PDA

View Full Version : Blonder and redder?

fleurdelis
September 19th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Hey guys,

I am not sure if this is even properly possible, but I would like to have my hair a bit lighter - blonder and redder. I am aiming for something like Rachel Lefere´s reddest hair phase (there are probably better examples, but I fell in love with her hair the moment I saw them..)

I do not really want to chemically dye my hair though, or at least I would like to try it at first naturally. I have been thinking of doing a honey treatement and then henna gloss, if satisfied repeating the proccess. (I am scared of going too red at once. Loving red hair on other people is one thing, but I have to see how it works on me step by step). My hair is middle to light brown.

So, what do you think? Any tips or suggestions?

Susana
September 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Hi! I am doing something similar right now! I want to get a bright red through henna but my hair is medium brown and the other members wisely advised that henna will not lighten my hair, but it will only make it redder, so if I want a color brighter and lighter than what I have I need to lighten it. I do not want to use bleach and they mentioned the honey lightening method (which I didn't know existed, but here it is :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1661&postcount=1 :) )

If you don't want to go too bright you could maybe henna first and then lighten with honey or even do a strand test to make sure you get the right color?

Anje
September 19th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I have been thinking of doing a honey treatement and then henna gloss, if satisfied repeating the proccess.
If you're satisfied, don't repeat the process. Each henna application you do will add to the redness and darkness of your hair. Henna is cumulative and permanent, to the point where you'll only want to touch up your roots once you're happy with the color because your length will just keep reddening if you keep applying it.

fleurdelis
September 19th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Good luck Susana :) I think, but am not sure, that the lightening effect of honey would be greater on virgin hair, not on hennaed hair, to be honest I am not sure why...I allready have that Honey thread in my faves, that is exactly what I want to use :) Have you allready done anything with your hair?

Thanks for the tip Anje, what I ment was that if I would like my hair redder, but if it would not be red enough, I would do another henna gloss or maybe, maybe full henna.

Susana
September 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hey fleurdelis! I have not done anything with it yet, but I got 4L of distilled water in my kitchen and a cup of honey that I am planning on using today!

Thanks for the tip too Anje! I might soon be a hennahead and know little on the subject!

fleurdelis
September 20th, 2011, 01:59 AM
I really wonder what I should do today...I have both henna and honey...I was thinking of doing them both in one day, but now I think I´ll do only henna today. It is becuase I read that henna sometimes does not react so well on hair that has been recently bleached by peroxide, and honey does produce peroxide...Other reason is that this is my last week of vacations meaning that I do not have to see anyone if the henna goes all wierd :D I do not think that the peroxide thing from honey is too serious, but I guess it is safer to first henna and then honey.

fleurdelis
September 20th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Ok, I did a bit more of research, and first honey then henna it is, becuase apparetly it is much easier to bleach/highlight virgin hair then henna hair, so, I am going out with my dog to buy some destilled water and czech out olive oils :)

annieangel149
September 20th, 2011, 02:21 AM
im really interested in seeing how this turns out for you both fleurdelis and susana :)

fleurdelis
September 20th, 2011, 02:23 AM

Susana
September 20th, 2011, 05:54 AM
To update you ladies, I didnt honey yesterday, hoping to do it today!

fleurdelis
September 20th, 2011, 06:50 AM
So, as for my update, I decided to do henna and not honey today and I actually have it on my hair as I write :)

fleurdelis
September 28th, 2011, 02:08 AM
So...as for results, I really like my new shade, my hair is definitely redder, specially in sunlight, but, it is by far not red enough, so I am thinking of repeating soon, this time not beeing so afraid of how it will turn out :) My hair right after henna looked basically a warmer, beautiful brown with reddish highlights in the sun and the parts which I had blonder, like ends, looked ginger-goldenish. Over all my hair did actually have s golden shine about it, and my best freind said it looked blonder :D ( my hair is sometimes very chameleon-ish)