, it's her wedding but it's my hair. She has changed her mind on my bridesmaid dress, my shoes, my jewelry...... she's not deciding this for me. The hair is mine ;)

As much as I love your hair longer it is on your head not mine. I think that cut would look amazing on you. I do have to agree with the others that you should wait until after your friends wedding. It's not that far off and you'd have more options for styles with the longer hair.

Either way your hair will be back to bsl about, what, 3 months after you cut it to this length? :)

I won't even want to style my own hair after I get done with the bride, the other bridesmaid, the mother of the bride... I am being put to work !

Woman, WHAT are you eating!? You grew all that hair in three months? Can I have some of your genes, pretty please? :p;):)

I looked at my post about it and yep, the evening of June 14th was the big trim. It's always grown this way and I know many people here would LOVE to grow that quickly, but it's a nuisance for me personally. It's a lot of hair to deal with, all those layers are looking very appealing. Plus, the hemline isn't that much shorter than when I cut it before.

Safira
September 22nd, 2011, 12:58 AM
Some of you may remember when I cut my hair to BSL in the middle of June. I am now at waist again. Not quite sure when that happened, I haven't been paying much attention honestly. I really don't want any more length and I am considering invoking the two week rule and cutting again.
This time, I want crazy amounts of layers ! I took a pic out of one of our hair magazines to share with you all, so you can see the look I want.
(Also, I realized my hair always grows back into it's U shaped hem all on it's own and I just love that.)

Here is my hair mid-June :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_1054.jpg

Here is my hair tonight. Excuse the greasy look, I just got home from Zumba and I was a sweaty wreck :)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/8a10a738.jpg

Here is what I am longing for :

So, any support or do you all think I am nuts ? ;)

Your hair is amazing, I love it! And that style is gorgeus. If you want to try, you should, maybe a bit longer?

Eolan
September 22nd, 2011, 01:18 AM
I looked at my post about it and yep, the evening of June 14th was the big trim. It's always grown this way and I know many people here would LOVE to grow that quickly, but it's a nuisance for me personally. It's a lot of hair to deal with, all those layers are looking very appealing. Plus, the hemline isn't that much shorter than when I cut it before.

This summer I thought my hair was a royal pain in the behind, and yours is probably twice as thick as mine. So I can understand if it's just too much to deal with in some ways.

I think it sounds like you have made up your mind already. :)

annieangel149
September 22nd, 2011, 01:33 AM
oh my god! Im just loving the hairstyle! Love love love it! :D
I love the bangs and the flips! You have to get it done girl and post pic for us to see :cheese:

Toadstool
September 22nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
I think it's a lovely hairstyle, and ideal for your hair :-)

Mesmerise
September 22nd, 2011, 01:39 AM
Well Ultrabella, your hair is awesome in all ways :) It also grows so fast, that even if you didn't like your new cut, it wouldn't take too long to grow back to normal ;).

I'd say go for it!

Nera
September 22nd, 2011, 03:46 AM
I think that haircut would look great on you, especially with your type of hair. !

Lianna
September 22nd, 2011, 03:55 AM
So nice to see an update. :) Your hair now is my goal, U shaped waist. But I'd also vote yes on the new hairstyle, if you don't like it, it grows fast and it's still long anyway.

Libbylou
September 22nd, 2011, 04:21 AM
Your hair is so pretty the way it is. I say don't cut it. Layers are a royal pain to grow out if you do not like them. I love your hair now and would give anything to have it.

Toiréasa
September 22nd, 2011, 04:53 AM
First off your hair is gorgeous,but I think how every you decide to cut it it will be beautiful and with that amazing growth you would not have to wait long before it grew out again if you absolutely hate it .

hanne jensen
September 22nd, 2011, 05:11 AM
Your hair is just beautiful!

Are you a petite lady? BSL to waist in 3 months??? C'mon, share your growing secret. Pleeeeeeeeease?

embee
September 22nd, 2011, 05:20 AM
Your hair is just naturally right for that layers/flips style. I could not ever do it, not even with a perm.

I still think you might wait until after the wedding, as all those layers might be a b***h to deal with if you wanted an updo for that (or the evening before, or the party after). But perhaps that won't be a problem for you.

