PDA

View Full Version : wonder how much hair I yanked out today

archel
September 20th, 2011, 06:48 PM
...with my stupid pain patches on my neck and the electrodes from my TENS unit?

Sigh! Stupid neck pain! Stop rippin' out my hairs! :-P

longhairedlady
September 20th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Ouch that just sounds painful!

archel
September 20th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I had those little Salon Pas patches on and didn't realize I'd trapped a bunch of my fuzzy baby hairs from the back neckline. ARGH boy that hurt yanking them back off!

Airmide
September 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Eek, I'm so sorry you're going through that! Do you find the TENS unit helpful? I'm interested in trying one for back pain. Now I know never to use it til hair is already bunned, just in case!

archel
September 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
It helps a little, but the thing that helps me most is just time...sigh!

Charybdis
September 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
These Thermacare wraps (http://www.thermacare.com/product/neck-shoulder-wrist.aspx) are my favorite thing for neck pain. I like the fact that you can wear them under your shirt collar, and they keep heating all day (if you're at work, you probably don't want to be running to the microwave to reheat a bulky neck wrap). The heat really helps a lot!

Lostsoule77
September 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I use the thermacare wraps with a couple ibuprofen. The two together are amazing. I only do it when I really need to though because I hate taking medication. I like to put the thermacare on a couple hours before I go to bed. By the time I wake up they have stoppped working, but my pain is greatly reduced and I can start the day off better. :)

Sorry for you hair loss using the pads. Something to definitely watch out for.

supbanana
September 21st, 2011, 06:01 AM
Eek, I'm so sorry you're going through that! Do you find the TENS unit helpful? I'm interested in trying one for back pain. Now I know never to use it til hair is already bunned, just in case!

OT, but I used the TENS unit for back pain and it didn't do a thing. :( I used three different ones - the home version, the physical therapist's, and the chiropractors grand poobah one. If you try it I hope it helps; back pain is so miserable.

ArienEllariel
September 21st, 2011, 07:49 AM
Ouch! I've had a tens unit used on me when I first hurt my back about a year and a half ago. It helped immensely but those patches they use are really super sticky.. I could see why it would be detrimental to hair! ooh.. just the thought.. :shudder: