PDA

View Full Version : Supe-ah fine

canny badger
September 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I have super super fine hair.
Love up-dos and braids- but it's only a minute or two before all the fly-aways start pulling out of them.
5% romantic, 99% messy.
I've never used product, but does anyone know of something I can use that doesn't leave residue, or... might even be good for my hair?
Love this site!

Badger

vanillabones
September 20th, 2011, 02:48 PM
My hair is super super fine too... I damp oil after my showers... I apply just a tiny bit of coconut or jojoba oil on my damp hair and when it dries my hair isn't greasy at all but I don't have static flyaways or halos anymore. Coconut oil is my favorite and I know it is the oiling because if I decide not to do it my hair looks 10x worse. That... and cones. I'm a cone-head, me and my hair love them (in conditioner and detangler).

Anje
September 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM
5% romantic, 99% messy.
104% huh?

I'll second the oils, at least as a place to start. Different people like different ones, but coconut oil (the edible type, skip the stuff marketed for hair only) is a favorite for many. Just a tiny little dab, barely enough to make your hands shiny, then run your hands over your hair before you put it up, will hopefully give your hair a little more staying power and less frizzy escape-iness.

Other folks here like to leave in a dab of clear aloe vera gel (you'll want the sort with no alcohol in it, and no anesthetics for sunburn). That has a bit of hold and usually doesn't contribute to buildup. Moisturizing, too.

FrozenBritannia
September 20th, 2011, 05:24 PM
My hair is super super fine too... I damp oil after my showers... I apply just a tiny bit of coconut or jojoba oil on my damp hair and when it dries my hair isn't greasy at all but I don't have static flyaways or halos anymore.

I am SO going to try this!! I was waiting till my hair was dry to put on the oil, but this seems like it might work even better!