View Full Version : Crazy washing idea

buttercupmcgee
September 21st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Has anyone ever tried wrapping their length in a low bun, and covering it with a plastic bag or similar, and shampooing the roots and letting it run down over the plastic, so the ends stay dry?

I want to try something like this, where I don't even get the ends wet, but the entire root area is cleaned.

Thoughts?

mallorykay13
September 21st, 2011, 01:23 PM
It may be hard to keep the water from running down the hair shaft and into the bag...

buttercupmcgee
September 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM
I wonder about that. I think if I bun it securely with an elastic, then take two sandwich bags , wrap them tightly, and then wrap two elastics around those at the base of the bun, it may be ok.

Plus a little run off has to be less drying than full water exposure-

eshta
September 21st, 2011, 01:27 PM
I sometimes do scalp only washes, I loosely braid the length and hold the braid (tassle) in my hand and up and wash my scalp with a loose showerhead. Works great but I really have to take care to rinse well and it gives me more knots to comb out.

ETA I think there's a article about scalp only washes in the article section. A search will also bring up threads with more information.

LaurelSpring
September 21st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Check out the scalp washing threads. There are alot of great ideas there. If you wash your head in the sink with your head down your method should work. I have tried several different ways in the shower. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt. What works best for me is just holding the length wrapped around my wrist and washing my scalp with one hand in the sink.

Wavelength
September 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM
I've tried various methods but it seems to give me more tangles, especially around the nape. So I just coat the ends in conditioner and then carefully wash my scalp in the shower. I figure the ends are getting somewhat protected from the suds that way.

I never was good at washing my hair in the sink. I seem to get water absolutely everywhere, no matter how careful I try to be. :blushing:

buttercupmcgee
September 21st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Oh, thanks for pointing out the scalp washing threads, I thought I was the first-ever genius to think of this! I should have known the hair oracles of LHC had me beat. :o

I am terrible at washing in the sink, but will try a few methods and report back!