For sure if you don't like all the layers or they are a pain to deal with every day, you'll grow them out quickly - which is more than I would do. It would take me 5 years to grow them out. ;)

pink.sara
September 22nd, 2011, 05:34 AM
Love that hairstyle!
I thinks it's perfect for your hair and face, also having had superthick waist hair I can say it's ALL about the layers! They totally help with manageability. Plus if you hate it, it'll be U-shaped and waist again with 5 months of no trims!!
Pics if you do please :)

I really wish mine still grew that fast!

Carolyn
September 22nd, 2011, 06:31 AM
Holy crap, your hair grows fast! It would take me 2 years to gain that much length :cry:

McFearless
September 22nd, 2011, 06:41 AM
I think that haircut is ugly. The one you have now is really great. Why not add more layers, lots of them, but stick with the movement you have right now? I'm not sure how to explain it in technical terms, but you have obvious layers and yet they blend into eachother smoothly.

McFearless
September 22nd, 2011, 06:44 AM

I don't think because she has gorgeous hair people envy that she has to keep it long. She always posts about loving layers and it clearly makes her happy. I think she should do whatever the heck she wants after waiting the two weeks to make sure.

ArienEllariel
September 22nd, 2011, 06:44 AM
I vote not to cut it.. I like your hair the way it is sooo much better than the style you want to cut it in.

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 06:47 AM
Are you a petite lady? BSL to waist in 3 months??? C'mon, share your growing secret. Pleeeeeeeeease?

No, I am 5'5" tall. The average American woman is 5'4". I am just a fast grower, always have been. My mother is the same and she is now 69 yrs old.

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 06:51 AM
I think that haircut is ugly. The one you have now is really great. Why not add more layers, lots of them, but stick with the movement you have right now? I'm not sure how to explain it in technical terms, but you have obvious layers and yet they blend into eachother smoothly.

The layers in the picture are just as blended, they just happen to be flipped out for the photo, it doesn't have to be styled like that. The only difference between those layers and mine is that they start quite a bit shorter and I have more hair than the model. Other than that, same exact cutting technique I already have.

misspurdy06
September 22nd, 2011, 06:53 AM
The goal haircut is borderline a shag. The shorter layers come up very high. Unless styled it could end up looking like an 80's mom haircut. It's pretty but potentially problematic. Your hair is perfect as is.

McFearless
September 22nd, 2011, 06:54 AM
The layers in the picture are just as blended, they just happen to be flipped out for the photo, it doesn't have to be styled like that. The only difference between those layers and mine is that they start quite a bit shorter and I have more hair than the model. Other than that, same exact cutting technique I already have.
Oh okay. As a curly, my hair naturally is all over the place and I hear people on here talk about their hair flipping around, didnt think that the model had it styled that way. In that case I say go for it. Seriously!

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 06:59 AM
The goal haircut is borderline a shag. The shorter layers come up very high. Unless styled it could end up looking like an 80's mom haircut. It's pretty but potentially problematic. Your hair is perfect as is.

Lol, it's actually not. There is nothing shag about it. It is just heavily layered. All her volume is still there in her lengths, for a shag it would not be. And considering how much hair I have, it would be even fuller. No 80's hair, although I rocked me some 80's hair back in the day...........

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Hey, LOOK !! Giant scary pic of a much younger me ! My face looks really goofy in this pic, lol.

I actually had this haircut -years and years ago ! My length would have to be a tad bit shorter to accommodate the shortest top layers, but that's fine. I totally forgot about this crappy photo. But, flip my ends out and PRESTO - hair I desire. Must. Have. It. Again.

(Except the color, I am no longer doing full head color applications. My roots are apparent within a week -I swear. Only foiled in highlights and low lights from now on.)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/Oct2007008.jpg

racrane
September 22nd, 2011, 07:25 AM
I love your hair, no matter the length. That said, I prefer your with WL hair and others do too. But we don't have your hair. If you want lots of layers, I say go for it. You can always change it in the future. :)

PeacenQuietGal
September 22nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
I think your own hair right now is way prettier than that cut!! I think you should visit the same stylist that you had in June and ask them to shape up your layers - that's it.

But no matter what - you'll still come out with A-MA-ZING hair, so, Enjoy :-)

spidermom
September 22nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Not a fan of the cut you want, but wow! Your hair looks great!

arc691
September 22nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/confetti.gif Farrah Fawcett's famous hairstyle! I've always loved it!

Now for your question...

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20Smilies/cute-8.jpg Hmmm....

I think all the pictures you posted look so great! It's a hard choice to make! http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/7h-1.gif

Your hair is so gorgeous! But the haircut picture is really pretty, too. http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/kapper0.gif
http://http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/kapper0.gif
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/girlonloungechairwithiceddrink.gifI think your hair would look awesome in this style, and you could definitely wear it down all the time, if you wanted to.

So I say, if deep down inside it's what you want and you keep coming back to it, by all means, go for it! http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20Smilies/URock.gif

mrs_coffee
September 22nd, 2011, 08:07 AM
I think that hairstyle is cool, and yours grows so fast even if you don't love it as much as you thought it will be grown out in no time at all. I tend to be impulsive with my hair decisions, but I say go for it.

QueenJoey
September 22nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
I've always love that super layered style, but could never pull it off because my hair is so thin and falls flat. Go for it! Live my dream hair!

Trish in SC
September 22nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
I've been loving the style of your hair since I've been on LHC, which has only been about 3 months. I'd like my hair to look like yours someday! So, I'm totally biased and want you to keep it as is.

BUT....Sounds like you really want this new cut, and like others have said, it will grow back. Go for it, and take lots of pictures so we can see!

(if you get this new cut, send your old one to me! (hee, hee) ;))

Question: How long is the shortest layer in your hair right now? Longest?

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
I've been loving the style of your hair since I've been on LHC, which has only been about 3 months. I'd like my hair to look like yours someday! So, I'm totally biased and want you to keep it as is.

BUT....Sounds like you really want this new cut, and like others have said, it will grow back. Go for it, and take lots of pictures so we can see!

(if you get this new cut, send your old one to me! (hee, hee) ;))

Question: How long is the shortest layer in your hair right now? Longest?

Well, let's see...... *goes to take hair out of bun.........
My hair is now at waist and my shortest layers, other than bangs and face framing bits, are at shoulder.

I honestly wanted to cut my hair this way back in June, I decided I would be cautious and not go completely scissor happy, but I am still longing for it, so I think I should do it.

lapushka
September 22nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
I'd say go for it, if that's what you want. I like the layers in the first picture you posted, though. It's a really nice look!

bunzfan
September 22nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
Ultra bella when you work in a salon its hard not to want some of the gorgeous cuts that you see being done i know i once had waist length hair cut into a pixie. At the end of the day its your hair and you should do what makes you happy, i personally think that cut would look great on you.

heartgoesboom
September 22nd, 2011, 09:33 AM
that would look great on you! you're hair is pretty close to the style already.

your hair grows so fast! how many inches is that growth from june?!

edit - oh, i didn't realize the cut is even shorter than bsl... i thought it's close to bsl in the back. but i think with your hair being so thick and luscious, it's a very great cut... maybe it's because i always wanted that hair but didn't have as much hair!

Ginny Mae
September 22nd, 2011, 09:37 AM
I think it's a really pretty style, I love the movement in it. Just as long as you get a really good stylist to do it and graduate the layers nicely (last year I had a haircut with a chin length layer on top...the rest of my hair was still BSL and it looked awful because there was nothing in between, just two really thick layers!) As a compromise you could just have the shortest layer cut in at the front of your hair and leave the back layers a bit longer? I would find that to be more manageable, but I'm not the best at styling hair!

archel
September 22nd, 2011, 09:38 AM
I love it, but I would wait until after the wedding :)

Merewen
September 22nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
It would look good on you. :) The only concern I'd have is being able to put it up. I remember reading you put your hair up for work. Would that be difficult for you with the short layers? I know it would drive me nuts!

But likely you have already considered this, so if you want it, go for it!

mathnerd
September 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
I just wanted to say that your hair looks awesome just the way it is! :) Not saying you shouldn't change it or anything, but that it looks great now.

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
I made the appointment for Oct. 3rd. That gives me twelve days to think about it and if I change my mind, I will just have her trim it. Melissa is my personally stylist and she also works for me in my salon, I totally trust her and she has always cut my hair wonderfully.
The only thing I am concerned about is what I will have to do differently when putting it up for work. I have always managed to figure something out, but it will not be as easy.

ange1ito
September 22nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
I must admit I do like the layers. My daughter has hair like your's...while mummy is almost balding lol. The only problem my daughter encountered, was when it grew out it started to look a little messy. When it's first done it looks great. Think it would suit you too ;)

Mrspuddinhead
September 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM

I have to agree with Eric on this one. I openly admit I am one of those members that would kill to have hair such as yours. :D Reguardless of what you choose I'm sure you will look beautiful. :)

I am contemplating as to rather or not I want to cut to APL, seeing I'm only about 2 to 3 inch's away from waist. I have annoying face layers that just don't seem to be growing. My fringe on the other hand is catching up quite rapidly and is already half the length of my layers.

Shicurls
September 22nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
You have great hair!! I say go for the cut, it's gorgeous, and your hair grows quickly anyways!

YepLilly
September 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
I think your have a great haircut right now. But you have thick iii hair, so the new haircut will fit you pretty well too. I'm awesome at giving advice :p

PS. Kinda OT: I love the color on the picture of the haircut you're going for. I have dark brown hair, but if I decide to change it a bit, I would like to match a color like that.

MandyBeth
September 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
With your hair, that cut would look AMAZING!! My hair? Trainwreck.

I'd go for the cut, but not all at once with the shorter layers. I'd start with the mid to long layers with a few shorter layers, make sure you like it, then add in the rest. Because if you cut in the shorter layers and HATE them, the grow out is a PITA.

Darkhorse1
September 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
You'd look great with that cut! For me, layers are just a pain because I need a pull back and go hair style. But, you have the thickness that can handle major layers---I have a lot of hair, but not nearly as much as you! :)

Can't wait to see photos if you do go through with it :)

Yozhik
September 22nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Good luck with your appointment!

I was just about to say what you said -- isn't your go-to style a high bun? I don't know if you'd be able to contain it with those shorter layers. Nonetheless, if you really like that hairstyle, go for it! :flower:

Kome
September 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
You hair is so thick that I think it looks really good with all of those layers. I think you should go for it.

Cassie 123
September 22nd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Can I just say that I love the way your current U-hemline shows off your waist? It just makes you look so slender and gorgeous from behind. There is no other length or shape in the universe that could be more flattering on you.

As for layers - heck yeah. You've got enough hair for two people, you are good at styling it, and it grows fast anyway. So why not?

einna
September 22nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
I love that cut, espessially the bangs. I think it would be fantastic on you, with that hair and your expertice in the area. I actually tried rocking something similar a couple of years ago, but I wasent good enough with styling it and my waves were uncooperative. Looked good sometimes though...

CornishMaid
September 22nd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Wow UltraBella your hair is amazing! Beautiful, yes you could rock that hairstyle in the pic. I think your hair is gorgeous as it is. I actually swore out loud when I saw your pics of how much your hair has grown :thud: (good job the children are in bed).

Airmide
September 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
I'm torn! Your hair is so gorgeous and thick, I'd love to see how it looks even longer. But I'm secretly a little glad I won't have to deal with massive inferiority complex and hair envy of your hair getting as long as mine in a year and 5 times as thick lol.

I think you should do whatever you want! It seems as fast as your hair grows that it won't be as much of a commitment as it would for many of us. That being said, I really agree with Cassie_123. Waist length looks amazing on you! Maybe you could add in a lot more layers but still leave more of the length?

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
I am just picturing this hair cut - and then my hair rolled in my Caruso curlers. It gets me so excited that I wish she could cut it right now !!
This time I am keeping my U shaped hem, I really prefer it.

Stephanie
September 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I'm not a fan of how the hair is styled in your goal picture. I love layers, but not ones that stick out like that. It's too hard looking for my preference. That said, if the goal picture ends up looking like the last picture of you that you posted, I'd go for it in a heartbeat. I love lots of pretty, soft layers. Especially on an abundance of well cared for, shiny hair. My style, though, is very soft and romantic while others prefer trendier, edgier styles.

And honestly, in your shoes, with hair growing that fast, I'd just do whatever my heart desired with it. It grows back if you decide you don't like it. Have fun with it.

Alaia
September 22nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
If anyone could pull it off you could. I wouldn't do it myself, and it would probably take a lot of styling to look at it's best every day, but you have so much hair it should look fantastic!

And your hair grows like lightning anyway ;)

(Geez I cut my hair to 1" above waist in July and it doesn't feel like it's grown at all, and when I catch pictures of myself in shop windows it doesn't look like it's longer either :p )

utdesertrunner
September 22nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
I LOVE the layers! I think they would look great on you. And since your hair grows so fast....then if you don't like it, it will be grown out again soon.

