PDA

View Full Version : stress induced shedding

Kaelee
September 20th, 2011, 08:36 AM
OK, now I'm 80% certain my hair is shedding more (some days, a LOT more!) due to stress. I'm currently pulling 12 hour shifts at work, and it's got me worried. My hair is pretty thick, and about APL, so I normally shed pretty much but...

Is there anything I can do to minimize the shedding in the mean time? I am going to Hawaii for two weeks at the end of October and I really don't want to be bald when I get there!!! :mad:

Alaia
September 20th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I'm just going to add what I've observed about stress shedding.

The usual pattern is slightly increased shedding during the stress and then a large shed roughly 3 months afterwards.

Seasonal sheds are also common.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you notice a rapid and sustained decrease in your pony circumference. Then consider going to the doctor.

Kaelee
September 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I moved 2 and a half months ago. That would do it.

I don't measure my ponytail but I certainly don't think my hair is any thinner. I've been shedding a lot since my move (but also, I have a different kind of drain in my tub so I can actually SEE how much I'm shedding! It's scary!).

Thanks! I'll try not to wig out (hehehe) about it any more.

Anje
September 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I lost about half a kitten last time I washed my hair. Wouldn't be surprised if this has something to do with DH starting work in a different state last July.

Kaelee
September 20th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Anje that's about the same time I moved! July 1st and man was that a crazy time....the 12 hour days aren't helping much but stressing about this doesn't help at all either.

princessp
September 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I lost about half a kitten last time I washed my hair. Wouldn't be surprised if this has something to do with DH starting work in a different state last July.

Lol, I just love that visual! :kitten:

I've had stress shedding too. It will pass. I know it is hard but try not to stress too much about it because, well.... :)