PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Sticks on Ebay

Cinnamon Hair
March 13th, 2008, 09:42 PM
This is hilarious to me. Check out the prices! Overly Optimistic eBay Seller (http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Wood-Creations) And can you imagine trying to use that 8 3/4" stick with the 2 huge discs (this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Large-Zebrawood-Ebony-Holly-Hair-Stick-Pin_W0QQitemZ270211290720QQihZ017QQcategoryZ45225Q QcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262)) in your hair? eek!

Neon Gloss
March 13th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Haha, nobody has even purchased a hair stick from that seller for more than $25, according to the feedback.

capelli lunghi
March 13th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Wow!.. Those certainly are unique! lol.. I actually kind of like this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Hand-Turned-Dymondwood-Cocobolo-Hair-Stick-Pin_W0QQitemZ270210917788QQihZ017QQcategoryZ45225Q QcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262).. only if it were thinner.. it looks like it would be a little top heavy.. lol

Starr
March 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Wow.:rolleyes:

I don't even know if most of those are even wearable. . .

longhairedfairy
March 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM
It's madness... lol

hrimfaxi
March 13th, 2008, 09:58 PM
They're all... very large. Interesting.

paradoxx
March 13th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I can imagine wearing one. I have sticks with toppers just as big. :shrug:

sweetkandi
March 13th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I cant believe the one is 165!

physicschick
March 14th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Wow! I always feel like monkthemonk's stuff is very wide, but it's probably not more than 1/2". These 2" sticks are bizarre!

zaftig2k
March 14th, 2008, 12:14 AM
This is hilarious to me. Check out the prices! Overly Optimistic eBay Seller (http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Wood-Creations) And can you imagine trying to use that 8 3/4" stick with the 2 huge discs (this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Large-Zebrawood-Ebony-Holly-Hair-Stick-Pin_W0QQitemZ270211290720QQihZ017QQcategoryZ45225Q QcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262)) in your hair? eek!

lol - My guess is that the person that makes these doesn't have long hair, and doesn't know anyone who has long hair. None of those look like they would work very well. Very strange.

Hypnotica
March 14th, 2008, 12:22 AM
;)I think some of the sticks are very nice!! But I don't get why the seller is writing in this way!! Annoying!!

j4zzin
March 14th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Those sticks would make nice pens...?

jessie58
March 14th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Do they come with a landing pad?

Cantabile
March 14th, 2008, 01:34 AM
The title states that it's a spinning top! :laugh: Though admittedly, some of those other hair sticks are pretty wide o_o

aisling
March 14th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I cant believe the one is 165!

It's not a hairstick either, it's a spinning top.

The hairsticks are too long and look too top heavy for me, I don't think most of them would work for me, this (http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Exotic-Pau-Rosa-Wood-Silverleaf-Stone-Hair-Stick_W0QQitemZ270216897249QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4522 5QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262) being an exception. That one is actually pretty nice.

zift
March 14th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Wow what are these! Very creative actually,they look cool but not wearable sorry 2" :bigeyes: Is he serious? Maybe for halloween...

physicschick
March 14th, 2008, 04:45 AM
The hairsticks are too long and look too top heavy for me, I don't think most of them would work for me, this (http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Exotic-Pau-Rosa-Wood-Silverleaf-Stone-Hair-Stick_W0QQitemZ270216897249QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4522 5QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262) being an exception. That one is actually pretty nice.

That one's pretty. It's also more reasonably priced. (Not my color, though.)

k_hepburn
March 14th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I actually think that these are quite gorgeous. And when it comes to prices, he is pretty much in line with MtM, 60th street or WoodbyC, isn't he? Graydogs, except for some pretty basic BINs, usually sell for a lot more.

I would be worried about the length, width and resulting weight of the sticks, too though...

katharine

bikerbraid
March 14th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Since wood is lighter than stones, I don't think they would be as top heavy as you might think. I like a lot of the styles. If you have exceptionally long hair (longer than classic), the extra length is greatly appreciated and you almost need a larger top on the stick so that it doesn't get "lost" with a large bun. Prices are also reasonable for hand made quality sticks made out of exotic woods.

lora410
March 14th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Some of them are nice looking but the width?? woow??I guess if you have really thcik long hair these woudl be ideal. Also they don't look nearly as long in the pict as he has noted..hmmm

Madam Librarian
March 14th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I looked at some of those not long ago when I was shopping for some nicer sticks. I prefer shorter sticks anyway, so these were just way over the top for me. The work is nice, and I do like some of the combinations of wood between the sticks and the toppers. They are just way too long. I could see how someone with much longer hair than I have would appreciate a big honkin stick like that though.