I have always been a fan of lots of crazy messy layers.

kidari
September 22nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Personally I love that style of hair and I think that it would look amazing with your texture. All the layering if done well will help thin out the thickness of your hair and make it easier to manage and style as well as give movement. As long as you know your stylist will do a good job and you really want it- go for it! I'm already excited for pictures of your new cut! I have a haircut similar to that and I love the shorter layers so much that's pretty much the only thing that makes me hesitate about growing longer actually. The longer my hair gets the longer my layers should be and the less layers I should have or they should be more subtle. I wish I had more thickness and more waves and grew as fast as you! As far as updos go, messy ones work well, so do french twists. If your layers are really short then I found that dividing up the hair into two sections to put it up really helps make it secure. Cinnamon buns and tails up twists with the curly ends pinned down work too but I don't have a lot of hair so in your case maybe spin pins? If you like to wear your hair down and love getting trims to freshen up your layers (I can relate) then I think you would be in love with your new cut.

jojo
September 22nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
why can't i see pictures :( I love looking at your hair too bwaaaah!

wooliswonderful
September 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
I agree that while your current length looks amazing from the back, from the front I think BSL-ish layers are most becoming on you. Have fun with the new cut! :)

Cassie 123
September 22nd, 2011, 04:32 PM

Sorry jojo, it's because you still only have 8,808 posts. You'll have full membership privileges once you reach 10,000. :p

Lisa R
September 22nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
Jojo - make sure you are properly logged in. For some reason, yesterday my computer suddenly didn't have me logged in all the time at LHC like it normally is or it would time out quickly and log me off without me doing anything.

Hope you get to see the pics soon!:)

silverjen
September 22nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
Wow, people seem to have strong opinions about your hair, UB.

Me, I love it, crazy flicky layers and all. Go for it! And please, please post lots of photos!

(My sister has super thick hair, and I completely understand why layers would make you happy. Hers is a real challenge to style.)

<3OnHerSleeve
September 22nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Wow, I wish my hair growth was like yours!! 3 months from BSL to Waist! UB, your hair seems to look amazing no matter what length it is, and if your hair grows this fast, you can easily grow it long again if you don't care for the shorter length. I personally love layers and your hair obviously suits it so if you want to do it GO FOR IT.

error
September 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
You are fantastic and i ADORE you're beautiful hair :> . It really grew so quickly!

UltraBella
September 22nd, 2011, 09:30 PM

Did you see them yet ??

Thanks, EVERYONE, I appreciate all your comments ! I wish I could fast forward to the 3rd, I am 95% positive I am going for it.

ZeppHead
September 22nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Jeez, from someone who longs for hair like yours I say don't change it but its your hair and I think the style would suit you well.

Aimskylove
September 22nd, 2011, 10:02 PM
Love it! You can def rock that look! Your hair looks great btw!

jojo
September 23rd, 2011, 08:38 AM
:happydance::cheer: I can see them!:happydance::joy: wow your hair grows quick.

I think you should go for it, you have the thickness to carry it off wonderfully, your hair is made for layers. I love this look unfortunately my hair isn't thick enough but if your hair belonged to me id do it!

Now jojo is :pray: for some of UltraBella growth magic :stirpot: to reach the UK and find jojo's head! :magic:

Calaelen
September 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
I think you're gonna go for it, and it's going to look awesome. Just pretty please take lots of pics for us, and be sure to show us all the "looks" that can be done with it?:D

omgitssarah
September 23rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
UltraBella, I just wanted to let you know that the second picture in the first post is now saved in my "hair inspiration" folder - hopefully it'll help me to not chop back to pixie once I get into the awkward stages. Your hair is GORGEOUS whatever you do with it, seriously.

Cassie 123
September 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
UltraBella, I just wanted to let you know that the second picture in the first post is now saved in my "hair inspiration" folder - hopefully it'll help me to not chop back to pixie once I get into the awkward stages.

^^ me too!! :D Someday, someday..

UltraBella
September 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
UltraBella, I just wanted to let you know that the second picture in the first post is now saved in my "hair inspiration" folder - hopefully it'll help me to not chop back to pixie once I get into the awkward stages. Your hair is GORGEOUS whatever you do with it, seriously.

