PDA

View Full Version : How do you get lint out of your BBB?

tigereye
September 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM
So, just before I moved house I came across a long lost hairbrush that my mum used to use for my super-fine hair when I was young. I had never used it much since, partly because I lost it. But anyway, I found it shut away in a box with other things from my childhood, and origonally thought it was plastic, but discovered it is actually a pure boar bristle brush, the same make, but an older model than my newer one. My hair completely loves this brush, and I like the shape and spacing better than my newer BBB.

But it is stuffed with lint that I cant get out. All my old hair has come out, but theres still bundles of lint. Right down at the base of each bunch of bristles, and its a pain. My newer one is fine, but what can I say, this ones been lying in a box, was probably abused when I was a kid, and has probably never been cleaned out since the day it was bought. I thought about using a toothbrush, but as I've just moved I don't have any old ones sitting around.
I don't know what else to use. I'm a bit new to this whole BBB business.

Any suggestions? How do you clean yours?

ArienEllariel
September 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
I wish I knew... :o

spidermom
September 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM
I use a fine-tooth comb, although to really get under the clumps of lint, a needle or hat pin is even more useful, loosen from base of bristles, then follow with the fine-tooth comb.

But I like a paddle brush with flexible bristles for my hair so no current BBB problems.

swetiepeti
September 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM
I just cleam my BBB with some of my husbands clarifying shampoo. I mix a little bit in a large plastic cup with some warm water, swish it around for about 5 minutes, rinse it off, give it a shake, then lay it bristles down on a fluffy hand towel. Don't know if that' s the "correct way", but it's worked well for me and my brushes have all stayed nice. I usually do it about once a week, after I have oiled my hair then run the BBB thru it to distribute the oil more evenly.

Madora
September 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM
I have one of these hair rakes:

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?TID=_MilesKimball&CollectionID=DC0001971

Works like a charm.

However, to really get into each bristle bunch, you'll need a pin and plenty of patience.

Always try and remove the stuck hairs after you've brushed your hair so that the brush can be used effectively the next time.

When you clean your brush, be sure to fan the bristles to remove as much water as you can, and wipe off all other parts. It's best to set it (bristles facing downward) on a lint free cloth (micro fiber) so that it doesn't pick up any lint.

Keep your brush squeaky clean and your hair will benefit from it!