PDA

View Full Version : POW Girl with Long Hair

lindaton
September 20th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Need to check out the people of walmart website. There is a girl on there with beautiful midcalf length hair. Almost all the comments cant figure out why someone posted her picture. Wonder if she is a LHC member?

Ishje
September 21st, 2011, 12:25 AM
her hair is gorgeous indeed!
these type of sites always make me a bit sad though.
don't like people mocking people because they do not fit in the picture.

AnqeIicDemise
September 21st, 2011, 12:40 AM
The comments crack me up. They're mostly positive on how healthy her hair is and how pretty. It is proving to be a POW dud.

The only thing I don't like is that outfit but I have a thing a against plaid.... and carpenter shorts.

Quixii
September 21st, 2011, 12:57 AM
Wow, nice hair!

I like that the comments are mostly positive. There's one, though, that says "could you imagine how long it takes her to straighten, shampoo, and brush her hair.." :lol: Like everyone straightens their hair as part of their routine.

C.H.
September 21st, 2011, 12:58 AM
Wow, that is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! Talk about a long hair sighting.

longhairedlady
September 21st, 2011, 01:00 AM
Wow its so thick and healthy looking! :)

AnqeIicDemise
September 21st, 2011, 01:10 AM
Wow, nice hair!

I like that the comments are mostly positive. There's one, though, that says "could you imagine how long it takes her to straighten, shampoo, and brush her hair.." :lol: Like everyone straightens their hair as part of their routine.

I saw another one where he asked how long it took for her to shampoo her hair and another who said a whole bottle must be consumed. It made me LOL

freckles
September 21st, 2011, 03:02 AM
her hair is gorggggeous. I'm glad most of the comments are positive.

skyblue
September 21st, 2011, 03:16 AM
OMGosh! She looks like the woman I saw at work! Same color, length, and thickness! I wonder...it says Ohio! Amazing hair! Thick all the way to the ends!!

dementedkitten
September 21st, 2011, 04:36 AM
Ooh, her hair is beautiful! Great sighting :P

ArienEllariel
September 21st, 2011, 04:42 AM
I saw that one and was really annoyed at the POW caption. She has really nice hair. :)

pepperminttea
September 21st, 2011, 04:53 AM
Her hair is amazing. And thick to the ends!

Mesmerise
September 21st, 2011, 05:26 AM
Gorgeous healthy hair! Doesn't belong on that site at all...

I am annoyed by the LOL comments I must say :rolleyes:... because someone who goes to THAT much trouble to grow beautiful long hair should automatically cut it off... GRR.

supbanana
September 21st, 2011, 05:40 AM
I clicked this thinking 'POW' meant 'Prisoner of War'... not what I was expecting. :D

That lady has BEAUTIFUL hair!!

Oksana
September 21st, 2011, 06:02 AM
Wow, that is some gorgeous hair, so thick and healthy! I too wonder whether she is a member...:cool:

CornishMaid
September 21st, 2011, 06:13 AM
What beautiful hair! :heart:

Question to members in the USA....are people (general public) over there obsessed that anyone with remotely long hair should be donating to "Locks of love"?

I am really uncomfortable with the notion that people are commenting that she should be donating her hair. I think its a nice thing to do if you want to, but do you get strangers coming up to you and commenting that you should donate because you have long hair?

We don't have that in the UK as far as I know....Never heard of people being told they should donate their hair.

Lapin
September 21st, 2011, 06:22 AM
that's jaw-dropping!

slightly ot, at first i was looking at the picture above her of a women with waist-length hair and an exposed thong :x glad i scrolled down a bit more....

ArienEllariel
September 21st, 2011, 06:28 AM
What beautiful hair! :heart:

Question to members in the USA....are people (general public) over there obsessed that anyone with remotely long hair should be donating to "Locks of love"?

I am really uncomfortable with the notion that people are commenting that she should be donating her hair. I think its a nice thing to do if you want to, but do you get strangers coming up to you and commenting that you should donate because you have long hair?

We don't have that in the UK as far as I know....Never heard of people being told they should donate their hair.

I've heard of it, unfortunately. Even seen people say it to friends/family in the past.

invisiblebabe
September 21st, 2011, 07:25 AM
Wow, nice hair!

That comment made me :rolleyes: , too! If she regularly straightened her hair, no way would it look that healthy at that length!

GRU
September 21st, 2011, 07:47 AM
For people reading this in the future, this (http://www.***************.com/48697) is the photo being discussed.

And her hair is :thud:!

ArienEllariel
September 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM
For people reading this in the future, this (http://www.***************.com/48697) is the photo being discussed.

And her hair is :thud:!

Agreed. :) So pretty!!

