PDA

View Full Version : epic hair dye story

WinterButterfly
September 20th, 2011, 02:11 AM
For about a month I had been planning to touch up my roots. But it seems that fate has been against me. Usually I get the urge to touch up my roots at 2 to 3 weeks. But I make myself go at leats 4 weeks. So at about 5 weeks I was getting frusterated. I didn't have much time, so I went to the store that sells my brand of hair dye (clarol) but all they had was blond. I am a natural blond who dyes her hair black. In fact it is hard to find a dye that will make it black, not brown. A week later I had time to go to the store. I decided to try semi perminent dye. The next day I used it and it didn't really work. I was still mostly blondish at the roots. About two more weeks later I finally got to the store and purchased my brand of dye, but I didn't go home. I went with a friend to help with this halloween thing. (I was a zombie!) It was an hour drive there. It was in a bag of thighs I had out. I don't drive. It got left there. A week lateri finally got to the store to purchase dye again. I now have it in my house. I hope nothing happens to it before I can use it tomarrow. I have over an inch of blond roots that are bugging me to no end.

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?

Kaelee
September 20th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Maybe it's a sign you shouldn't use it? LOL!

spidermom
September 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Natural color is so easy!

I'm having trouble picturing a bag of thighs.

Kaelee
September 20th, 2011, 08:48 AM
LMAO I think she meant "bag of things". I reread that like 10 times... (sorry WinterButterfly, we're not picking on you! We've all done it!)

GlassWidow
September 20th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I love typos! Because of the mention of the party, and the fact she dressed as a zombie, I thought the OP must be referring to chicken thighs for use as a costume prop. :lol: I was thinking "yeah, I wouldn't want to use hair dye that had been in with chicken thighs all night!" Bag of things makes a lot more sense in the real world. hehe

WinterButterfly, I let my roots go for a while when I was in college and when I finally got around to going to the store to buy more hair coloring, I discovered they'd completely discontinued my favorite brand!

WinterButterfly
September 20th, 2011, 01:30 PM
My little phone keyboard doesn't agree with my fingernails... I fix one error, then I see another ten. But yeah, it has been hard getting ahold of the dye. It is the best stuff I have used in a long tine, and it only costs $3. I believe that I figured out why dye doesn't stick. I don't have pourus hair in the least. This is why I also don't get much damage from box dyes. In fact, I find my hair easier to manage after the dye. It's less slippery. Natural hair was easy. I do miss the not having to bother with touch ups. But I really do like my black hair. I can wear brown clothes without looking like I blend into the wall. I am so glad I finally got ahold of my dye! I'm going to use it soon!

annieangel149
September 20th, 2011, 01:50 PM
LMAO I think she meant "bag of things". I reread that like 10 times... (sorry WinterButterfly, we're not picking on you! We've all done it!)

:rollin: oh my god! that is just so funny! i was re-reading the reply too for a few mins! It had me confused and then i moved on to your replies! well...i nearly fell off the bed giggling! lol

teal
September 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I love typos! Because of the mention of the party, and the fact she dressed as a zombie, I thought the OP must be referring to chicken thighs for use as a costume prop. :lol: I was thinking "yeah, I wouldn't want to use hair dye that had been in with chicken thighs all night!" Bag of things makes a lot more sense in the real world. hehe

This is what I came up with, too, though not necessarily as part of the costume. Could've been dinner. I was thinking "that sounds kinda gross but I guess it's just a box that'll get tossed anyway". :shrug: