PDA

View Full Version : this fall weather is HEAVEN!

archel
September 20th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I have to say, this delicious fall weather in the Appalachians is AWESOME now that my hair is getting longer. It's cool and rainy today and my hair is down and silky and awesome and it's keeping me warm. AHHHHH YES.

So when it gets REALLY cold, what do you folks do to stay warm when wearing updos? I have 3 pashminas and I think I'm going to get more. Nothing sucks as much as a cold neck. OH! And I got earmuffs last year that are also headphones you can plug into an mp3 player - how genius is that!?

I'll be curious to see how I need to change up my hair routine this winter. It gets SO dry here. I do have a humidifier and I'm guessing I won't want to use aloe vera this winter as a hair gel or it will suck the life out of my hair. So far this summer my argan oil has been good, but I wonder if I will need a heavier leave in. We'll see!

oktobergoud
September 20th, 2011, 06:46 AM
My hair has been short most winters so no hair to keep me warm!
What I love are knitted cowls <3 I knit them myself, really big ones :D Soo warm and comfy!
And I always wear headphones so they keep my ears warm :P

Lapin
September 20th, 2011, 07:20 AM
envy!

this fall is triggering every stupid allergy i have, and my hair brushing against my hypersensitive skin is bothersome. i'm using this time as an excuse to put my hair up every day, ends oiled, to get it in great shape :)

GRU
September 20th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I mentioned "scoodies" in this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1784060#post1784060).....

misspurdy06
September 20th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Scarves are very important. In the fall I wear very light scarves (like chiffon) because it isn't that cold. In winter; wool, cotton and cashmere.

I have also been tortured by my allergies! I am considering an allergy shot because my clairitin isn't cutting it.

archel
September 20th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Oh my allergies have been bad too - luckily it is raining today and has knocked the ick out of the air!

UltraBella
September 20th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I look crazy in the winter ! I have a big stretchy hat that fits over my huge bun, it's giggle worthy for sure.
Montana weather is getting cold quickly. It was only 34F last night. Darn it, I think fall is going to skip straight to winter.
I have a very warm Columbia coat that is made for super cold weather and I have a remote start on my Equinox so I can get it warmed up if it is one of those 30 below zero days. Brrrrr.

archel
September 20th, 2011, 08:07 AM
UltraBella, I have never lived anywhere that cold, I think I would die! O_O