Oh, that's really sweet. Kinda makes me feel bad for wanting to cut it all off !

BrightEyes7
September 23rd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Gurllll... do it! You have the most awesome head of hair, actually I think you have like three heads of hair! LOL But you have enough hair that those layers would look AWESOME! And worse case scenario: you don't like it, wait a month for it to grow out and get it restyled. You have the absolute perfect hair for this cut: thick, full and voluminous!! OoOoOo... I'm excited to see the results. Your Caruso curls will be awesome with all that weight taken out! XD

The only thing I am concerned about is what I will have to do differently when putting it up for work. I have always managed to figure something out, but it will not be as easy.

I had pretty short layers a few years ago now... Putting it up higher on your head helps and also parting it in two sections. From the ears up in a triangle to the crown, you know?

numbernine
September 23rd, 2011, 12:13 PM
you have the perfect hair for that cut, so I say go for it !

dulce
September 23rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Your hair is so gorgeous it would look great either way!!

Red Rapunzel
September 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
My opinion: Your hair looks beautiful now and it already looks layered. The style you are considering has lots of shorter layers which to me spell high maintenance and trouble: Trouble controlling them, trouble styling them etc. I vote: Don't cut! I share with you my own experience of cutting before a wedding: As a teen, my mom had been hammering on me to cut my hair short from its shoulder length so I did so just before my brother's wedding - going to about 2" layers all over - the shortest I'd ever had! My mom cried when she saw it and I cried too. If you are hungering for layers such as are seen in the photo you present, just buy a layered wig - have fun with it and then when you get sick and tired of it, you can easily go back to your "old" gorgeous look!!

InTheCity
September 23rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
You would look gorgeous in that cut but I wonder if to make the layers stick out that way, there is heat involved. For the model there very well may be so you'll have to think about your own hair's habits - where ends flips, etc.

If your hair will fall right, I'd say go for it. Of course all of us on the boards will probably shed a single tear. The "what I would do for her long, thick hair... but she looks so pretty" kind :p

SusanSt
September 23rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Your hair is so beautiful and healthy-looking! I'd vote for you to leave it just like it is ;), but send us pictures if you do go for all the layers!

UltraBella
September 23rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
My opinion: Your hair looks beautiful now and it already looks layered. The style you are considering has lots of shorter layers which to me spell high maintenance and trouble: Trouble controlling them, trouble styling them etc. I vote: Don't cut! I share with you my own experience of cutting before a wedding: As a teen, my mom had been hammering on me to cut my hair short from its shoulder length so I did so just before my brother's wedding - going to about 2" layers all over - the shortest I'd ever had! My mom cried when she saw it and I cried too. If you are hungering for layers such as are seen in the photo you present, just buy a layered wig - have fun with it and then when you get sick and tired of it, you can easily go back to your "old" gorgeous look!!

My hair does really well with layers, it's actually easier for me to style my hair and deal with my hair the more layered it is.
The wig suggestion crack me up, there is no possible way to fit all my hair under a wig and I would be so overheated I would become an irritable monster !

You would look gorgeous in that cut but I wonder if to make the layers stick out that way, there is heat involved. For the model there very well may be so you'll have to think about your own hair's habits - where ends flips, etc.

I use heat when I want, I don't worry about damage. The picture is definitely heat styled and the flips are cute, but I wouldn't wear it like that all the time. Take away the flipped out bits and it's still a gorgeous cut, which is more of the reason I like it.

Your hair is so beautiful and healthy-looking! I'd vote for you to leave it just like it is ;), but send us pictures if you do go for all the layers!

Oh, there will be plenty of pictures ;) You all will get sick of looking at my hair !

xoxophelia
September 23rd, 2011, 11:52 PM
Looks like the trick to getting that updated layered style in the photo you posted will be getting the cut and styling of the bangs just right so they hang down and over instead of going up and then down to the side. Always had that issue with my bangs.. I think they didn't "start" far enough back (hard to know what exactly is bang with so many layers blended in though).

Looking forward to the photos. Since your hair grows so quickly anyways I really don't see any reason to not give it a try.

MajorasMask
September 23rd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Ohmigosh UltraBella that's amazing growth, I'm super jealous and happy for you at the same time ahaha. My goal is wait as well, except its going to take me 2 years ._.I think if you want layers, go for it because you can always grow them out anyways.

