PDA

View Full Version : Help With Conditioner

missnell
September 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Ladies, I am new here. Can anyone please tell me the best conditioner for very dry hair? I have heard Aubrey but is there something better? Thank you so much for your time and hope to here from you soon.

*Rose Red*
September 21st, 2011, 10:59 AM
Hi,
I would say: every person has to find his "own best conditioner", there´s no conditioner for everyone. I like Aubrey, but many LHC´lers don´t because of the proteins. There are a lot of ways you can treat your dry hair, with oil, leave ins, different shampoos and conditioners, you will have to try a lot before you know what´s best for your hair.

HintOfMint
September 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM
I personally love Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, especially mixed with honey and some sort of oil, sometimes castor, grapeseed or coconut. It's the best cone-free conditioner I've tried.

My favorite coney conditioner is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (what is it with me and conditioners with the number 3 in the title??)

Neither contains proteins.

Cassie 123
September 21st, 2011, 11:22 PM
I personally love Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, especially mixed with honey and some sort of oil, sometimes castor, grapeseed or coconut. It's the best cone-free conditioner I've tried.

I'll second this - I loved this when I was a hair-abuser. Good stuff, and cheap. Doctoring it up LHC-style should make it even better.

If you like protein, and if money is no object, try John Masters Honey and Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor.

mora
September 21st, 2011, 11:43 PM
I'll second this - I loved this when I was a hair-abuser. Good stuff, and cheap. Doctoring it up LHC-style should make it even better.

If you like protein, and if money is no object, try John Masters Honey and Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor.
I really like the Honey and Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor, too (although I've only bought it once).

isabelx
September 22nd, 2011, 01:53 AM
I second Aussie 3 Minute Miracle :) if you want something with cones of course.
If not, I used Faith in Nature Aloe Vera conditioner, no cones or proteins and aloe vera can be very good for your hair! :D

celebriangel
September 22nd, 2011, 02:00 AM
If your hair is dry, you might want to try conditioners that are light on cones (anything ending in 'cone' or 'xane', used to make hair feel smooth) and heavy on the oils.

This means you can probably take whatever conditioner you have at home and add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil to it for excellent moisturising. Just check it's not totally loaded with cones, as those conditioners tend to be low on the moisturising factor.

longhairedlady
September 22nd, 2011, 03:26 AM
I have been using the Loreal EverSleek conditioner mixed with EVOO. My hair is loving it, but of course everyones hair is different! :)

unknown
September 22nd, 2011, 08:08 AM
Franck Provost for dry/damaged hair is wonderful, but the smell can be really strong sometimes!

Anje
September 22nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
For me, the solution was to stop using shampoo except for occasional clarifying and wash with a light conditioner.

See if you can figure out what you're doing that is encouraging your hair to dry out. Heat styling, shampoo, and wearing it loose are some of the classic suspects.

missnell
September 22nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thank you ladies for all your advise. I just wanted to say to Celebriangle your hair is a georgous color. I wish I could wear mine that color. I heard some people say VO5 is a good conditioner. Is it okay or is there a better one that is all natural? Also how much olive oil would I add to the conditioner so that I did'nt make it to oily? Again thank you all so much.

Cassie 123
September 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Thank you ladies for all your advise. I just wanted to say to Celebriangle your hair is a georgous color. I wish I could wear mine that color. I heard some people say VO5 is a good conditioner. Is it okay or is there a better one that is all natural? Also how much olive oil would I add to the conditioner so that I did'nt make it to oily? Again thank you all so much.

VO5 is much-loved around here as a washing conditioner - as a replacement for shampoo. If your hair is quite dry, you might still need to follow it with something richer or more moisturizing.

When adding oil to conditioner, try just a few drops the first time and increase the next time if your hair wants more.

missnell
September 22nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thank you, What would be a good conditioner to use then other than VO5. One without cones or protein.

Cassie 123
September 22nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Thank you, What would be a good conditioner to use then other than VO5. One without cones or protein.

I am sorry, I don't know because I have never had to avoid proteins; my hair seems to like them in reasonable doses. Hopefully somebody else will have the answer for you.

Silver Strands
September 22nd, 2011, 05:05 PM

My favorite coney conditioner is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (what is it with me and conditioners with the number 3 in the title??)

Neither contains proteins.

Don't forget Neutrogena Triple Moisture.
I like all 3. :wink:

Stephanie
September 22nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Garnier Fructis is a good line with minimal sticky buildup (all of Aussie's products make my hair sticky no matter how I rinse). Nexxus Humectress and Therapee are great, too for super moisture. Personally, my preference is Pantene Beautiful Lengths Anti-frizz line. Their leave-in is superb with a drop of MCT or other light oil and none of it weighs my hair down at the scalp (drowned rat effect), yet I haven't had a split end (that I've noticed) since I started using this line over a year ago.

Silver Strands
September 22nd, 2011, 05:21 PM

In that case your best bet would probably be Biolage or the Garnier Triple Nutrition mentioned earlier.

You can also buy a cheaper conditioner and add honey and aloe to it (an SMT) to make a great treatment.

You don't mention what your hair is like and it would help others.
Is your hair curly, straight, fine, coarse, thick, thin?
How long?
When did you last use a clarifying shampoo?

That's all I can think of that might help others help you.

Good Luck and Welcome.

DTsgirl
September 23rd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Garnier triple Nutrition is very good. No cones or protein. The Loreal Everpure/sleek/strong lines will fit the no cones criteria (I think I have read all the lables) but you will have to keep an eye out for silk or collagen. I don't avoid protein, so I can't vouch for that ingredient. As a further note for the Loreal, they smell AMAZING! All herbal and sohisticated.

celebriangel
September 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
For no cones, I would second the garnier fructis triple nutrition. You won't need to add oil to that - it's already ridiculously moisturising.

To help lock in the moisture, you can apply a few drops of whatever oils you have on hand to your hair from the ears down on damp hair after washing. EVOO a lot of people already have, and it's great if used sparingly - say 1-2 drops, smoothed between your palms, then run palms down your hair.

CO is great for moisture too (which is to say, using a light conditioner to clean the scalp instead of shampoo, then heavy conditioner on the length). V05 is great for the cleaning part.

Sadly that isn't me, but my hair is a similar colour. I henna my light ash brown hair, then apply manic panic. I can do it without the henna, and actually it's brighter, but I love what henna does for my hair and how it makes the washing-out period look much better because there is red/brown underneath.

Kelikea
September 23rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
Desert Essence Organics Coconut. It has behentrimoium methosulfate which is supposed to be one of the best conditioners. Great ingredients and a wonderful aroma. I love it!!!

caiti42
September 24th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I'd give the triple nutrition a go and see how that works for you.