PDA

View Full Version : clarifying shampoo

heartgoesboom
September 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM
if you use a clarifying shampoo, which one do you use? i used to get the neutrogena anti-residue, but i can't find it in stores right now. so, name me some brands so i can find them faster in the rows of shampoos in the store. :)

YepLilly
September 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM
Two common ones are Suave Clarifying and VO5 Kiwi Lime. I think the first one is a bit stronger.

Libbylou
September 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM
I use Paul Mitchell clarifying. Only because that is what my boyfriend buys. I wouldn't pay that much nowadays.

Mairéad
September 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
I just have the Suave Daily Clarifying.

Elle
September 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
Herbal Essences Degunkify. It works well, but I don't really like the scent. It's supposed to smell like pineapple, but I've never smelled a pineapple like this before. :lol:

jojo
September 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Tresemme deep clean is my favorite

isabelx
September 21st, 2011, 02:10 PM
Pantene Pro-V Clarifying :)

Cainwen
September 21st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Herbal Essence "Drama Clean". Smells nice with no definable scent, does its jobs without ruining my hair and the sheer amount of puns they squeeze onto the bottle is awesome.

In2wishin
September 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo

celebriangel
September 21st, 2011, 04:44 PM
I use Tresemme Deep clean too. Cheap, and comes in a big bottle (not that I need that...I only clarify once every 6 months or so).

allnight avenue
September 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
I just got me some Drama Clean, but it doesn't say "clarifying" anywhere on the bottle. It still does the job?

Saraya
September 21st, 2011, 05:58 PM
I love the Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three. It removes residues and chlorine. Its great because i used to have a well with lots of minerals and go swimming a lot. Its a little expensive but leaves my hair really soft and the bottle lasts a really long time. I use it about once a week to every two weeks. : )

Airmide
September 21st, 2011, 06:36 PM
I usually just use baking soda in with my normal shampoo on the rare occasion that I clarify. I've tried VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, but it was a bit too much for my hair. Last time I added the baking soda to VO5 Sun Kissed Raspberry.

archel
September 21st, 2011, 10:08 PM
I use Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating/Clarifying shampoo. It is really more clarifying than hydrating! I use it maybe twice a month. I just can't use it more often because it strips my hair more than I like unless I'm wanting to clarify and do an SMT (I usually do these together).

Sparkette
September 21st, 2011, 10:27 PM
I use the store brand version of neutrogena t-gel dandruff shampoo. It's basically the anti-residue formula plus dandruff control, which I tend to need about as often as I need to clarify.

Cainwen
September 22nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
I just got me some Drama Clean, but it doesn't say "clarifying" anywhere on the bottle. It still does the job?

It does the job just fine for me. It has gotten out (to date) : lots of silicone build up, waxy build up from a certain conditioner and various types of oils. Someone here told me the ingredients to look for, and I just looked for those to be high-ish up on the list, rather than looking for one that necessarily was labeled "clarifying".

annieangel149
September 22nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
i use naked range detox shampoo!

Chetanlaiho
September 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
I can never find a shampoo that seems 'clarifying' to me here >_< None of them say it (but there's not a clear Dutch word for clarifying in the hair sense so that may contribute). I tried my mother's neutral shampoo but it made my hair a dry and brittle mess :/

Sundial
September 22nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
I use Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating/Clarifying shampoo. It is really more clarifying than hydrating! I use it maybe twice a month. I just can't use it more often because it strips my hair more than I like unless I'm wanting to clarify and do an SMT (I usually do these together).

I use Avalon Lemon clarifying shampoo and Giovanni 50:50. I agree with archel that the Giovanni one is more clarifying than hydrating :p I use only a little of it each time but I have to clarify more often than archel because I get build ups more easily.

ange1ito
September 22nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Wella purifying shampoo, it's much gentler than Paul Mitchells which left my ends really dry.