Wavelength
March 14th, 2008, 01:04 PM
;)I think some of the sticks are very nice!! But I don't get why the seller is writing in this way!! Annoying!!

I agree!! He needs to lay off the exclamation points!! Seriously!!! :rolleyes:

wendyg
March 14th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I think the widths refer to the toppers, not the sticks themselves.

wg

AmandaPanda
March 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I think the widths refer to the toppers, not the sticks themselves.

wg

That's still *very* big

Mely
March 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Here is a hair stick (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150213459100&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005#ebayphotohosting) I bought recently on ebay. Nothing very unusual, but it is a bit thicker than some.

It works very well, and it was quite reasonably priced. I've noticed that a lot of the people who used to make hair sticks seem to have switched over to crochet hooks. Maybe no one was buying hair sticks when the forum was down, and we weren't enabling each other. LOL

eadwine
March 15th, 2008, 01:29 AM
It's been going on longer than that. People were just not buying. Business has been very slow for many.

eresh
March 15th, 2008, 06:49 AM
LOL
Hm, not my cup of tea these ones.

SHELIAANN1969
March 15th, 2008, 07:04 AM
You know I saw these too, I guess theyere for more "flashy" looks.

You'd think the price would be a tad bit lower too, for competition purposes.

I have "stopped" all buying on ebay, and rerely even look so as not to be tempted!

I get overexcited when I see Graydog BIN's and my bank accound has suffered.

I do love looking at everyones lovlies on here though, its neat that we can see what everyone has,, even if we dont have the same things ourselves.

And I am such a plain Jane, (an expression my Granny tagged on me) I like plain, plain, plain! But to me, thats the beauty of my items, nothing fantastic or overwhelming, nothing flashy, just nice n plain for me.

eadwine
March 22nd, 2008, 04:19 AM
For what it is worth.. been keeping an eye on this one.. and this stick (http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Blue-Marble-Yellow-Swirl-Acrylic-Hair-Stick-Pin_W0QQitemZ270221929951QQihZ017QQ).. if only that wide dish was a bit smaller, it would make a lovely stick, those colors are wow!

jessie58
March 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
For what it is worth.. been keeping an eye on this one.. and this stick (http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Blue-Marble-Yellow-Swirl-Acrylic-Hair-Stick-Pin_W0QQitemZ270221929951QQihZ017QQ).. if only that wide dish was a bit smaller, it would make a lovely stick, those colors are wow!

That is a beautiful piece of art but as you say a bit large for a hairstick.

Patrycja
March 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
hey!! they belong in the Kapow bright hair toy thread LOL

this one is pretty but the tip looks really sharp.Maybe that's why the seller is Shark?? yeah-bad pun thing on my part

CatstyleMBelleK
March 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
I found this seller once when I was searching for hair-toy sellers in the feedback profile of someone who had out-bid me on something... though at the time he was not offering hair sticks, just the teensy-tiny vases. (Not sure what those are for, maybe a dollhouse.)

As a woodturner, I admire his skill in segmented-turning (that's tougher to do!) and I can look at these pieces and see why he has priced them so high, most of them probably took a lot of work, but I've seen most of these offered for a few months now.

They have wonderful technical merit, though. :shrug:

Mely
March 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Catstyle! Glad to see you back here, and on ebay too!

Regarding the other ebay seller (the one with the big flashy sticks), I just noticed he has a stick make of turned acrylic (http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Hand-Made-Spiderman-Acrylic-Hair-Stick-Pin-Pixi_W0QQitemZ270221904151QQihZ017QQcategoryZ45225 QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262). That's the first time I've seen a hair stick like this--though I've seen lots of crochet hooks made of this type of material.

MadHatter
March 22nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
D'ya think he'd be insulted if I put $5 as a Best Offer?

woodbyc
April 2nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hi MadHatter,

Regarding that bid you were contemplating, I think $5 would be ... at best ... uninformed.

The 5" piece of acrylic material he used in this turning would have COST HIM at least $5, depending on his source.

