PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have to do this to get their hair to behave

bunzfan
September 20th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Unless i apply a ton of oil on the length of my wavy hair it won't behave and go up in a nice updo. But if i use half a handful of olive oil it submits and it least looks not so fluffy. Anyone else have to do this? if i don't i have loads of frizz and fly away hairs:mad:

pepperminttea
September 20th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Oh yes. It's why I damp bun, and try to keep my hair just a tiny bit damp for as long as I can. As soon as it fully dries, it becomes The Fluffy Monster of Doom™ that won't do anything without a whole lot of oil. :p

PinkyCat
September 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
YES! I do this!
I mix some EVOO with my leave-in condish, apply from ears down, coconut oil on ends, gel over all, then air dry in a low pony for a couple hours or right up into an updo. I try to keep the oil away from my roots so I don't look like my hair is dirty. Works awesome.

Monsterkitti
September 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Damp bunning helped me tame the fluff, that and wearing a buff a lot of the time, it helps stop my hair fluffing up around my hairline :)

arith
September 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Yes I oil my hair when its damp and then bun it, and it helps a lot to tame the fluffiness.

longhairedlady
September 20th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I also apply EVOO and put it in a bun. If I dont my waves turn into a frizzy poof! My hair loves it though. :)

spidermom
September 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
No. I don't like oil in clean hair; it attracts dust and lint.

Noreth
September 20th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Yes! My hair eats up oil, and acts horribly without them.:( I just ran out of coconut oil, so I'm using Amla. It'll take a few days for it to adjust...

bunzfan
September 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
If i don't use oil look what happens:

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/th_006-3.jpg (http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/?action=view&current=006-3.jpg)

The oil keeps the fly away hairs smooth. I really like olive oil for this it doesn't build up as much as coconut oil does.

SarahKayfa
September 20th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I can't do an updo in clean hair that dried down. It just doesn't work. It has to be at least day 3 or 4 hair, and possibly damp. I'd have to use dry shampoo, hairspray, and a dozen pins to make it stay.

Juicematic
September 20th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Yes! But....I'm a curly. I have to add moisturizers and oils for my hair to do anything! I started off today with my hair down but just put it up and I have a lovely halo of crazy hairs around my bun. Should have just started the day with it up.

duckhugger
September 20th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I can FEEL my hair blowing in the wind finally!!! Also I look like a chia pet from the back its growing so much!

McFearless
September 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I like fluffy hair. I use a ton of oil because I have such dry hair.

archel
September 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Oh TOTALLY, only with me I use argan oil.

Mythica
September 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I tend to use either some water, oil, or a frizz serum. Either way, it's kind of a must as either a leave-in or a styling product, or my hair goes from wet to Furious Fuzzy Squid Of Anger©.

Lianna
September 21st, 2011, 02:15 AM
Yes, my hair is naturally frizzy, perhaps because I like to comb, and touch it. 1tps of olive oil usually does it for me, but I'm also an adept of the damp bunning. :)