Toiréasa
September 21st, 2011, 07:51 AM
Wow beautiful hair!

Madora
September 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the info on the People of Walmart photos, Lindaton.

Her hair is drop dead spectacular! So healthy and thick and gorgeous.

People who make "Cousin Itt" references are ignorant! Cousin Itt had fantastic, thick, healthy hair.

Gracious only knows how many years that lady spent achieving her length. Whole lotta patience and dedication goin' on there! You rarely see hair of that length in such superb condition!!!

NotInPortland
September 21st, 2011, 08:09 AM
Her hair is simply gorgeous! I guess it ended up on that site because well how often is it that you see long hair like that (outside of LHC that is ;))? There's always going to be someone who doesn't like it or makes stupid jokes about it. But it does not belong on the POW site, it's so healthy and beautiful!

einna
September 21st, 2011, 09:03 AM
That hair is amazing. Beautiful all the way down to the ends! Probably on POW because it is so unusual.

trolleypup
September 21st, 2011, 09:17 AM
Moderator note: TLHC does not support linking to streetshots (images taken without the subject's consent)...which is why the POW URL is automatically obscured.

Savvyhorsez
September 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM
I clicked this thinking 'POW' meant 'Prisoner of War'... not what I was expecting. :D

That's what I thought too! Ditto!

GRU
September 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM
Moderator note: TLHC does not support linking to streetshots (images taken without the subject's consent)...which is why the POW URL is automatically obscured.

I did not know that -- thanks for the info, TP!

Becky Safari
September 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Everyone in the comments seem to appreciate her hair too. But it is just so healthy looking! So thick and shiny..

spidermom
September 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Funny how so many people think it's going to take so much more shampoo to keep long hair clean. A bottle of shampoo lasts me many months because of diluting it, but conditioner; wow - do I go through conditioner! But I didn't see any comments about that.

lindaton
September 21st, 2011, 09:51 AM
I have to be honest-the real reason I frequent that site is that I am afraid someone is going to see me in walmart and put a picture of my hair up. I have heard people make comments about my hair behind my back and of course one was cousin it.

HairFaerie
September 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM
OK, I am a dork. When I read the thread title, I thought it meant Prisoner of War girl with long hair! I was a little hesitant to click on it! Don't I feel silly now! :blushing:

What gorgeous hair! She doesn't belong on that site at all!

turquoisebud
September 21st, 2011, 10:45 AM

I thought that too! I guess that's what comes of watching too many war documentaries and not having a clue what "people of walmart" was. :p

Noreth
September 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
Wow! Such thickness and a blunt cut!:crush: Wonder if she's ever been on LHC...

Cowgirl16
September 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM
Her hair is AMAZING :thudpile:

That is my dream hair :crush:

turtlelover
September 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Oh, I LOVE her hair. I wouldn't go QUITE that long personally, but the thickness, health and texture is soooo gorgeous!

C.H.
September 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Funny how so many people think it's going to take so much more shampoo to keep long hair clean. A bottle of shampoo lasts me many months because of diluting it, but conditioner; wow - do I go through conditioner! But I didn't see any comments about that.

Yeah, even before LHC and CO-washing, I used vastly more conditioner than shampoo.

adiapalic
September 21st, 2011, 12:15 PM

Ditto on the Prisoner of War... haha.

"ITT factor" and "It looks like Cousin It jumped on your back to strangle you from behind….oh, if only!"?? Lovely.

Her hair is really beautiful.

ladylovecraft
September 21st, 2011, 12:25 PM
I saw another one where he asked how long it took for her to shampoo her hair and another who said a whole bottle must be consumed. It made me LOL

Hahaha, this. I laughed out loud at the straightening comment and it's entirely possible that she's CO... or even WO... oh but everyone MUST straighten and shampoo, obviously...

Amber_Maiden
September 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
pretty! very pretty!

teal
September 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
... oh but everyone MUST straighten and shampoo, obviously...

Oh of course! Duhhh...

:D

Seems like POW is really grasping at straws. Guys in daisy dukes are funny and all, but really there isn't much else there that makes me chuckle.

Gaelle27
September 21st, 2011, 02:30 PM
"Locks of Love is a scam. Most of the hair donated does not end up on the head of a cancer patient. It is sold to commercial wigmakers. In 2005, Locks of Love made over half a million dollars in contributions. Imagine growing your gorgeous hair for years and maintaining it while rude idiots nag you to cut it and donate it to this so-called “charity.” What a ripoff. If you want to help cancer patients, adopt one and help them pay their bills or join Chemo Angels. I’ve grown my hair to my waist. My daughter could grow hers this long if she let it, but it would probably take an entire day to dry. I can’t believe how people think that women need to wear helmet hair once they hit 40. I’m keeping mine in all its glory, thank you."

