PDA

View Full Version : Crazy hair day ideas?

bluesnowflake
September 19th, 2011, 06:50 PM
My school has Spirit Week next week before homecoming. This year, one of the dress-up days is crazy hair day- yay! I can have some fun with this one. Any ideas for a crazy style? No heat tools, please, and none or minimal product.

jasper
September 19th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I wore rag curls on a crazy hair day. It was pretty crazy for me, since my hair is always up and out of the way.

If we have a crazy hair day this year, I think I will put two buns on top of my head mouse-ear style.

bedazzlecat
September 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Pippi Longstocking?

darklyndsea
September 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Is it possible to do the hair bow thing without backcombing? Because I think that looks pretty crazy.

sun-kissed
September 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure what color your hair is, but it'd be fun to have some sort of extensive braiding (I thought this (http://m359.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/iowalish/camille.jpg.html?src=www&action=view&current=camille.jpg) was cool)and have each braid be a different color with temporary spray-in dye. But I'm a blonde, so it's easy for me to get crazy colors with cheep costume dye. If you have dark hair it might be kinda hard.

Kyla
September 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Pippi Longstocking?

Seconded! Braid some wire in with pigtails and you're set! :) Maybe you could even use temp. red dye.

UltraBella
September 19th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I like the trick of taking an empty liter soda bottle and tying your hair around it. Flip your head upside down, insert bottle so the flat bottom is on the very top crown area of your head, gather hair around bottle to hide it and secure tightly at the top with a scrunchie. It's so tall and funny looking :)

lacefrost
September 19th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Brushed out braidwaves! That's crazy looking.

Quixii
September 19th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I have so many hair ties, that I once put a ponytail on the top of my head and managed to actually get it to stay straight up but just securing hair-tie right after hair-tie to the top and a couple bobby pins at the bottom. My hair was a bit shorter then, but it was still pretty cool. Wish I got pictures of that...

gthlvrmx
September 19th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I like the trick of taking an empty liter soda bottle and tying your hair around it. Flip your head upside down, insert bottle so the flat bottom is on the very top crown area of your head, gather hair around bottle to hide it and secure tightly at the top with a scrunchie. It's so tall and funny looking :)
oh my gosh i LOVE THIS:p id so do it if we still had crazy hair day

Airmide
September 19th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Quixii I also wish you had pictures of that!! If you ever do it again, please take pictures!

I once came up with a pretty crazy looking hairstyle - I sectioned my hair into about 6 sections from top to bottom. Then I pulled each section to the middle and made a mini bee butt bun, so they were all in a row, like a bee-butt mohawk! It looked pretty awesome. Because my hair is so long, each mini bun stuck up really high. I bet it would still look pretty cool with shorter hair too though! If you wanted to do even more, maybe you could get some clip in extensions in crazy colors and add them in.

Whatever you do, please take pictures and share them with us!

MinderMutsig
September 19th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I like the trick of taking an empty liter soda bottle and tying your hair around it. Flip your head upside down, insert bottle so the flat bottom is on the very top crown area of your head, gather hair around bottle to hide it and secure tightly at the top with a scrunchie. It's so tall and funny looking :) Ooooh I like this one!

Quixii
September 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I once came up with a pretty crazy looking hairstyle - I sectioned my hair into about 6 sections from top to bottom. Then I pulled each section to the middle and made a mini bee butt bun, so they were all in a row, like a bee-butt mohawk! It looked pretty awesome. Because my hair is so long, each mini bun stuck up really high. I bet it would still look pretty cool with shorter hair too though! If you wanted to do even more, maybe you could get some clip in extensions in crazy colors and add them in.
That sounds really cool! Next time school has crazy-hair day, I've got an idea. :D

Anje
September 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I was going to suggest mohawk braids, but mohawk buns sound fun too!

ETA: Anything from this site (http://imaginary-styles.iwarp.com/) could be good. Look especially in the "Indescribable" section.

Airmide
September 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks for that link Anje. I think that may be where I came up with my mohawk bee-butt idea. She has some really cool styles! I especially liked the duct taped tupperware one, and the Bjork. I wonder if she used wires or anything in her hair? I wish she'd give more detailed instructions.

bluesnowflake
September 20th, 2011, 05:05 PM
oooh, I like all these ideas! Now the hardest part will be a decision. Just for reference, I'm dark blond and it's actually 33", I just haven't updated my stats :P