Since it sold for his opening price of $9.99 (plus a meager $2.50 for shipping)* he reaped a total of $12.49 for the sale.

Out of that he had to pay eBay $1.22 for the listing and final value fees. If the buyer used PayPal to settle, he would have been charged $0.65 to process the payment. And USPS postage would have been at least $1.65. If he purchases shipping cartons (as opposed to scrounging around for something used, or self-styled) that would have cost him another $0.35 or so, plus a few more cents for ink, paper, peanuts, and tape to print out packing list, label, and secure it all for safe shipping.

All together, then, his expense to process this eBay sale was probably about $3.90, leaving him with a "profit" of $6.10. But that's not really his profit...

I've turned that material; it's very hard and it can be tricky. The fumes it releases smell DEADLY. Sometimes it fractures and big chunks flake off. When it breaks near the end, there goes $5, up in fumes. And it probably took him 30 minutes to turn.

In addition, any artist intent on making a living will consider the time it takes (nevermind the know-how!!) to create the piece in the first place, then the time to photograph and list it online, and the time it takes to process all the paperwork and packaging, until the item is in the mail. (Even then, a conscientious seller will spend some time on followup, checking that their customer is satisfied, and leaving Feedback if they sell on eBay.)

With all those costs and time spent in mind, and understanding that current U.S. minimum wage is $8.07/hr, any craft artist who offers an opening bid of $9.99 is risking a big loss-leader, if the work doesn't get more than one bid.

Think about what your own time is worth, and how much you make an hour. Is it more than minimum wage, or are you on a salary? Do you have the skill to turn your own beautiful hair toys? Do you have the computer knowledge and a digital camera and know how to use the eBay marketplace? Has any mail-order catalog you've ever purchased from charged less than about $5.85 for shipping and handling? Is the world a better place when American craft artists can make a living selling their work to the public, online? Are you willing and able to help them along?

Think about those things before you make your offer, please.

And thanks!

Cheers, Cynthia (I'm the "C" in WOODbyC)

Gaelic Girl
April 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
I noticed this thread a few days ago, but due to my parents' health issues and time constraints I waited to respond.

Thank you, very much, Cynthia for your comprehensive reply!!!!

I personally have about 8 sticks from Jason of JC_Creations, and the craftsmanship is superb!!!! Upon finding his miniature spin tops last summer, I wrote him and asked if he'd consider doing hair sticks. He was very happy to collaborate.

I find the tone of this thread offensive and snarky. His exclamation mark usage is simply a reflection of his enthusiasm for his work and for his friendly nature. Also, I feel responsible for his larger sticks taking over as I myself have only ever ordered 1.5" wide x 8" long sticks. As sellers such as WoodByC and MonktheMonk have been so obliging, they have discovered that there is indeed a market for such large sticks; however, it seems smaller than we'd hoped.

All of my sticks are custon sticks, which certainly cost more than $10 or even $30....and all are worth the budget rearrangments I had to make!!! Jason is an excellent artisan, who will make anything you wish and guarantees all his pieces. I will post pics as soon as I am able, and you'll see what wonderful work he does.

I e-mailed him that people seemed to be asking for shorter, thinner sticks, and immediately responded with a line of what he calls "pixie" sticks. That's the sort of seller he is..and yes, I'm sure this is a labour of love for him as I can't imagine he makes a great deal of money from the pieces..yet he strives for excellence.

I would encourage all of you to simply email him to ask what you wish him to make, and as Cynthia suggested, remember that his time and effort is just as valuable as anyone elses.

Thank you for reading this.

Regards,
Gaelic Girl

p.s. I've just added pics of sticks I'm waiting for from Jason to my photo album for anyone who is interested.

TheHippieChick
April 2nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hi CATSTYLE! SO glad to see you -been wondering where you been!
Thank you Gaelic Girl for your comment. Everyone has an opinion and taste. I admire the work he has put into each piece. The amount of sanding would be horrendous! He obviously loves what he does and it shows.
I am thinking of purchasing one and reccomending ETSY to him. I think he would do really well there.
Thank you for starting this thread, I was glad to find a new artist.

ladiosaRosa
April 2nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
Cynthia....as a professional artist/craftsperson, I appreciated your insight regarding how a craftsperson sets his/her prices. You've hit the nail on the head with every point.

Mely
April 2nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
I noticed this thread a few days ago, but due to my parents' health issues and time constraints I waited to respond.