UltraBella
September 24th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Looks like the trick to getting that updated layered style in the photo you posted will be getting the cut and styling of the bangs just right so they hang down and over instead of going up and then down to the side. .

I don't know, I think the bangs might look cute the way you described. If everything was going back and tousled, a messy-sexy look kind of thing. Don't you think so ?

xoxophelia
September 24th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I think you could wear it a lot of different ways. When you are doing your hair wavy or in loose curls definitely a more messy bang. If you go for the edgy/flipped styling as in the photo, a deeper part and brushing them down could also be cute.

Altocumulus
September 24th, 2011, 05:49 AM
I think it would look great on you! My daughter has that cut, and it looks great with her super thick hair. When she wants to put it up, she just puts it in a messy pony bun, and lets the bangs and shortest side layers escape. She's 16, so she doesn't need a neat or professional look, but perhaps there is a more grown-up equivalent - a peacock twist, maybe?

Lisa R
September 24th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Ultrabella, we'll never get sick of seeing photo's of you and your gorgeous hair! I'm feeling a bit impatient for Oct 3 to come around. I can only imagine what you are going through with the waiting game!!:)

MiamiPineapple
September 24th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I love your hair now. It is one of my favorites on this site

Sunsailing
September 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM
(I didn't take time to read through all of the pages...)

If I remember correctly, you had a little issue with putting your hair up after your last cut. With this proposed cut, I would think it would be almost impossible.

So you're probably looking at A LOT more time spent every morning styling it. So think about your morning routine and time.

My opinion....your hair looks fantastic the way it is now. It would look good in the proposed style, but it looks fantastic in the current layered style.

I wonder if this proposed style is a stepping stone to continuous shorter lengths for you :D

UltraBella
September 25th, 2011, 09:30 PM
(I didn't take time to read through all of the pages...)

If I remember correctly, you had a little issue with putting your hair up after your last cut. With this proposed cut, I would think it would be almost impossible.

So you're probably looking at A LOT more time spent every morning styling it. So think about your morning routine and time.

My opinion....your hair looks fantastic the way it is now. It would look good in the proposed style, but it looks fantastic in the current layered style.

I wonder if this proposed style is a stepping stone to continuous shorter lengths for you :D

My hair was still long enough to do my every day bun after my last cut, I didn't have any problem putting it up. I was concerned I would lose my ability to do my bun just the way I like it, but it was easy.
I have had my hair heavily layered before and still had it up for work daily, I just had to modify my bun a bit. My only issue would be the front bangs and layers, when I have had pieces that short before I always had to pin them back or they would be in my face when I was leaning over a client.

GabrielleRose
September 25th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Your hair is absolutely STUNNING!!! I wish I could have some thick, luscious locks just like you. :agape:

Any who... The hair cut you want would look GORGEOUS on you, but like others say maybe you should wait till after your friend's wedding since she wanted you to have long locks but it's your hair so whatever you decide your hair will still look AWESOME!

I hope for more pics for whatever style you decide. :)

MrsGuther
September 25th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I think that haircut would look FABULOUS on you! You have gorgeous hair, and it grows super fast!

akuamoonmaui
September 25th, 2011, 11:27 PM
You could totally rock it! Go for it! Heck, even if you hated it, it'd be at waist again.... next week!! *so jealous* :)

Gulbahar
September 26th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I don't know if I like that hairstyle but you do apparently. So, I think, you should do it. Your hair grows so fast that if you don't like the cut on you after all it would take no time at all to grow it out again.
(Actually I prefer your hair as it is now, but that's just me... ;-) )

UltraBella
September 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Is it October 3rd yet !?!?!?!?! I can't stand the wait !!!!!!! I am an instant gratification kind of girl.......

spidermom
September 28th, 2011, 06:05 PM
That used to be me. Once I saw a cut I wanted, I couldn't WAIT. A lot of them were big mistakes.

UltraBella
September 28th, 2011, 06:26 PM
That used to be me. Once I saw a cut I wanted, I couldn't WAIT. A lot of them were big mistakes.

I haven't had a big mistake in about 13 years, thank god !!!! I did cut my bangs a bit too thick about six years ago, I did it myself so there was no one else to blame. I got a lot of compliments on them but I really hadn't thought it through, the thickness was a total pain.

