PDA

View Full Version : Advise: I am going to ligthen with honey

Susana
September 19th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Hi guys!

I a going to ligthen my hair with honey now because I want to get a bright red from henna. I read the thread but I still have a few questions.

I am going to use the recommended ratio of 1 TBS honey : 6 TBS distilled water.

Must I wet my hair before I apply the mixture?

If so with normal water or distilled?

How much should I make approximately for waist length hair?

Thanks guys!

Cheers

Yame
September 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I have no advice, but I want to ask you to let us know how it goes. I have a friend who wants to lighten her hair and I want her to do it naturally!

Susana
September 19th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I'll take pics Yame! If I go through the entire process I will document it here for better or for worse lol ;)

ravenreed
September 19th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I have used honey a couple of times, trying to lighten my hair. It really only lighted the hair at the nape of my neck for some reason.

fleurdelis
September 19th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Seems like we got the honey treatement + henna treatement idea at aproximately same time, I am looking forward at comparing results and experiences if we both actually do it :)

emelnd
September 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Let us know how it goes, I am curious about this too! I like the bright reds of henna.

Susana
September 19th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Fleurdelis we should make a thread where we post our pics and stuff! what do you think?

fleurdelis
September 20th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Definitely, the one that gets pics first should start it :) Though I still have issues with putting pics here, but IŽll manage somehow.

annieangel149
September 20th, 2011, 02:17 AM
looking forward to seeing the results! :D

fleurdelis
September 28th, 2011, 02:08 AM
So Susana, what have you done until now? How did the honey lightening go? :)