The lady how wrote this comment must belong to LHC! :-D Oh I whish I could grow long and beautiful hair like the lady on wallmart... Its just a wonder of nature!

Velvet Dreamer
September 21st, 2011, 02:48 PM
It looks so great! I'm in love.

{When I read POW, though, I thought, "Prisoner of War." D:!}

freckles
September 21st, 2011, 04:25 PM
"Prisoner of War" didn't occur to me, I thought maybe "POW Girl" was the name of a comic book superhero. :/

KwaveT
September 21st, 2011, 06:55 PM
Absolutely gorgeous hair. I read all the comments. I can only laugh at the absurdity and generalizations spread throughout the comments. It reminds me of the ignorance that general public has about barefooters. Same kind of misinformation, generalizations, and out right ignorance is spewed from those that know nothing about the subject, which here is taking care of long hair. A whole bottle of shampoo? PPLEASE.:lol:

mallorykay13
September 21st, 2011, 07:35 PM
:thud: wow. Her hair is STUNNING!

CaityBear
September 21st, 2011, 08:02 PM
Wow....I just had to search that picture out. And that hair is amazing!!!!!

As for why it's there...it's odd...you rarely EVER see hair that long especially down. And obviously not everybody thinks long hair is awesome like we do. lol

But I'm in absolute awe at this picture. The hair is just gorgeous. I could only dream of hair that gorgeous.

Lostsoule77
September 21st, 2011, 08:24 PM
I too thought it meant prisoner of war. I was confused and had to click to see what the heck that was! I'd never heard of people of Walmart.

I thought her hair was gorgoeus! So long & healthy with a blunt hemline to boot. Thank you for sharing this with us. Some of those comments are definitely funny. The LOL ones annoyed me too, but to each his own.

Quetiepi
September 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM
Best Comment from POW about this photo, and I wonder who on this site wrote it! And can I get an AMEN?

Long-Haired And Loving It

Locks of Love is a scam. Most of the hair donated does not end up on the head of a cancer patient. It is sold to commercial wigmakers. In 2005, Locks of Love made over half a million dollars in contributions. Imagine growing your gorgeous hair for years and maintaining it while rude idiots nag you to cut it and donate it to this so-called “charity.” What a ripoff. If you want to help cancer patients, adopt one and help them pay their bills or join Chemo Angels. I’ve grown my hair to my waist. My daughter could grow hers this long if she let it, but it would probably take an entire day to dry. I can’t believe how people think that women need to wear helmet hair once they hit 40. I’m keeping mine in all its glory, thank you.

feralnature
September 21st, 2011, 08:43 PM
I am familiar with the POW but I cannot find the pic yall are talking about!

HintOfMint
September 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
How gorgeous! And she seems pretty tall in the picture, which makes it all the more impressive.

RedDevil
September 21st, 2011, 09:07 PM
I looooove this woman's hair! How do we find her and force her to join our group!? ;)

C.H.
September 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
I looooove this woman's hair! How do we find her and force her to join our group!? ;)

That's what I was thinking. How can she not be on LHC??? That is truly an extraordinary head of hair.

gilbert-sarah
September 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I was on the People of walmart site and instead of making me cringe this picture actually made me smile=) Her hair looks great and some of the comments are kinda funny too
www.***************.com/photos/page/5

Xan
September 24th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I saw the pic of her and yes her hair is awesome I would love to have my hair that long.

DakarNick
September 24th, 2011, 03:06 PM
The link was edited because it's against the rules to post links to street shots of unsuspecting people. Thers is also a multi-page thread about it started a few days ago.

McFearless
September 24th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Her hair is gorgeous.

Prettyeyes23
September 24th, 2011, 08:29 PM
That hair is as close to perfect as you will ever see! Her hair is amazing! So thick, healthy, blunt ends...wow, I am so jealous!

BTW, if you want to view, it is still on the people of walmart dot com, under pictures from 2011/09/20

LuciousLox
September 24th, 2011, 10:24 PM
My goal is only to my tailbone... But I hope my hair looks as good as that, when I get there! It's absolute perfection!!

Airmide
September 24th, 2011, 10:30 PM
That was some gorgeous hair! I looked from the start page and went back til I found the pic. For a moment I was scared you guys were talking about the pic before it, with the lady mostly dressed in purple (and that's all I'm going to say about her outfit!). Her hair was long and looked like it could be nice, but not much to remark on in that pic. That website is funny but is one more reason NOT to shop at Walmart, and for me to remember not to indulge my fashion sense (or lack thereof) when I plan to be shopping there!

McFearless
September 25th, 2011, 02:01 PM
The comments are pretty sexist for the most part. Ugh some people are crazy.