PDA

View Full Version : 3 Years at LHC!

utdesertrunner
September 20th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone!

I can not hardly believe that I found this wonderful place about 3 years ago. I have so much from you all in this time!

I started out at about shoulder length. Went to about about BSL and then fell in love with henna. Almost made it to waist at about 18 months.

At two years I was going thru some personal issues and went in for a cut to APL. It somehow made it's way up to chin. I was devastated and the cut was very blunt. So I cut again to the length of my profile picture. I did love the cut but missed my long hair. So, here I am again, fully committed to long hair!

In the last year I have gained about 6-8 inches. Unfortunately my computer will not upload the current picture, but it is the same length as my first picture in my album (about 2 inches below shoulder).

Thanks for all the knowledge and especially the motivation! When I am feeling the urge to chop I come here to check out all of your beautiful hair! And it never fails to re-motivate me!

Purdy Bear
September 21st, 2011, 02:01 AM
Congrates on your 3 year anniversary.

It sounds like youv had a long journey.

Iv cut my hair short a few times, and after a few weeks I always hated it, so when my hair grows again its gonna be longgggggggggggggggggggggg.

Maybe writing down how you feel when your hair is short would be a good idea, then if your tempted again you can read it back.

annieangel149
September 21st, 2011, 02:48 AM
congratulations :D

MaryRose
September 21st, 2011, 09:23 AM
Congrats!!!

Oksana
September 21st, 2011, 09:57 AM
Congratulations and enjoy this next growth journey :)

arielįgua
September 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM
wow!
you did bad! no cutting! ehehe kidding
well it's always challenging to grow hair again and over again. I did the same mistake, I had waist length and cut it to chin. :/ how i regretted it...
for me growing hair is like a quest! :D

kitschy
September 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Congratulations.

P.S. I think I recognize the Mountain behind you in your photos. Howdy neighbor!

wooliswonderful
September 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Congratulations!:blossom:

utdesertrunner
September 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Thank you all!!!! I will try and get a current photo up soon!

ssjhotau2
September 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Hey me too- yay for 3 years here :)

It's funny how stressful times in our lives tempt us to cut. I cut my almost Waist hair up to APL about 13 months in because of PPD and overall insecurities due to the current instability of my relationship and frustration with the care after I had my son. I loved the cut, but I still regret losing all that length. It took me nearly 2 years to gain back what I lost (because I just kept "trimming" gah!).

But focusing on the actual care of my hair instead of the length has helped me curb the urge to cut- even in stressful times. And honestly I've enjoyed this year of growing much more than the last 2. It seems, atleast for me, that hair care is something you have to settle in to and when you can start with very short, possibly less damaged hair there is more satisfaction because you are doing most things right from the beginning and seeing faster results.

So enjoy growing your hair out again and, while the hair cut may feel devastating and like a huge mistake now- it may end up being more fun than the first time around. :p