Thank you, very much, Cynthia for your comprehensive reply!!!!

I personally have about 8 sticks from Jason of JC_Creations, and the craftsmanship is superb!!!! Upon finding his miniature spin tops last summer, I wrote him and asked if he'd consider doing hair sticks. He was very happy to collaborate.

I find the tone of this thread offensive and snarky. His exclamation mark usage is simply a reflection of his enthusiasm for his work and for his friendly nature. Also, I feel responsible for his larger sticks taking over as I myself have only ever ordered 1.5" wide x 8" long sticks. As sellers such as WoodByC and MonktheMonk have been so obliging, they have discovered that there is indeed a market for such large sticks; however, it seems smaller than we'd hoped.

All of my sticks are custon sticks, which certainly cost more than $10 or even $30....and all are worth the budget rearrangments I had to make!!! Jason is an excellent artisan, who will make anything you wish and guarantees all his pieces. I will post pics as soon as I am able, and you'll see what wonderful work he does.

I e-mailed him that people seemed to be asking for shorter, thinner sticks, and immediately responded with a line of what he calls "pixie" sticks. That's the sort of seller he is..and yes, I'm sure this is a labour of love for him as I can't imagine he makes a great deal of money from the pieces..yet he strives for excellence.

I would encourage all of you to simply email him to ask what you wish him to make, and as Cynthia suggested, remember that his time and effort is just as valuable as anyone elses.

Thank you for reading this.

Regards,
Gaelic Girl

p.s. I've just added pics of sticks I'm waiting for from Jason to my photo album for anyone who is interested.

I too felt uncomfortable about the tone on this thread--it seems mean spirited. I'm glad you spoke up about it.

I went to the ebay store after reading this thread and bid on two of the pixie sticks, which looked very nice. Unfortunately I didn't win either of them. However, I'm keeping my eye on the store.

Áine
April 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
LOL, for sticks that expensive, I better be able to draft some insurance on it. ;)

But I have to say they are stunningly beautiful. I would probably wear one if they were within my price range.

Gaelic Girl
April 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
I too felt uncomfortable about the tone on this thread--it seems mean spirited. I'm glad you spoke up about it.

I went to the ebay store after reading this thread and bid on two of the pixie sticks, which looked very nice. Unfortunately I didn't win either of them. However, I'm keeping my eye on the store.

Thank you, Mely. I've always felt LHC to be a place of tollerance where you can be unique and yet accepted; but when remarks were made about how some sticks were too colourful...for cryin' out loud!!:confused:

I hope you win one of his pieces so that you can see what I'm talking about. :) Again, feel free to contact him as he's very approachable.

TheHippieChick
April 2nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Hand-Turned-Dymondwood-Kingwood-Hair-Stick-Pin_W0QQitemZ270224170606QQihZ017QQcategoryZ45225Q QcmdZViewItem

I happen to REALLY like this one! Vampire Slayers...that's what I call them. You can wear them all day and feel so super glam and then you can slay vamps if the need arises. How cool is that?!

intothemist1999
April 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Ok, maybe I'm being overly sensitive....granted they ARE unusual sticks, and some are pricey (I've seen other sites with comparable prices), and many seem far too wide. However....

I find it a bit uncomfortable getting a good laugh IF it's possibly someone here made them. Odds aren't great, I know, but we DO have alot of sellers here.

ReadingRenee
April 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Those are really pretty! I would LOVE to see a picture of those in someones hair. It would make it easier for me to have an idea of how they would work. :)

Cinnamon Hair
April 2nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Well, since someone felt the need to drag this back from page 10+....

I stand by my previous opinion and am not in the least apologetic for starting this thread. I think some of the sticks I linked to are more artwork than hair-friendly and charging $65 for a single stick, to me, is outrageous.

Everyone is welcome to his/her own opinion. When you post something on the net (especially for sale) expect others to comment.

For those who mentioned purchasing sticks from this seller, due to my thread, well that goes to show that there's no such thing as bad press. Any advertisement is good advertisement.

Gaelic Girl
April 2nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
I stand by my previous opinion and am not in the least apologetic for starting this thread.

I'm glad you started the thread as it aired many things. It was more the way the thread devolved than your initial post that bothered me.

I
think some of the sticks I linked to are more artwork than hair-friendly and charging $65 for a single stick, to me, is outrageous.

