PDA

View Full Version : Thank you! (New Member)

StaciaNichole
September 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Hi! I've read a bunch of posts on this site, as I've been nursing severely damaged hair back to a somewhat acceptable state. I've cut of several inches, but was still left with velcro ends. The ONLY place I personally found any good advice or information about what to do was here. After using a clarifying shampoo and changing up my shampooing technique so the shampoo is only applied to roots, I've seen a HUGE improvement. So I've joined!

My hair is currently thick/coarse, slightly wavy and a little past chin length. My goal is mid-back. I haven't had long hair in so long, I miss it. I work at Sally Beauty Supply but still couldn't find answers among my co-workers about how to handle the crunchy ends. I'm so glad to have found this site! Great info!

YepLilly
September 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM
Welcome! I've been here for around a month, but I can definitely notice a difference. CWC has also been working for me. I've learned a fair deal here. Understanding the difference between moisture and protein in one's hair was key. Also, apple cider vingear rinses, aloe vera gel, silicones, sulfates, etc. A lot of great info and people here. :D

longhairedlady
September 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM
Welcome and I am glad you are finding the support you need! :)

hs_atreides
September 21st, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm glad you found some haircare tips that have worked for your hair! :)