Lisa R
September 28th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I wish it was Oct 3 as well! I can't wait to see the results:) I won't have access to a computer for a little while - right when you get your haircut. Darn! I will jump on at an internet cafe or something just so I can see the pics:)

vatikagirl
September 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM
goodness i envy ur hair.... yours are perfect as of now.... but do as ur heart says... trust ur gut..

lillikins
September 28th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Good gracious your hair grew fast! :o

I don't think you're nuts at all. :) That would look great on you

Mairéad
September 28th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I think that haircut was made for your hair. If you're still up to by the two week wait, why not? I know we're to grow hair but hair grows back!

UltraBella
September 28th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I think that haircut was made for your hair. If you're still up to by the two week wait, why not? I know we're to grow hair but hair grows back!

I agree ! Yep, I am doing it ! Monday afternoon is my appointment so I will have pics up that evening :)

MrsGuther
September 28th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Oh UltraBella, you have my dream hair!! You, and your hair are so gorgeous!!! :)

Debra83
September 29th, 2011, 12:04 AM
:agape: WOW! I can't believe how fast your hair grows!!!! I wouldn't cut if I were you!!! AND I wish I were you!!!!! But, since you have The Incredible Growing hair that I long for....you may as well be happy with it!!!! :D Post pics!!!!

Juneii
September 29th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Go for it! (although I see from the above posts you are going to get it done soon) Your hair grows fast so why not experiment and find out? If you don't like it your hair will be back to the length you like it to be pretty soon anyway.

Desideira
September 29th, 2011, 02:06 AM
This haircut seems to be made for you:D

And I must say that you inspired me...I would like this kind of style too..but i guess my type of hair is not made for it:(

UltraBella
September 29th, 2011, 07:56 AM
This haircut seems to be made for you:D

And I must say that you inspired me...I would like this kind of style too..but i guess my type of hair is not made for it:(

Are you sure about that ? Your hair looks beautiful - and thick enough to pull it off with the right layers. I think most people can get any look they are going for with an experienced stylist who knows how to take a particular style or look and adapt it to what works for your specific hair.

melmmo
September 29th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Ultrabella, your hair is so gorgeous! It's how I want my hair to look eventually. I think you will look great with the new cut, though, too!

honeyblonde
September 29th, 2011, 10:10 AM
This is my dream style!!! I love it! You have the perfect hair for this. My hair is too straight and fine for this :(

Calaelen
October 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Okay, I am on the edge of my seat wantin g to see how it turned out and if you changed the colour...c'mon UB let us know!!!

Desideira
October 5th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Are you sure about that ? Your hair looks beautiful - and thick enough to pull it off with the right layers. I think most people can get any look they are going for with an experienced stylist who knows how to take a particular style or look and adapt it to what works for your specific hair.

thank you for compliment:D

I am growing my hair for my weeding in july next year and I am a bit scared of experimenting. I want my hair to be as long as it can grow but also I would love some change:) I think the hardest part for me would be finding right hair stylist.

May I ask if this kind of style requires everyday heat styling?
Layers seems to me tricky-if hairstylist will do it right they can be wonderfull but if not done correctly they can look like a hair was thinned out or uneven.
But i must say i love a look of cascade of hair that right layers give.
Everytime I look at this picture i want layer so badly:cheese:

jenhow
October 5th, 2011, 12:46 AM
It's hard to imagine your hair could look any better than it does now but you should do whatever you want. Your hair obviously grows uber-quickly anyway so you don't need to worry,really.

UltraBella
October 5th, 2011, 12:51 AM
thank you for compliment:D

I am growing my hair for my weeding in july next year and I am a bit scared of experimenting. I want my hair to be as long as it can grow but also I would love some change:) I think the hardest part for me would be finding right hair stylist.

May I ask if this kind of style requires everyday heat styling?
Layers seems to me tricky-if hairstylist will do it right they can be wonderfull but if not done correctly they can look like a hair was thinned out or uneven.
But i must say i love a look of cascade of hair that right layers give.
Everytime I look at this picture i want layer so badly:cheese:

For me, it does not require heat styling at all. When I twist my hair into a bun at night, it curls my hair wonderfully. For layers, the right stylist is essential !

It's hard to imagine your hair could look any better than it does now but you should do whatever you want. Your hair obviously grows uber-quickly anyway so you don't need to worry,really.

Did you see the pics of my results ? They are in my thread here : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79483