His sticks are very smooth, with no sharp bits, unlike some ficcares. Also, while an 8" long stick is unusable to many, it is essential for me, and for several others, while a 5" stick would not work at all. One's own budget is her business, but there are a number of sticks he lists at $9.99.

For those who mentioned purchasing sticks from this seller, due to my thread, well that goes to show that there's no such thing as bad press. Any advertisement is good advertisement.

I believe it will be the positive remarks, rather than the comments that the sticks were not hair-friendly, that will lead to purchases. Just saying...

Nynaeve
April 2nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
I have been looking at his stuff for a while.
I really think they are beautiful, and would not mind having most of them, but the ones with the larger bits... I would be afraid my bun wasn't secure enough to hold them up, then again they probably aren't as heavy as they look.

capelli lunghi
April 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JC-Hand-Turned-Dymondwood-Kingwood-Hair-Stick-Pin_W0QQitemZ270224170606QQihZ017QQcategoryZ45225Q QcmdZViewItem

I happen to REALLY like this one! Vampire Slayers...that's what I call them. You can wear them all day and feel so super glam and then you can slay vamps if the need arises. How cool is that?!I like that one, too! I saw it earlier.. I really like the stick part.. It seems like it would lock into your hair!.. lol

CatstyleMBelleK
April 3rd, 2008, 12:04 AM
Hi MadHatter,

Regarding that bid you were contemplating, I think $5 would be ... at best ... uninformed.

The 5" piece of acrylic material he used in this turning would have COST HIM at least $5, depending on his source.

Since it sold for his opening price of $9.99 (plus a meager $2.50 for shipping)* he reaped a total of $12.49 for the sale.

Out of that he had to pay eBay $1.22 for the listing and final value fees. If the buyer used PayPal to settle, he would have been charged $0.65 to process the payment. And USPS postage would have been at least $1.65. If he purchases shipping cartons (as opposed to scrounging around for something used, or self-styled) that would have cost him another $0.35 or so, plus a few more cents for ink, paper, peanuts, and tape to print out packing list, label, and secure it all for safe shipping.

All together, then, his expense to process this eBay sale was probably about $3.90, leaving him with a "profit" of $6.10. But that's not really his profit...

I've turned that material; it's very hard and it can be tricky. The fumes it releases smell DEADLY. Sometimes it fractures and big chunks flake off. When it breaks near the end, there goes $5, up in fumes. And it probably took him 30 minutes to turn.

In addition, any artist intent on making a living will consider the time it takes (nevermind the know-how!!) to create the piece in the first place, then the time to photograph and list it online, and the time it takes to process all the paperwork and packaging, until the item is in the mail. (Even then, a conscientious seller will spend some time on followup, checking that their customer is satisfied, and leaving Feedback if they sell on eBay.)

With all those costs and time spent in mind, and understanding that current U.S. minimum wage is $8.07/hr, any craft artist who offers an opening bid of $9.99 is risking a big loss-leader, if the work doesn't get more than one bid.

Think about what your own time is worth, and how much you make an hour. Is it more than minimum wage, or are you on a salary? Do you have the skill to turn your own beautiful hair toys? Do you have the computer knowledge and a digital camera and know how to use the eBay marketplace? Has any mail-order catalog you've ever purchased from charged less than about $5.85 for shipping and handling? Is the world a better place when American craft artists can make a living selling their work to the public, online? Are you willing and able to help them along?

Think about those things before you make your offer, please.

And thanks!

Cheers, Cynthia (I'm the "C" in WOODbyC)

Well spoken, Cynthia!

On another subject: With regard to the issue of sensitivity toward the presence (or potential presence) of hair-toy makers on this site, I just wanted to add that part of putting one's artwork out there for the public to not only see but hopefully purchase is that it automatically opens up the floor for criticism as well as praise.

If people are encouraged to keep negative opinions private simply to spare the feelings of sellers who may also belong to this site, I think there's the potential for less scrupulous sellers to use this place as a way gain leverage over the way they are viewed... In other words, have you ever been gossiping to a friend about someone and suddenly that person walks into the room? I *know* I've seen threads where someone complains about a seller, and suddenly that seller is a new member on LHC and the tone of the thread switches very quickly when the seller posts on it.

I'm not implying that about the seller being discussed on this thread, or any seller contributing to it -- but I think if you're being honest about the work or your own experience/feelings without being cruel for cruelty's sake, its important to keep a free flow of opinion (positive or negative) on here. My understanding is that the one thing the owner of this site DOES NOT want is for sellers to exert an excessive influence over the content of this site.

