PDA

View Full Version : Saw something hilarious in the hair toy aisle at Walgreens...

archel
September 21st, 2011, 08:53 PM
A kit to make a sock bun that costs 6 bucks!

Or you could, you know, roll up an old sock...:cheese:

sarahramen
September 21st, 2011, 08:55 PM
snort wow and i'll bet someone buys it too:poot:

racrane
September 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM
I saw that... I could just make one for myself for free.

sun-kissed
September 21st, 2011, 09:33 PM
Oh wow...:rollin:

einna
September 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
If anyone finds this online, pleease post a pic! :D

Night_Kitten
September 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
I saw a "hair doughnut" thingy meant for doing sock-buns in one of the local stores a couple of months ago, and as far as I know they actually managed to sell them...
I just made my own from a pair of socks I didn't wear anymore, LOL :)

buttercupmcgee
September 22nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
I own this! *hangs head in shame*

The reason I prefer it is because my sock rolls come unrolled easily--not sure what I'm doing wrong. Plus, the ones they sell have a nubby texture that my hair grips quickly and easily, cutting the styling time in half.

Cowgirl16
September 22nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
I have one AND homemade rolled up sock donuts. I like the one from Sally's best because it blends with my hair better :shrug:

WildEagle
September 22nd, 2011, 02:37 PM
Eeeps
I have one too! shudder:

I tried it once and can't use it again, I totally freaked out!
The texture of it felt awful and I had visions of it ripping out clumps of hair..it felt like it could be damaging. I think also I'm just gone waaaay too paranoid about what I use in my hair now though :o

Slinks
September 22nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
I saw a "hair doughnut" thingy meant for doing sock-buns in one of the local stores a couple of months ago, and as far as I know they actually managed to sell them...
I just made my own from a pair of socks I didn't wear anymore, LOL :)
:lol: me too and it was ugly !!

Slinks
September 22nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Eeeps
I have one too! shudder:

I tried it once and can't use it again, I totally freaked out!
The texture of it felt awful and I had visions of it ripping out clumps of hair..it felt like it could be damaging. I think also I'm just gone waaaay too paranoid about what I use in my hair now though :o
:lol: yep me too, I took one look at a youtube sockbun tutorial and thought there is no way I'm putting my hair thru that .. but many people like it .. I just can't help but cringe :rolleyes:

Airmide
September 22nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
I thought I was the only one who thought hair buns looked scary! I'm afraid it would tangle my hair horribly! But if I were going to do it, I'm cheap so I'd just use old socks.

AnnaJamila
September 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
I own this! *hangs head in shame*

The reason I prefer it is because my sock rolls come unrolled easily--not sure what I'm doing wrong. Plus, the ones they sell have a nubby texture that my hair grips quickly and easily, cutting the styling time in half.

ahem . . . I uh . . . I might have one of these things too . . . :o

Socks just refuse to stay in my hair.

ArienEllariel
September 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
I own it. Works better for sock buns for me anyways. :shrug:

archel
September 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Oh no, now I feel like a real hosebeast LOL - sorry to any of you who have it and like it better.

LOL! Throw cheese at me! :cheese:

Lianna
September 22nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Sure people buy it. Some might not want to have an actual sock in their hair. With this, it's more of a proper hair tool. I don't own it though, but it's cool.

ArienEllariel
September 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Oh no, now I feel like a real hosebeast LOL - sorry to any of you who have it and like it better.

LOL! Throw cheese at me! :cheese:

LOL it's fine really *throws cheese* :cheese::cheese::cheese:

I have no socks that match my hair color and this thing matches better. I must admit to hating the texture though. Very rough. But it holds my hair so oh well. :P

archel
September 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Ok then instead of me giggling at the $6 donut, you can all now laugh at me for wearing an old sock on my head. :-P

archel
September 22nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
I am waiting for the non-Americans to be all like "what the heck is a hosebeast?"

Alex Lou
September 22nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
I'm tempted to buy one now. I use a wool sock that I never wore. It's really soft and doesn't hold onto moisture like cotton, so I really like it. But it's bright purple and shows if I don't make the bun just right!

adiapalic
September 22nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
I don't mind an old sock in my hair. Heck, I've put all kinds of other crazy stuff in my hair thanks to the LHC! lol... :laugh:

Yozhik
September 22nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
I am waiting for the non-Americans to be all like "what the heck is a hosebeast?"

I am American, and I don't know what a hosebeast is. :o

DTsgirl
September 23rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Seconding the no idea what a hosebeast is.

owlathena
September 23rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
I've never heard of hosebeast either. Just urbandictionaried it. hmmm...I'll have to remember that one.

SarahKayfa
September 23rd, 2011, 07:25 PM
Has anyone seen the sister product of this, the mesh form that you use to do french twists? I have no idea how that would work.

ccmso12
September 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
okay, so I did buy the kit :) Dont laugh at me . . .I found a color to match my hair perfectly. Not only that but the "ring" is covered with a net type material that hold the hair better to do the 'over night sock curl' method.