PDA

View Full Version : How often do you clarify?

mallorykay13
September 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Tell me how often you clarify, if you use cones or not and what method you use! I'm interested to see everyones routine!

Shelly
September 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Right now, I don't clarify but I probably should start. Maybe mixing a little bit of baking soda with my conditioner every other week or so.

Cassie 123
September 20th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I've clarified three times in the past four months, using clarifying shampoo, but I'd do it less if I weren't still trying out new products and techniques. My usual wash is conefree CO, every 5-7 days.

1hunky5monkeys
September 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I don't use cones but I clarify 1-2 times a month. I use a small amount of V05 clarifying shampoo and follow with my normal conditioner wash (CO).

Cirafly24
September 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I clarify when needed (maybe once every 2 months or so) using an SLS clarifying shampoo (Suave, I think). When I'm not clarifying, I use a sulfate free shampoo and a cone free conditioner, and I wash twice a week.

archel
September 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM
About twice a month, I use a clarifying shampoo that is SLS free (Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating/Clarifying shampoo...which FYI is clarifying but not hydrating, LOL) I don't know how an SLS free shampoo clarifies, but this one does. And it doesn't *destroy* when it does so. Love it!

vanillabones
September 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I clarify every 2 or 3 weeks or as needed. I use cone and SLS free shampoo regularly with very coney conditioners and coney detangler leave-in so I definitely need to clarify.

I CWC every or every other day. To clarify right now I am using Fekkai Purifying... I like it a lot. I also have the suave clarifying shampoo but the Fekkai triumphs I really like it (I won't repurchase though Fekkai is too expensive and unnecessary). I do a mask following every clarify, with cones of course <3

Safira
September 20th, 2011, 09:09 PM
When ever I need to, once/month or twice. I use quite a lot oils so they build up. I usually avoid cones, because I got huge tangles with them, but oils really build up.
I donīt mind clarifying so often, I love putting henna afterwards or hennagloss.

luxepiggy
September 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Ah, that would be never (^(oo)^)v

I'm a total cone junkie, but for some reason I've never had issues with buildup, even though I CO wash.

MasCat
September 21st, 2011, 07:44 AM
For now I clarify once a week, I know it is a lot, but I have a build-up problem, my hair constantly looks a bit damp and clumpy. Still trying to find my routine

Sundial
September 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM
At least once a week even though I don't use cones or styling products. For some reason, my hair gets gunky at the roots and dry and crunchy on the ends. Clarifying seems to solve that issue and "resets" my hair, so I do it as often as needed which is about once a week on average

PinkyCat
September 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Every weekend. I use Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo. There are no sulfates and the bottle dilutes to 1 gallon! Plus it smells like spearmint which I love.

YepLilly
September 21st, 2011, 07:59 AM
Whenever I feel like I need to, which seems to be around once a month. I use cones, but I also alternate between sulfates and no sulfates. I don't feel my hair gets gunky easily though. I CWC and I use Suave Clarifying shampoo or V05 Kiwi Lemon.

spidermom
September 21st, 2011, 08:00 AM
I use cone-free shampoo and conditioner, usually CWC method with diluted shampoo at the scalp (not the length) about every 3-4 days.

I use a coney serum about once per week/week and a half because it helps to detangle. The effects last that long.

I do a generous pre-wash coconut oiling an hour to a day before washing my hair.

I clarify once every 3-4 months using whatever shampoo I have on hand, diluted with not as much water as usual and working the solution/suds all the way down the length. If once doesn't do it, I'll repeat this for maybe two washings in a row.

YepLilly
September 21st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Every weekend. I use Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo. There are no sulfates and the bottle dilutes to 1 gallon! Plus it smells like spearmint which I love.

I'm gonna have to give this a try! I already use Queen Helene Mint scrub and Queen Helene Mint masque :p

annieangel149
September 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
after much experimenting i think i have my routine nailed *fingers crossed*
I CO wash with a coney conditioner every other day in the week!
I shampoo with a SLS shampoo and condition at the weekend!
And once every 2-3 weeks i will clarify and do an SMT! *so far my hair is happy*

oops! i forgot to mention! I apply a very small amount of coconut oil to my ends after every wash :D

Heartwillfollow
September 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Every 4th wash?? I was wondering what makes my hair need to be clarified.. Don't use cones, no other products but sauve coconut shampoo/conditioner. Wash once a week in this order cwc, co, cwc and have to clarify for how stiff werid feels. After doing a clarify also sauve product,, love it..... drive me nuts??? lol

PinkyCat
September 21st, 2011, 08:12 AM
I'm gonna have to give this a try! I already use Queen Helene Mint scrub and Queen Helene Mint masque :p

I use the masque too! I keep it in the fridge so its extra tingly!

Elle
September 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM
I scalp wash every other day and clarify when I do a full wash, which is probably a couple of times a month. Since oils don't work for me, I'm a regular silicone user. Every full wash I use both Redken Butter Treat and L'Oreal Mega Moisture. :)

Blond On Blond
September 21st, 2011, 09:34 AM
I alternate between different routines: I do CO, CWC, shampoo + conditioner, go no-cone or cone, use oils or go oil free. I clarify when my hair needs it. Sometimes once a week, sometimes once a month or even less.

NotInPortland
September 21st, 2011, 09:44 AM
Whenever I feel my hair needs it which doesn't seem to be often. I'm doing CO and am totally cone free for the time being and I don't use any products right now so I would imagine I won't need to for a few months unless I start using cones again.

jojo
September 21st, 2011, 11:06 AM
I use a lot of cones so I clarify with tresemme deep clean shampoo which I dilute twice a month. Tried the baking soda and it dried my hair out its horrible, id never recommend and i always follow with a DC.