PDA

View Full Version : What's the ''magic'' ingredient against hair damage???

Shany
September 20th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hi,

My hairstylist has been suggesting me a specific hair mask/treatment for my hair since 2 years but I never bought it. I tried many conditioners and treatments. My hair was a bit more moisturized but still very tangly and prone to breakage. After only 10 minutes (or even less!) down it's usually tangled. Also, I have a hard time detangling it with my wide toothed comb. Even after trims, it still tangles.

I finally decided to give it a try because my hairstylist has beautiful healthy highlighted hair and her daughter too (hip length platinum hair). It's a local product, I never saw it in any hair salon and I get no result if I google it.

So, I tried my new hair mask, I left it in my hair for 10 mins. Even 3 days after my first use, the effect lasts. My hair looks healthy, feels soft, not coated, and no tangles!!!! Today I wore my hair in a half-up, it rubbed against my school bag and my hooded raincoat for at least 1 hour (2.5 hours of public transit/day) and I could still run my fingers through my hair. The very few tangles I get are very easy to detangle, even with my fingers. Before, it was impossible.

The ingredients:

Water, Myristyl Kathon CG copolymer Myristyl Palmitamido serinate Ceramide A2 Aloe Vera Panthenol Phenoxyethanol Propylen glycol (fragrance)

I guess the ''magic'' ingredient is ceramide!! and aloe vera for moisture. I know it doesn't repair damage permanently, but I think it protects hair against further damage.

just felt like sharing my experience :) ..now I need to study for my exam/test next week :(

pepperminttea
September 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Long answer: There isn't one.
Short answer: Patience.

Glad you've found something that works for you though. :)

xoxophelia
September 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
For me it is not heat styling or only very gently and rarely.

AcornMystic
September 20th, 2011, 03:00 PM
The magic ingredient against hair damage is TLC. You can put whatever substance you want in your hair, but if you aren't gentle it will become even more damaged.

If you want to stave off damage entirely. Lock yourself away where the air is ideal for your hair and won't be exposed to weather and never ever by any means touch your hair or let it touch anything, not even another hair strand. Don't even breath on your hair. :D

EDIT: My second paragraph was more for humour sake to the title, but my first paragraph holds true to my answer to the OP post. I cannot recommend a product, because no product will "magically" hold the damage doors at bay nor repair the damage (if that is what you are asking) because damage happens. The number one thing anyone can do, as far as treatment goes, is to be gentle. No product will allow you to be rough, only cover up damage already done/aid in less frequent damage and that is what a lot of people misconceive. I do agree though with Katsrevenge, perhaps even more than being gentle is to wear it up a lot because it would still rub on things no matter how gentle you are. When it all comes down though it must be handled and gentle is still the way.

Charlotte:)
September 21st, 2011, 12:29 AM
For me, it's cones. They protect my hair from moisture loss and tangles/breakage. They also make my hair super soft and shiny :)

Alex Lou
September 21st, 2011, 12:45 AM
This thread seems to be a test as to how many people will read more than the title.

Anway... Interesting! Ceramide. At first I thought, "That's just a fatty acid. It's the same as putting oil on your hair." But then I saw that it's more than just a fatty acid. It's the kind of molecule that forms cell membranes. I don't know what to think. But it shouldn't be too hard to test, I see Loreal advertising it.

katsrevenge
September 21st, 2011, 01:01 AM
Keep your hair up! That's really it.

Because even if you can't feel it, that rubbing is making damage.

ETA, that product may make the hair feel good and soft but it is only hiding the damage.

pixiedust
September 21st, 2011, 01:57 AM
Could be the copolymer or the panthenol, I find those work well to help in detangling.

Yeah it seems a lot of people didnt read past the title here haha.

Lianna
September 21st, 2011, 10:50 AM
That's so great that you found something that works for your hair down. Not all of us want to have hair up all the time!!

I remember trying ceramides in the past, years ago. It was okay. :)

For me is olive oil, cuts frizz and eases detangle.

ETA: About people not reading more than the title...perhaps they did read it and wanted to share what works for them.