PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dye Bleeding?

Shorty89
September 21st, 2011, 08:08 PM
I've had a big problem with my manic panic hair dye bleeding. I am used to it bleeding some - it's temporary after all. But, I've become really active and everytime I sweat I'm bleeding red hair dye. It's been over four weeks and this is still happening! :rolleyes:

I don't want to use perminant hair colour. I found that it fades and that my hair gets roughed up too much. As for henna, well, I don't really want something that perminant.

I've heard of something called a sealant that seals hair dye in, but I'm not sure if it would work on vegitable dyes like mp or what not. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Shorty89
September 22nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
No advice?

WinterButterfly
September 23rd, 2011, 02:52 AM
There are semi perminent dyes that won't bleed like the temporary ones. I would suggest though that you use some dandruff shampoo to get the temporary dye out. That way you won't sweat red. A semi perminent dye lasts longer and may stain hair for a while. Demi perminent are stronger and meant to last longer withouut as much damage as full on perminent ones. If you can, I would suggest not dying at all. If I sweat black from my hair color, I wouldn't use it. Too irritating. What is your natural color anyway? I bet that it is nice.

theodora
September 23rd, 2011, 04:58 AM
I've seen sealants in the UK (from the same brand that does colour removers). But it seems to be made to use with normal chemical dyes, not with MP which is a vegetable dye.
I've done an MP streak in my hair (strand testing before going the whole hog) and it has not bled whatsoever, following the advice I found online which is to use cold water only and always finish with a vinegar rinse to close the cuticle and seal the colour in. But the colour is pink so maybe red is different. Also I have bleached hair which is more likely to grab onto colour (if you're doing yours onto completely natural hair it might just sit on it). Not sure to be honest, I'm not a professional.