Just my :twocents:

:soapbox:

Gaelic Girl
April 3rd, 2008, 12:22 AM
Well spoken, Cynthia!

On another subject: With regard to the issue of sensitivity toward the presence (or potential presence) of hair-toy makers on this site, I just wanted to add that part of putting one's artwork out there for the public to not only see but hopefully purchase is that it automatically opens up the floor for criticism as well as praise.

If people are encouraged to keep negative opinions private simply to spare the feelings of sellers who may also belong to this site, I think there's the potential for less scrupulous sellers to use this place as a way gain leverage over the way they are viewed... In other words, have you ever been gossiping to a friend about someone and suddenly that person walks into the room? I *know* I've seen threads where someone complains about a seller, and suddenly that seller is a new member on LHC and the tone of the thread switches very quickly when the seller posts on it.

I'm not implying that about the seller being discussed on this thread, or any seller contributing to it -- but I think if you're being honest about the work or your own experience/feelings without being cruel for cruelty's sake, its important to keep a free flow of opinion (positive or negative) on here. My understanding is that the one thing the owner of this site DOES NOT want is for sellers to exert an excessive influence over the content of this site.

Just my :twocents:

:soapbox:

Hi Catstyle. This is well said, also....thank you for adding this comment.

I don't wish to beat this thing to death. What bothered me was what seemed like series of unhelpful comments. I found it odd that people were chatting about the size, etc. of JC's sticks without anyone mentioning writing him to suggest alternatives. None of us are shy about inquiring about custom orders from sellers.

That being said, I appreciate your comment about sellers "magically appearing" to refute certain opinions...resulting in a hush. If there are issues with quality or customer relations, I think it should be discussed and shared to the benefit of all. I would never desire censorship on this board...just a fair go. For example: 'wow...those sticks are huge..but he has these other ones...'

To the best of my knowledge, JC is not a member on this board, nor does he intend to be. I did not mean to make anyone uncomfortable by speaking of him. I merely mentioned a desire for shorter sticks to him, as I'd heard people wanting some...that was it, and he made some and posted them.

Ok..thanks for the discussion. I think it's turned into a good one in the end, and although I did not like the way it was begun, I think some excellent points were made. If we want quality products, made by people who are paid fairly for their skill, then they will be more than $5; it's only fair.

Nuff said.

Cinnamon Hair
April 3rd, 2008, 12:30 AM
I don't wish to beat this thing to death. What bothered me was what seemed like series of unhelpful comments. I found it odd that people were chatting about the size, etc. of JC's sticks without anyone mentioning writing him to suggest alternatives. None of us are shy about inquiring about custom orders from sellers.

So you would email a seller asking for a custom order or change in their style when you have absolutely no interest in the sticks? That seems odd (ie: unbelieveable) to me.

:horse: :violin:

Gaelic Girl
April 3rd, 2008, 12:42 AM
So you would email a seller asking for a custom order or change in their style when you have absolutely no interest in the sticks? That seems odd (ie: unbelieveable) to me.

:horse: :violin:

That would be bizarre. I was not referring to your post by that comment. Everyone has a right to his/her own taste. It's not yours...np. I was referring to the posts about maybe liking the sticks but not the length. I've never known LCH folks to be shy about asking for customs, but you get what you pay for.

CatstyleMBelleK
April 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
I didn't read every single word of the thread, but, like all things in life, I think these kinds of discussions simply require a little balance & discretion.

Cinnamon, I don't think you're personally responsible for what people post on a thread simply because you started it. I don't think you started it with any malintent -- its titled "Unusual sticks on ebay" not "OMG Let's make fun of THIS" so I don't think you should feel like you need to apologize for or defend the thread.

Cheese, anyone? :cheese:

:wigtongue

Kittee
April 3rd, 2008, 09:05 AM
His sticks are too "thick" for me. Not exactly my cup of tea. Length I could deal with but not the circumference.

MissBiss
April 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM

I happen to REALLY like this one! Vampire Slayers...that's what I call them. You can wear them all day and feel so super glam and then you can slay vamps if the need arises. How cool is that?!I love this one too.

DecafJane
April 3rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
There is actually some very interesting, creative work on that e-bay store! I like. :)